Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Local Subaru Clubs...

Does anyone else actively participate in a local club? I know on Long Island we have a big subie community and there's basically a meet to attend any day of the week in different spots on long island. I'm just curious if anyone else around here hangs out with any other local subaru forums as often or even just regularly....

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
I'm part of the National Capital Subaru Club. We have meetings the first Wednesday of every month, a bunch of poeple go for lunch every Friday, and there are fall/spring cruises. We also have a very active bunch of motorsports junkies, for Auto-X in the summer, Snow-X in the winter, lapping, TSD rallies....lots of stuff.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
A bunch of us from Syracuse were filling in a thread on NASIOC with 50 posts a day about racing, mods, dinner meets, and all the assorted stuff otherwise, so we put together <CNY Subies> so we could keep it all straight. The forum gets quiet over the winter, but it picks up nicely when autocross season starts!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Turbone Send a message via AIM to Turbone Send a message via Yahoo to Turbone Send a message via Skype™ to Turbone
Registered SVX
Subicru, with chapters in Oregon and Washington.
Pretty small right now, but growing. But being small is nice, get to know folks on a somewhat personal level and can have impromptu meets at homes where we can do installs and mods.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
J. Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbone View Post
Subicru, with chapters in Oregon and Washington.
Pretty small right now, but growing. But being small is nice, get to know folks on a somewhat personal level and can have impromptu meets at homes where we can do installs and mods.

This seems similar to how our club started. We still do install meets and house parties too though. More so in the summer for obvious reasons but there are a bunch of people on there that do installs in the winter too..

LISC member #50
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I AM the local Subaru Club

Like Subarus are rare around me....I probably own as many as there are in the rest of the county

I wish I had some Local Subie buddies.....everyone is at least a couple hours away...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 AM
J. Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post

Like Subarus are rare around me....I probably own as many as there are in the rest of the county

I wish I had some Local Subie buddies.....everyone is at least a couple hours away...
You can come hang out with us... we're only a few hours away... well... sorta...
I think it's great to have a local crew and judging by the few replies i guess perhaps there aren't overwhelming numbers of these in the subie community. I know of a few clubs in the surrounding area catering to more of just the "tuning" scene as opposed to a specific car. Long Island is a great area for car enthusiasts though because I can probably name a bunch of other clubs that exist in the area, like the lexus club, bmw club, mustang club, i think there's a scion club....

LISC member #50
Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post

Same... And trust me, there are no shortages of Subaru's up here in the NE! I'm trying to get the NE section of this forum active enough to form a spin off local club (sshh don't tell them my master plan yet!!), kind of like NWSVX.

The problem is that we have a ton of people who use them for just thier AWD transportation - be it leggy's or WRXs'. Then we have the ricer boyz, who have their WRX's or sometimes just Impreza's.

So the demographics of subaru owners are so different that trying to make a SUBARU club, rather than a regional SVX club, is next to impossible.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSVX View Post
You can come hang out with us... we're only a few hours away... well... sorta...
I think it's great to have a local crew and judging by the few replies i guess perhaps there aren't overwhelming numbers of these in the subie community. I know of a few clubs in the surrounding area catering to more of just the "tuning" scene as opposed to a specific car. Long Island is a great area for car enthusiasts though because I can probably name a bunch of other clubs that exist in the area, like the lexus club, bmw club, mustang club, i think there's a scion club....
Or...when you guys are bored, you can just do a group drive down HERE
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
I'm part of the South Central Subaru Club (SC^2). We meet once a month at a Red Robin in Carlisle, PA.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
I'm part of the South Central Subaru Club (SC^2). We meet once a month at a Red Robin in Carlisle, PA.
OK. So, I hate to bring this up, but SC^2 would actually be "SCC", because the exponent precedes the evaluating of S "times" C.

You'd need (SC)^2. And even then, it would be SSSCCSCC, due to the way you apply exponents to expressions in parenthesis, if memory serves correctly, because it would be (SC)(SC), which means you take S times S and C, then C times S and C.

Yay math?

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
No real groups down here. I do hang out with the Nasioc TXIC guys alittle, but mostly us SVXer's stick together and have our own meets and random B.S.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Not crap around here I kinda wish there was. I mean there is probably Impreza owners around here who meet but they are Imperza only

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
OK. So, I hate to bring this up, but SC^2 would actually be "SCC", because the exponent precedes the evaluating of S "times" C.

You'd need (SC)^2. And even then, it would be SSSCCSCC, due to the way you apply exponents to expressions in parenthesis, if memory serves correctly, because it would be (SC)(SC), which means you take S times S and C, then C times S and C.

Yay math?

Hmmm...Almost I think. (SC)^2, or (SC)(SC), would give: S^2+2SC+C^2, based on the FOIL operation of polynomial multiplication.

It's been a while since I did that stuff though.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post

Yay math?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Hmmm...Almost I think. (SC)^2, or (SC)(SC), would give: S^2+2SC+C^2, based on the FOIL operation of polynomial multiplication.

It's been a while since I did that stuff though.
I'm a math major. I know how to do binomial expansion. However, (SC)*2 is just kind of lame. Sorry, I know I'm betraying my math roots by allowing it, but for the sake of short logos, the ^2 will have to do.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi