Old 04-26-2008, 04:22 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
You can have your pennies back, imo.
I'm not a big fan of the Origami School of Car Design, what can I say??

Even owners of XT6s in the past have admitted it's a love/hate shape. I'm firmly in the latter camp. Colours nailed to the mast and all that.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I am just a sucker for hard lines and edges and get a kick out of people calling my cars spaceships. Most of the time my passengers get past the ugly after a few feet of driving and utter a slight "whoa" for one reason or another.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: lambo doors???

Anyway...I swear some people on this site are so negative and scared of doing any sort of modifying or customizing to their cars for fear of being considered a "ricer"

I for one like lambo doors on the SVX I think it looks really good with them, just because a ricer puts exhaust on his car or a fiber glass or carbon fiber hood does that mean you aren't going to do it to your car? Or how about putting racing seats or some sort or lighter seat in your svx to kill some weight? You know ricers put them in their cars too.

Just because ricers put lambo hinges on their cars that look ridiculous with them, doesn't mean you can't put them on a car that actually looks like it was made for them, and fits it's exotic italian look that mr gigaro gave it.

But go ahead be a cynic and hate another modification. Why not let the rest of us enjoy it, and talk about how much we like it. Why piss on our parade?

there's my 2 cents....
Old 11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Found a lost SVX

I think you should make your SVX look as messed up and spacey as possible, its just its legacy in my opinion!

I don't like "lambo" doors on the SVX. They work well with the styling of the car but there is something better!

Dihedral Synchro-Helix Door Actuation!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what I want on mine.

http://fast-autos.net/data/images/4530.jpg

Here's what Koenigsegg says about their Koenigsegg CC doors: A geared rotational pivot operates simultaneously with a parallel arm, in an outward arc. Balanced by gas struts the doors lift easily to allow entry, their refined "flying punch" movement setting the stage. The doors require minimal area around them and above the vehicle, giving complete freedom of access to the car in confined areas.

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post

Gotta get me one of those!

Two! One for Sunday!

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Registered SVX

I like the lambo/ gull wing doors. I would consider something like that on mine if there was an way to still get the rubber seal to still seal. also when driving at about 100kph my mate was saying in there lambo doored honduh the doors wobble an bit or flex etc. thats what put me off the idea
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
I think you should make your SVX look as messed up and spacey as possible, its just its legacy in my opinion!

I don't like "lambo" doors on the SVX. They work well with the styling of the car but there is something better!

http://fast-autos.net/data/images/4530.jpg

Here's what Koenigsegg says about their Koenigsegg CC doors: A geared rotational pivot operates simultaneously with a parallel arm, in an outward arc. Balanced by gas struts the doors lift easily to allow entry, their refined "flying punch" movement setting the stage. The doors require minimal area around them and above the vehicle, giving complete freedom of access to the car in confined areas.

lol. A little too weird for me
Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to svxman07

anyone whos done lambo doors wanna tell me where they got their hinges from? i bought a set of hinges from the hoffman group and they were supposedly a universal kit but the weighed more than the door n stuck out a foot past the fenderwell and i never got my money back from them, anyone wanna help get me a set of hinges proven to work would be great thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 AM

Registered SVX

i'm worried that the weight of the door will bend and warp the hinge
Old 02-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Lambo doors... Raptor doors... scissor doors. Koenigsegg doors... gullwing doors.

Variations on a theme.

How about doors that get totally out of the way. The DISAPPEARING (actually retractable) car door. Wouldn't work with our cars, but cool.

and many advantages over traditional doors in real-life situations see the FAQ's HERE

Even looks impressive when installed on a VETTE

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 02-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

I'm not a fan of the vertical doors, they've been way over done IMO. But that disappearing door would actually be really convenient. I'd love to have a daily driver with those someday.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Yeah, because I want greasy, grimy, dirty-snow, water-logged, and torn up door cards from going under the car, not to mention scraping the door skin on uneven ground.

Gullwing is pretty darn good, Butterfly (McLaren F1, SLR, and MC4-12C) are better on not hitting your head, and reaching from the seat, but slightly wider clearance. But they have to be designed into the car.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Yeah, because I want greasy, grimy, dirty-snow, water-logged, and torn up door cards from going under the car, not to mention scraping the door skin on uneven ground.
None of this happens as there is a new enclosed belly pan that is installed that the door retracts into to protect it. It doesn't slide down under the car, but rather into it. Stock ground clearance is always maintained.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 02-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
The video clearly shows the door going into an enclosed belly pan under the car as well as a number of circumstances where it would be very useful.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 02-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

Like I've said before many times I like the lambo doors and want to eventually do them on my svx. My budy had them on his hyundai and they went out and up not really a hard thing to do easy to get in etc