SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-13-2011, 03:57 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Another day in the SVX

Took a work associate/friend about 150 miles away to get some money for his new car purchase and grab the title for his current car which is failing at 230k miles, shoddy transmission... Saturn. With the additional stops and what not, it was about 360 or so miles of decent driving.

We stopped at Arby's and he went to fill up his drink before we left. He asked "You have cup holders, right?" I looked around (thinking, crap lol) and stated yea... to the black 2 holder cup job that you get at wal-mart for like 7 bucks. (Later I read a youtube comment about any car without cup holders is no car for me!) haha... I then/now question why the hell isn't there a real cup holder job somewhere from the get go... but oh well.

Half way through the trip he suddenly? notices the split windows and was like "Wait.... what's up with the window? Do they both go up and down?" of course I couldn't demonstrate as my windows still do not roll up/down due to short electrical wiring which has corroded under my seat (I'm assuming). He was just being a jackass about it I'm sure, just his personality.

Almost 3 hours into driving around and hitting some stop lights the air started to get warm. I then noticed it was slightly overheating until we started moving again. As of now, I'm assuming it is low on antifreeze but haven't had a chance to safely pop and add more to really know. I checked the oil which was fine and after it sat at the bank for about 30 minutes, shut off... it was fine after driving it again until getting back home another 2 hours later, slowly hitting a stop light here and there and noticing the luke warm air and slight over heating. I'm optimistic though in that it's fine.

Just sharing another day of SVX experience is all...
Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Another day in the SVX

If I remember right I think there mite had been a plastic cup holder asserorry that fitted into the center console box thingy.

Also there was a tray that pulles out from under the passagers seat. I cant remember if that has a place to hold a cup?

I did find the tray in my SVX. Never knew it was there till I pulled the seat out
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Another day in the SVX

1994 and newer came with a little cup holder plastic thing that goes in the center console. the tray under the seat is a tray that all it is