Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Now that we have all explored the ins and outs of ethanol at various concentrations, could we get back to the initial thrust of the thread. The Chip. What, when and how much?
+1 for getting the thread back on track... more info about the chip, less about E85.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
yes the stage 3 has larger injectors... Is LAN going to write software to use them outside of stage 3... No

Tom
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
yes the stage 3 has larger injectors... Is LAN going to write software to use them outside of stage 3... No

Tom

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Maniac modifier

trust me... the stock injectors will flow enough... If they don't. Run on gasoline thats all I think I am done posting for the evening to all a good night

Tom
Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I would like to hijack this thread back from the hijackers to return to the original thrust. Thank you. If we don't return to talking about the chip, I'm going to explode this vest full of dynamite that I'm wearing.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
I'm going to explode this vest full of dynamite that I'm wearing.
I hope you have a permit for that.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
to answer your previous questions if i remember them correctly.

Price:
Stage 2v6 is the same price Stage 2v5 was. Of course since there are now owners of previous versions of the stage 2 software with z32 maf meters I added a much cheaper upgrade option for those of you who fit into that category. For previous stage 2 owners the upgrade is $129. Before anyone who doesn't fit into that category tries being slick let me say when I say stage 2 owners I actually mean purchasers. To get the $129 price you have to be listed in our records as a stage 2 purchaser.

How do you get it:
order from our website. Wait a few days though. We aren't shipping it till our prototype tester verifies the e85 code is working correctly. I'll post in here when he does.

Quote:
I would like to hijack this thread back from the hijackers to return to the original thrust. Thank you. If we don't return to talking about the chip, I'm going to explode this vest full of dynamite that I'm wearing.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:37 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
to answer your previous questions if i remember them correctly.

Price:
Stage 2v6 is the same price Stage 2v5 was. Of course since there are now owners of previous versions of the stage 2 software with z32 maf meters I added a much cheaper upgrade option for those of you who fit into that category. For previous stage 2 owners the upgrade is $129. Before anyone who doesn't fit into that category tries being slick let me say when I say stage 2 owners I actually mean purchasers. To get the $129 price you have to be listed in our records as a stage 2 purchaser.

How do you get it:
order from our website. Wait a few days though. We aren't shipping it till our prototype tester verifies the e85 code is working correctly. I'll post in here when he does.
Yay! I'm more than likely going to get it. Esp. if it will fix the 6mt stall issue.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
Uh, y'all are absolutely wrong regarding E85. Vehicles that are rated to use it have vast differences. Ethanol is highly corrosive and more than a few rubber hoses are required. The metallurgy of the entire engine is different.

The 'gasohol' of the '70s and '80s was never supposed to exceed 3-7%, yet many distributors kept adding more until they began receiving complaints. Then they backed it down a point or two but even that was still enough to cause problems. Usually they ended up around 9-11%. That was enough to eat the zinc from carburetors, turning them into junk. Carbs were made from base metal with zinc which filled the pores. Ethanol/methanol attacked the zinc and made the carbs porous.

Now imagine what 85% ethanol is going to do to pistons, camshafts, etc. Hoses will be the least of your problems.

Plus doesn't ethanol have a lower BTU per gallon than gas so don't you need more of it in the chamber to simply equal the same power as a normal gas engine? I know it has a higher octane rating but that really doesn't mean much if it doesn't create as much bang.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Gest24:

Do you have a stall issue? If so, there is a temporary fix, until you get your new chip. Basically pull the air lines out of the cold start air valve, and put a manual air valve on it. Young Tom made that mod on mine, and I haven't had a stall since. Occasionally, I get a fast idle, but it soon goes away, and it is much less obnoxious than a stall at the wrong time.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 09-04-2006, 08:30 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Gest24:

Do you have a stall issue? If so, there is a temporary fix, until you get your new chip. Basically pull the air lines out of the cold start air valve, and put a manual air valve on it. Young Tom made that mod on mine, and I haven't had a stall since. Occasionally, I get a fast idle, but it soon goes away, and it is much less obnoxious than a stall at the wrong time.
Yeah, Tom and I hooked that up before he left. I even "tamper seal" on the valve so I can see if it slips.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Just some dude.

By that logic you could barely make any power with nitromethane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Plus doesn't ethanol have a lower BTU per gallon than gas so don't you need more of it in the chamber to simply equal the same power as a normal gas engine? I know it has a higher octane rating but that really doesn't mean much if it doesn't create as much bang.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Mike, if we buy the upgrade chip do we have to send back our old chip to you? Curious since its my first time doing something like this.

Edit: Just ordered mine, lol.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..

Last edited by gest24; 09-04-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Just some dude.

No. I'd rather you not go selling your 2v5 but if you do oh well. It's that persons loss. They will eventually want 2v6 and their purchase from you won't earn them any discount towards it.

Thanks for the order. Now if we can just get guinea pig to hurry up with his guinea pig thing we can ship it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Mike, if we buy the upgrade chip do we have to send back our old chip to you? Curious since its my first time doing something like this.

Edit: Just ordered mine, lol.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
No. I'd rather you not go selling your 2v5 but if you do oh well. It's that persons loss. They will eventually want 2v6 and their purchase from you won't earn them any discount towards it.

Thanks for the order. Now if we can just get guinea pig to hurry up with his guinea pig thing we can ship it.
I wasn't going to sell it, I was going to keep it in the family and put it in my mom's Pearl. I just need to get a z32 MAF (Or talk her into buying one). It'd be a nice B-day present for her and get me one step closer to making a clone of my pearl.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: