2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 01-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Hater

IBtehreturnofShadowandhismullet

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
IBtehreturnofShadowandhismullet
Yeah, I have a mullet just like you still live in your mom's basement
Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Yeah, I have a mullet just like you still live in your mom's basement

oh n0s!11!!!11

Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Hitchhikin'

I like these photochops of the Camaro concept:

The first one with the sloping hood looks much more modern to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0601phr_camconcept05_z.jpg (61.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: gif almostthere.gif (87.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg concept_Trans-am.jpg (40.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
The base Camaro will be equipped with the 3.9L V6 making 300hp (that's right the V6 will be making as much power as the current Stang GT). The Mid level car, which enthusiasts hope will carry the name Z28, will pack the LS2 V8 with 400hp. The top model (almost definetly called SS) will carry a slightly detuned LS7 making 480-490hp. GM seemed to be considering going with a supercharged LS2 to make about the same power, but this idea appears to have been abandoned with GM now mass-producing modified oil pans for the LS7.
Lutz talking about the LS7 rings false, IMO. They're not going to have a Camaro w/ more power than the base Corvette at a lower price point. Just won't happen; the Corvette's gotta be the top dog. It just sounds like something he said to spark more interest in the concept car. But I would be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong... Anything to keep the horsepower wars going.

And by the time that they deliver the '09 Camaro, the design will be as bland as the Mustang is now, not to mention being late to the retro party. I doubt retro will still be the hot trend it is right now in 3 years.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The DOD they plan to use on the Camaro concept is gonna be one sunuvab!tch to bypass for performance upgrades. Kiss that easy horsepower goodbye unless you can bypass or eliminate that.

Quote:
The suspension is finally up-to-date, fully independent, and transmissions will be a 4-speed auto on the 6, a five speed auto w/tapshift or a 6-speed Tremec on the V8's.
If they go fully independent and put IRS on it, it better be halfway decent, unlike that half-assed excuse for an IRS on the Mustang Cobras.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Lutz talking about the LS7 rings false, IMO. They're not going to have a Camaro w/ more power than the base Corvette at a lower price point.
Why not? It's already happened numerous times. Remember COPO Camaros? The Turbo GTA? Not to mention the LS1 f-bodies and Corvettes all have the same engine, just with different published power ratings. So who's to say they couldn't drop in an LS7 (in Z06 trim) in the 2008/9 Camaro SS and say it only has 490hp? They have a history of doing exactly that.

Also worthy of note is the fact that GM has published two new part numbers for the LS7 oil pan. One no doubt is for truck applications (Silverado SS, Tahoe SS, ESC-R), but the other is very close in capacity to the Z06 application. Another car is getting an LS7.

Quote:
Just won't happen; the Corvette's gotta be the top dog.
The Corvette still is top dog. You could give the new Camaro SS 550hp and the Z06 would still rip it apart in every performance category. I don't think they mentioned weight anywhere, but there's no way that new Camaro will be under 3600lbs. The Z06 is what? Around 3000lbs? Definetly a huge advantage there.

Quote:
And by the time that they deliver the '09 Camaro, the design will be as bland as the Mustang is now, not to mention being late to the retro party. I doubt retro will still be the hot trend it is right now in 3 years.
Now this could be a good point. Who knows where it will go, I would have thought the whole retro thing would be done long already, but maybe this is going to be the new norm. To add to your point, who knows how much of the design GM may change by it's 08/09 release.

Quote:
Oh yeah, one more thing. The DOD they plan to use on the Camaro concept is gonna be one sunuvab!tch to bypass for performance upgrades. Kiss that easy horsepower goodbye unless you can bypass or eliminate that.
Only in certain situations. I would think FI would be tricky, but a heads and cam change? That should work, assuming the aftermarket adapts and has DoD compatible hardware available. Plus i'm willing to bet that DoD can be disabled through the ECM with OBDII tuning software.

