How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Registered SVX
Power light flashing

Ok, just had engine and tranny from 96 Lsi swapped into 94 Lsi. I havent test driven the car, as it is not registered, but the shop that did the work did. I noticed when I start the car, the green power light flashes like 16 or 17 times. Any idea what it could be, and is it ok to drive it. I dont believe the mechanic who did the swap did any figure 8's with it, but this tranny had no issues when it was in my 96. Codes, suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: Power light flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
Ok, just had engine and tranny from 96 Lsi swapped into 94 Lsi. I havent test driven the car, as it is not registered, but the shop that did the work did. I noticed when I start the car, the green power light flashes like 16 or 17 times. Any idea what it could be, and is it ok to drive it. I dont believe the mechanic who did the swap did any figure 8's with it, but this tranny had no issues when it was in my 96. Codes, suggestions.

Thanks.
Here is a link to the Code Table for SVX. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/14381.bmp
17 shows Injector #4 has a problem, but....
Clear the codes, and check it again. Disconnect the negative battery cable {I get tired of reading that one}.

Ahh, now turn on the ignition to full, and hit the lights. It only takes a few seconds to strip the residual energy in the entire car.
Now the car has to run for a bit, to re-establish the codes, if there are any.
Back to the battery, to reconnect.
You may find that there are none. That would be nice.

Here is the link to the page where that document resides.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?How-To|14264

I get to tag you for this ---> Use the SEARCH button. Nice tag tho, not meant to be hurtful.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Scratch the last post. I don't think ShiuludeSVX read the whole post. 1. It is engine codes for the link and 2. The flashing is simply telling you that there is an active tranny code (or at the very least it needs reset) with the transmission.

What you need to do (and I wouldn't drive it until you do) is go to Earthworms database where the proceedure for checking codes can be found. It is in his sig on a post by him. Follow it and then see what the code is. It is a PITA but not real hard. Just a lot of steps. Then see what the codes are in there. After you know what the codes are, disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes to reset 'em then see if it comes back. You will need to drive it otherwise the code won't come back until you do. At start up after disconnecting the battery it should be a solid power light.

Me seem to think you might have an issue with a possible obd-2 tranny in a non obd-2 car. Might want to do a search on the board to see if there is an issue and or a fix for that.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Yes it is showing a transmission code, see what it is first. There is no need to disconnect the battery to clear the transmission code as you will lose all the other Presets. Just pull the No.11 fuse under the dash for 1 minuet. It is marked AT.

There should be no difference between the two model transmissions, to cause a code.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.