SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2002, 08:33 PM

The man never fails to disappoint me.
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Jayjay

GODDAMN

i didnt think it would have that much trouble to have a SVX. this was exactly what i needed. people to share their thoughts about this car and i really appritiate everybody for the thoughts. See what i really looking forward to get a decent car that u dont see alot. i really would like to have a car that u barely see in the streets, cause out here is just people basically hookin the same cars up and its getting pretty boring. Im just searchin for a car that can be nice lookin, fast, and pretty easy to drive. SVX was the perfect car that drew my attention but i dont think i would be needin it anymore cause i can see what i have to go through if i have one. AS far as the money goes i can make enough to pay the car and for some simple repairs, i dont like to pay tons of money just for the repair, although i would pay a decent amount of money to hook it up. its not that im poor but its just that i would like to have some savings too.

Note: cash i really appritiate for your help but i dont agree with your comment about havin a bad grammer means that you're not educated. this is the way i type!! i aint trying to type a essay for my English class!!! (and i noticed they way you type changed big time from the first comment u had!!!?? but anywayz......

Last edited by Jayjay; 09-05-2002 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Ca$h

Like I said, I did state I could be completely off base, but GENERALLY the way someone types reflects their intelligence in general. I won't go into specifics, but this 'theory' was backed up right on this board.

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 12:36 PM

Unhappy

More importantly, the manner (or lack of) in which someone speaks to others has a very strong reflection on their character (or lack of). This has also been proven numerous times on this board.
98 Outback 180k
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Ca$h

Point taken. I actually am a really nice person, but ghetto gangsta Gs just tick me off. So do ignorant people. I don't have much tolerance for either. >shrug<

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:11 PM

Ca$h, I do not doubt that you are a very nice person. I also get ticked off by a lot of things but I have learned to deal with with these things in my own way. As an example, when people really get me angry at work through e-mails, I respond to them immediately but save the message without sending it until the next day when my head has cooled off. In most cases, I make changes and state my point more tactfully. I find that this kind of "kinder and gentler" approach is more effective in dealing with others. That is just my personal approach and I make to claims that it is right for everybody. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new car as much as I enjoy mine.
98 Outback 180k
Old 09-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Ca$h

I definitely enjoy it. In fact, TODAY, I just drove my 1000th mile in an SVX. I put 1000 miles on it in under 2 weeks. heh. I LOVE IT! SVXS ARE GODS GIFT TO THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD! RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:24 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
GENERALLY
- Ca$h
Rob,

There is your problem. You go around generalizing without knowing crap. Face it, you do NOT know everything in life.

-- L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:27 PM

Quote:
SVXS ARE GODS GIFT TO THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD! RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

- Ca$h
I personally think of them as beautiful, headaches given to us by the devil. It's like the apple in the garden of eden.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Ca$h

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Rob,

There is your problem. You go around generalizing without knowing crap. Face it, you do NOT know everything in life.

-- L
Ok, and your problem is assuming. I never said I knew everything now, did I? :P

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Ca$h

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I personally think of them as beautiful, headaches given to us by the devil.
Women? What? ;D

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:43 PM

Quote:

Ok, and your problem is assuming. I never said I knew everything now, did I? :P

- Ca$h
You do know that you don't have to say it to show it right?
Old 09-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
I definitely enjoy it. In fact, TODAY, I just drove my 1000th mile in an SVX. I put 1000 miles on it in under 2 weeks. heh. I LOVE IT! SVXS ARE GODS GIFT TO THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD! RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

- Ca$h
I put 1000 miles on mine the first 4 days I had it - picked it up in Texas on Friday night, drove it back to New Mexico on Saturday, and traveled on business Monday and Tuesday. I've noticed that God's gifts sometimes have a little surprise attached.

I think you were a little hard on the young'un, Ca$h, though I did LMAO.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 09-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Ca$h

Hey. I'm only 21. I'm just not a moron like some people my age.

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Hey. I'm only 21. I'm just not a moron like some people my age.

- Ca$h
And I felt exactly the same way at your age. And actually, I feel exactly the same way at age 54. The difference between then and now is that I've learned a few things - one is "just because I think it doesn't mean I have to say it"; another is "what I say should add light, not heat, to the situation"; another is compassion. People who aren't as intelligent, or educated, or wise as you or I don't deserve our scorn, they deserve compassion. They aren't that way by choice, but by circumstance.

I think you're a very intelligent guy, and obviously have lots to offer both on and off this forum. Kindness goes a looooooong way.

And I think that's enough from me on this topic.

I remembered on my drive home today (in my SVX, of course) that I did those 1000 miles in 3 days, not 4 - I picked the car up Saturday night and drove home Sunday. I bought it sight unseen, and hope that doesn't come back to bite me.
2001 Outback Sport