Last edited by Shadow248; 01-14-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Thats right Chike, buy the WRX and pass all the 'maro owners in the snow lol At least Chike can enjoy his car year round hahaha
Old 01-14-2006, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
Thats right Chike, buy the WRX and pass all the 'maro owners in the snow lol At least Chike can enjoy his car year round hahaha
Some of us prefer to have two (or more) cars to enjoy for different seasons. I can enjoy tearin up the streets with my WS6 in the spring and summer, and enjoy playing in the snow, dirt, mud, etc in the fall and winter with my Yukon. The change of seasons brings not only new weather for me to look forwared to, but also new vehicles.

Now there's a refreshing change of perspective for you. Some people are confined to one car by budget or simply by choice, but not everyone has to, or choose to, live that way.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
"I definitely see elements of the '67 Camaro in the concept!"

neg- your thinking of the 69 maro, 67 had wing windows, no gills, and no real performance hood avalible... 69 had no wing windows(nor did 68), it was the only to have those strange gills carved into the side, and they offered many different high performance looking hoods...

the tail lights suck... nothing retro just dumb

the head lights... WTF happened? was it hit entering the show?!?

side profile- nice, actually did a great job on that part...

now, lets rip into the highly over-rated 05 mustang! dont even get me started on that thing and the " Charger ", however I lOVE the challenger
Old 01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Not to mention the LS1 f-bodies and Corvettes all have the same engine, just with different published power ratings. So who's to say they couldn't drop in an LS7 (in Z06 trim) in the 2008/9 Camaro SS and say it only has 490hp?
However, GM didn't sell any LS6 F-Bodies, did they? I can see the LS2 as a shoe-in on the '09 Camaro, but the LS7... We'll see. Either way, they will probably need more than 400 hp by '09, since Dodge's SRT line already fields several cars making 425-hp.

I'd like to see an LS7 Camaro. I'm just not counting on it.

Quote:
The Corvette still is top dog. You could give the new Camaro SS 550hp and the Z06 would still rip it apart in every performance category. I don't think they mentioned weight anywhere, but there's no way that new Camaro will be under 3600lbs. The Z06 is what? Around 3000lbs? Definetly a huge advantage there.
It's been a given that the 'Vette should perform better, but people tend to focus on hp numbers, and would question why the Camaro makes equal or greater power than the 'Vette (hell, there's guys with Hemi trucks and 300Cs, thinking their engine was hand-crafted by God, while forgetting that their chassis is built like a tank and weighs almost as much). And the way I see it, the top Camaro would have to be beaten by the base 'Vette power- or performance-wise. At least, if the top Camaro is still cheaper than the base 'Vette.

Quote:
To add to your point, who knows how much of the design GM may change by it's 08/09 release.
We'll definitely have to wait and see on this. However, the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky came out mostly intact from their concept versions.

Quote:
Only in certain situations. I would think FI would be tricky, but a heads and cam change? That should work, assuming the aftermarket adapts and has DoD compatible hardware available. Plus i'm willing to bet that DoD can be disabled through the ECM with OBDII tuning software.
That's what I'm hoping: that DOD will be easily disabled by software like torque management or CAGS. If GM has half a clue on getting this car to sell, they'll make the car easily modifiable.

Either way, DOD involves an amazing combination of hardware and software to maintain smooth transitions in power, sound, and vibrations between 8-cylinder and 4-cylinder mode. I could see bolt-ons and cams/heads causing drastic changes in this, making the LS2 sound like an 8-6-4 engine. FI seems like it would be even worse, especially w/ a turbo's nonlinear power.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Hater

young Italian men everywhere are awaiting the return of the IROC Camaro!

Old 01-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Hitchhikin'

I'm eating spaghetti as we speak...
Old 01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Hater

Quote:
I'm eating spaghetti as we speak...

don't forget to get sauce stains on your wifebeater.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Hitchhikin'

Where's your hidden camera? I've got a wifebeater on, and no wife to beat for not cleaning up my sauce stains...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: