Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 11-22-2007, 07:25 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Perrin Crank Pulley order for $99 New England guys and gals.

Okay so I'm ordering some Perrin crank pullies with in this coming week. Was gonna last night but started watching stuff and ordering other things. Any who I'm already ordering 3 at the moment. Two for my self and 1 for a friend. As I posted up there they are only $99 and direct from Perrin. Yes there is a reason it's around $30-40 cheaper than you'd normally see. They have visual defects. Nothing functinal just visual. What does that mean? Well just that the Anadized coating didn't come out right or it got a scratch in the face or something else that was not "visually appealing". Just thought I'd post up see if anyone else wanted to order with me save on shipping. That's why unless you want to make the drive I really only wanted New England peeps.
Here's the link to them on their site. http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...cy?category=38
And as they put it "But who cares when it is spinning at 6000 RPM!"
So I got 3 to order who else wants in. If I don't see anyone chime in before next Tuesday I'll be ordering that night when I get home form work.
Oh and if anyone wants anything else from Perrin check around see if there's anything you want.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 11-23-2007, 11:13 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Bump! Bump it up!
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 11-25-2007, 02:12 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Okay guys sorry to anyone who reads this after and wanted one. I wound up ordering a bit earlier than I said I would. Bit of a rush to get these actually here so I can drool over their slightly imperfect beauty....
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 12-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Do these fit the SVX? Meaning are the STi/WRX the same as the SVX's?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:40 AM

The same

Just as Huck replied on the other post - these fit our cars; I have one. I ran the Motorsport underdriven pulley for a couple of years and switched to the Perrin after getting a great deal on one on ebay. Huck installed it when he did my t-belt. Great pulley. AT $99 new, that's a great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Do these fit the SVX? Meaning are the STi/WRX the same as the SVX's?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Cool thanks!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
"not the H-6"

Um, did you read the site? It says it fits "all subaru models 1993+ (not the H-6)"
Does yours fit ok Seraphinwolf?
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
Um, did you read the site? It says it fits "all subaru models 1993+ (not the H-6)"
Does yours fit ok Seraphinwolf?

It's talking about the EZ30, which is a Chain driven cam motor, not a belt driven cam motor, so the front crank pulley is completely different....

The EG33 in the SVX is the same as the EJ series motors....
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
ok, I gunna buy, hope you not wrong...
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
they are not wrong....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post
It's talking about the EZ30, which is a Chain driven cam motor, not a belt driven cam motor, so the front crank pulley is completely different....

The EG33 in the SVX is the same as the EJ series motors....
Umm... the EZ is only chained on the cams. It fits the EZ's also. Subaru has made all the engines from 92-this point that use the same crank pulley. I just got my pulleys in last night and have no idea how soon I'll be putting them on. I'll be getting the Impreza back next week(brakes will finally be done then) and I'm not sure if I want to do the timing belt on the SVX when I do the pulley(rolled over 85k last Friday morning). Most likely the third I ordered for my friend will be the first one put on. The best part is I went over them last night when I got home from work. The "visual defect" is small scratches in the coating with only a slight carry through into the actual aluminum. Less that paper thin deep. No worries at all! Oh and yes I am sure it will fit the EZ. That's what's going into the Impreza after I save up for it. Anywho. If anyone else wants an order I can do the ordering, or order for your self. Youc an order dirrect from them and you don't even have to sign up as a vendor or have a minimum costed order like some companies.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: