Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 AM

Two (nearly) complete cars!

I have two complete cars less the transmissions and engines. I will sell any part of these two cars.

Black 1992 was used for a engine swap by the person I purchased the car from. It is the most perfect svx body I have (out of 4) without a scratch. It is black and the paint is good. The car had few miles and spent its life in a garage. The (grey) interior is excellent. Heater core, axles, brakes, wheels, windows, hood, trunk lid, headlights, maybe a taillight (we all know they crack easily and like moisture), sunroof, sunroof motors, you name it. I cannot list every part this car can give. I have taken the cv joints and rear axles. Rear dif is still intact, driveshaft, engine and tranny mounts, etc.

Green 1992 was bought for the use of its good tranny. Engine needs a head gasket done (give me 3 months to get to it) tranny has been taken out. Other than that, it is a very nice car. Interior is very clean for the age (not as perfect as black car, which is a time capsule) with no tears in the grey leather and good suede trim all around.
Axles, brakes, wheels, doors, hood, drivers fender has small dent every other body panel is for sale.

Both of these cars are available as rollers or for individual parts. If you want the whole car hurry before people start taking the good stuff. I have pictures of everything and access to all parts throughout the work day.

Ask away!!!
Thanks,
James Butler
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM

Re: Two (nearly) complete cars!

parts pm sent
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

A shame to sell the black one in parts...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

If I could I would buy the black car whole.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM

The black car had its heart ripped out by the previous "owner." Its tranny has the famous 1-2-oh wait where's 3rd? the same as my 97 red. The (engine) electronics are gone, engine harness etc. No accessories. The electric window's, etc. remain intact. Sunroof motor also has been taken (I still have one from the green 92). It was an engine swap and thus needs a new engine with everything to be good again. If you need an ebony body part/shell, this is the best one you'll find. Not a single spec of rust, the door(s) makes a perfect solid connection every time you shut it, smoother than any of the other three I have. It is just a great shell. Silver is absolutely right. Somebody should snatch up this shell because it doesn't need a thing. Maybe has two door dings all the way around.

The shell of the green car is good, minor damage to driver fender and hood, an automatic fence got the better of it before I acquired the vehicle. I pulled out the dents and spent a few hours (ok, days) trying to make the fender straight. If you want to learn bodywork try fixing an svx part. Thin steel and no straight lines. I digress...long story short No rust.

The red 97 tranny also has a cracked rear driven gear, which is housed in the rear of the tranny and is a hard part. I actually have 3 tranny's that need good guts. Any swapping, etc. would be welcome!!

Current status of 97 red is a tranny that worked (from green 92) was put in. The car ran and shifted great. A week later neutral became its favorite gear. It never changed its mind. In fact it decided never again to engage forward, reverse, or any other way for that matter. Just like my ex
wife.http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif All other systems in car work perfectly. This car is not for parts.

And if anyone know's why a 4EAT would go front drive, not the fuse, etc. default, but a failure somewhere resulting in front drive only, please let me know.

All three of these cars are available as rollers at any time. The red 97 has a rebuilt title from the state of MA. Title of black shell is clean but no longer exists? Not sure what you might have to do to re-title the vehicle. Green 92 has salvage title. And yes I have it. Only title I do not have is the black 92.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXAHOLIC View Post
And if anyone know's why a 4EAT would go front drive, not the fuse, etc. default, but a failure somewhere resulting in front drive only, please let me know.
Did you ever try putting the transmission in the "1" position? It is possible that it will move when doing that but even so, the trans will more than likely need a rebuild/replacement.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Yup, tried that. Also tried putting in manual and starting in 2nd. And changing out the valve body. And the solenoids. So I'm going to agree with you on that one...thank you for the reply. I do have a good tranny shop locally that can provide all parts(and yes I've confirmed this), so once I get moving I should have no trouble.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Yup, tried that. Also tried putting in manual and starting in 2nd. And changing out the valve body. And the solenoids. So I'm going to agree with you on that one...thank you for the reply. I do have a good tranny shop locally that can provide all parts(and yes I've confirmed this), so once I get moving I should have no trouble.
It's too bad you aren't close to me. I would grab the ebony. I was the one who questioned location and price on the other forum but Cali is a bit too far away
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Oh gotcha. How're those 4.44's treating you? Do you have/know a mod that gives the center an LSD?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Oh gotcha. How're those 4.44's treating you? Do you have/know a mod that gives the center an LSD?
The 4.44 gears are great. Actually had someone that hated that the SVX only came stock with an auto actually get a thrill when I took him for a ride in it.

What do you mean the center an LSD? the rear differential is an LSD stock in the SVX and the center differential varies the power to the rear based on a lot of factors.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 AM

the sti has a center lsd as well as a rear lsd, neither of which is responsible for transferring between front and rear(uh, duh. Just making sure you don't think I'm confused). Yes, the svx rear dif is lsd (i've burnt one after cracking a tranny) but the front will spin a single wheel, no lsd. Normally this doesn't happen as power is transferred to the rear immediately upon slipping, but if you throw the front drive fuse in there you will find yourself spinning a single front wheel every time you make a hard turn under power (she's a torquey girl).
The way I see it, both those front wheels should be scratching away before the transfer to the rear happens.
How many rpm's does your engine spin at 80mph? Stock tire size correct?

By the way everyone, keep pm'ing about those parts!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
the sti has a center lsd as well as a rear lsd, neither of which is responsible for transferring between front and rear(uh, duh. Just making sure you don't think I'm confused). Yes, the svx rear dif is lsd (i've burnt one after cracking a tranny) but the front will spin a single wheel, no lsd. Normally this doesn't happen as power is transferred to the rear immediately upon slipping, but if you throw the front drive fuse in there you will find yourself spinning a single front wheel every time you make a hard turn under power (she's a torquey girl).
The way I see it, both those front wheels should be scratching away before the transfer to the rear happens.
How many rpm's does your engine spin at 80mph? Stock tire size correct?

By the way everyone, keep pm'ing about those parts!
It's at 3000 rpm at 70 mph, so not sure what it is at 80 mph.
I see what you are talking about now, the front differential on all phase1 4eat's are open and there is no cheap way to do it and not sure if anyone has gone the route of bothering to get one made. Unless you are making a ton of power, before the front wheels spin, power is already transfered to the rear wheels. Even with the 4.44's and on gravel, I've only had the wheels slip slightly so its not really too much of an issue.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Do you have rims that are straight and in decent condition?

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 PM

Yes. I have original rims in original grey I can take a few pictures tomorrow. I have 2 extra sets I will check on the condition of all 8 wheels. The worst wheels might have minor paint chipping around the corners, but I know there are 4+ clean wheels.

BTW nice low mileage LSi. My 94 is that color. I have a center (between the headlights) piece for the front that is painted that color with the Japanese alcyone symbol in the center. The person before me was apparently an enthusiast (and not a mechanic lol).

Last edited by SVXAHOLIC; 11-09-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Yes. I have original rims in original grey I can take a few pictures tomorrow. I have 2 extra sets I will check on the condition of all 8 wheels. The worst wheels might have minor paint chipping around the corners, but I know there are 4+ clean wheels.

BTW nice low mileage LSi. My 94 is that color. I have a center (between the headlights) piece for the front that is painted that color with the Japanese alcyone symbol in the center. The person before me was apparently an enthusiast (and not a mechanic lol).
Do you think the different center piece allows for better air flow to the radiator? If it is the 1997 grill, it looks like it would. I think that is the other weakness of this car, besides the tranny issues. The cooling system doesn't have enough air flow and it is apparently uneven between the two sides of the engine.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: