Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Ca$h

I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Well.. at least I think so. Know why? I went to Chicago last night. I almost got f*cking killed a bunch of times. How do I hate illinois drivers? Let me count the ways:

1. A new chevy S10 was going 40mph on the freeway. I almost rear ended him. I was paying attention, but I was going 70mph in the fast lane. 40 in a 65?!?? Good god!!!!

2. When going past a T shaped intersection, I didn't have a stop sign and some guy pulled out not only in FRONT of me, but AT ME. He was in MY lane coming AT ME. WTF??! Who knows.

3. A 'fast and furious yo!' retard in a completely pimped out supra was going straight at a 4 way stoplight, I was turning left. Halfway through the intersection he decided he wanted to go left, but instead of using his signal and gently veering left he floors it and shoots left ALMOST CLIPPING the front of my SVX. If I had not hit my brakes as fast as I did I would ahve been in an accident, then in jail for beating the living hell out of the guy with a tire iron.

ARGH.

The good news is I went to Ikea and got a desk for my room for only 56 bucks. Kewl.

- Ca$h
Old 09-08-2002, 01:28 PM
I_Alcyone_I

I get quite a bit of people like that around where I live. Man I really hate the people doing 50 on the freeway for no reason. or they are going 50 in the slow lane, your come up at 70, then they swerve right infront of you speed up a little, then match the speed of the other person in the slow lane also going 50.

Also, isn't it great when people don't use their turn signals a four ways, then they glare at you like you are an a** when they turn and almost hit you.

Maybe driving classes and tests should be required every 10 years.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

<<1. A new chevy S10 was going 40mph on the freeway. I almost rear ended him. I was paying attention, but I was going 70mph in the fast lane. 40 in a 65?!?? Good god!!!!>>

You do know that there are no minimum speed limit on the freeways in IL unless it is stated?

<<2. When going past a T shaped intersection, I didn't have a stop sign and some guy pulled out not only in FRONT of me, but AT ME. He was in MY lane coming AT ME. WTF??! Who knows.>>

When people see a strange car, people do that.

<. A 'fast and furious yo!' retard in a completely pimped out supra was going straight at a 4 way stoplight, I was turning left. Halfway through the intersection he decided he wanted to go left, but instead of using his signal and gently veering left he floors it and shoots left ALMOST CLIPPING the front of my SVX. If I had not hit my brakes as fast as I did I would ahve been in an accident, then in jail for beating the living hell out of the guy with a tire iron.>>

Chances are cops are going to say it's your fault to begin with. So be glad you were not in an accident.

<<The good news is I went to Ikea and got a desk for my room for only 56 bucks. Kewl.>>

I live only 10 minutes away from IKEA. You should have stop by. I'd love to [I]meet{/I} you .

Perhaps, you should stay in WI and drive there. It might be safer for you. You want to see a-holes drive, go to NYC. Chicago is mild.

-- L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-08-2002, 05:55 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I live only 10 minutes away from IKEA. You should have stop by. I'd love to [I]meet{/I} you .

MMMM IKEA.

Mike
Old 09-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Boone

Re: Re: Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

MMMM IKEA.

Mike
IKEA?
Old 09-08-2002, 07:54 PM
squiggy

that comment about nyc drivers....

I resemble
--uh um I mean
I resent that remark
Squiggy
Old 09-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool Re: Re: Re: Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Boone

IKEA?

IKEA makes furniture for Volvos.
You betcha' - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:28 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
awww seraph....dont go haitin on wi now!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

IKEA makes furniture for Volvos.
You betcha' - Ron.
Sweedish furnature company. Bigest furnature company in the world. www.ikea.com I love that place.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...=&postid=38270

Mike
Old 09-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
You think that's bad, try driving in New Jersey. Everytime i go there i am amazed at how creative their drivers are at being horrible. I swear they invent new ways to drive bad. It's a good thing i don't have a gun in my car!!

I do have to say though, one of the coolest occurences i have ever seen on a highway occured in NJ. Somewhere on the AC Expressway, I was in the "slow" lane...and i saw two ricemobiles (easy to spot because of the $10 Autozone "Xenon Blue" headlights) coming up fast behind me. I was thinking "here we go". So they blow by me (i was doing about 70 at the time), engines screaming, they had to be doing well over 100, a Civic, then a Neon (sorry Cash, even you would have shaken your head in disbelief if you saw this ridiculous looking thing trying to race)...they got about 50 feet in front of me. Then, out of the corner of my eye, a red flash, and a ground shaking rumble...a Trans AM WS6 BLOWS by me...and then both the Civic and Neon. Needles to say, this spectacle was enough to end the ricers' race. I cheered. Nice to see those boys being put in their place by a real Hot Rod.

In case you haven't noticed, i am a big fan of large displacement american cars. I am currently saving up for my own "mustang eater".
Old 09-09-2002, 02:43 AM

I have to say the worst drivers in the world have to be in Montreal, I know some of our members in Montreal will speak up on this topic. The only place I have ever been where there are no lines on some of the highways. They look like a runway that is 4 lanes wide and everyone drives wherever it is convenient. Funny enough they all seem to know what each other is doing. It is only the out of towners that seem out of place.

Keith
Old 09-09-2002, 06:34 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Never been to Middle-East right? Try visiting Jordan, Syria, Egypt, and Lebanon. You will be surprise
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:03 AM
Ca$h

I grew up on mustang eaters. 1968 Dodge Charger 383 hurst 4 spd. My first car.

Anyway, I had an incident like the highway one you mentioned. I was driving along and I heard an angry swarm of bees, looks over and saw an Eagle Talon with yellow striping all over it (like a tiger) with a HUGE spoiler, chrome heavy ugly ghetto wheels, the whole bit. So I start laughing really hard and pointing at him, and the guy gets all mad. Keep in mind he's in the slow lane. Well, to show how 'tough' his car was he floors it and his car (pathetically) goes forward and he's just staring at me all ticked off. Well..eh.. he almost REAR ENDS a freaking semi, overcorrects, and then almost hits the concrete divider between the highways. Man, that kid must have crapped his pants. heheHheeh.

- Ca$h
Old 09-09-2002, 10:06 AM
Ca$h

Re: Re: I am the worlds best driver!!!!

Quote:
You do know that there are no minimum speed limit on the freeways in IL unless it is stated?
Words cannot descripe just how stupid that is.

Quote:
When people see a strange car, people do that.
He wasn't looking at my car. He was some 60 yr old retard staring trying to figure out which store he wanted to go to in the mall.

Quote:

Perhaps, you should stay in WI and drive there. It might be safer for you. You want to see a-holes drive, go to NYC. Chicago is mild.
Funny thing: I've been to chicago a bunch of times and never had any problems. >shrug<

- Ca$h
Old 09-10-2002, 12:04 AM

Everytime I take a left off of a busy 4 lane road to pull into the parking lot where I work, at the same time somebody's pulling out of the parking lot to take a left onto this same road, they pull right out in front of me, even though I've got the right-of-way. I usually have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting them. Yes. EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' TIME!!!