Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 03:52 PM

My horrible weekend continues...long post (sorry)

So...this is my first time posting a thread. To start off, my weekend sucked. On Saturday morning, after my run, I noticed that someone hit my driver side front bumper more than it already was. Someone did a hit and run into my car about 3 weeks ago, but it wasn't anything too bad and it looks like the same color car did it again. Oh, and the way it is hit, someone had to intentionally go into my car when it is parked in front of my house. So, it gets worse than that. Later that day I had planned on going to visit a friend that attends a different college, UW-Whitewater, which is about 45 minutes from my house. So I drove out there even though my speedometer isn't working, I am getting it fixed this week. Well, the whole way I am behind someone, so I am pretty sure I am doing the speed limit and then right when I get into Whitewater, the car that I was behind makes a turn and now I am all alone hoping that I am going the speed limit. Well, turns out I wasn't. I was driving down a road that I thoght was 55 mph, but it was only 45 mph, and then all of a sudden a sheriff comes up from a hill and I am thinking to myself, Oh crap! I see him turn around and then he pulls me over and tells me I was doing 70 in a 45 mph zone. It didn't feel like 70 though and I could tell he didn't like me right away, so I wasn't even going to try and reason with him. To cut to the chase the ticket is $235 and 6 points off of my license. My insurance is already $122 a month. So now I have to fight it. And it keeps getting worse, today I noticed my tire is leaking a crap load of air and I don't have the money to buy new tires just yet. I have to pay my college tuition first. Oh...and it is exam week at school. So hopefully my week gets better. Oh, but a plus from this weekend is that I met a guy that plays Minor league baseball. But he lives in Myrtle Beach during the baseball season and Jefferson during the off season.
Just thought I would vent to you all!

~amy
Old 10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Wow that really sucks...
I hope your week gets better!!!

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 10-10-2005, 05:02 PM

It just got worse, I just pulled a code from my car and turns out my speed sensor 2 is not working. That is why my speedometer isn't working. Rrrr, and I don't know any good shops to take it to. I don't really trust too many people in WI with my car.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Wow, that really sucks. And, I have my nerve to complain when I have rust. 70 in a 45 though..surprised you didn't lose your license on that one.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-10-2005, 06:56 PM
The name's...

Send a message via AIM to Whoru465
I'd kill to pay $122 a month for insurance As for bad days, I'm with you...check out my "Weirdest Noise" post in Tech Q&A

'92 Pearl LS-L (sans Spoiler) #0993 Mfg. 5/91

"It says here, 'Breakfast any time'...
That's right...
In that case, I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."
Old 10-10-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Wow, that really sucks. And, I have my nerve to complain when I have rust. 70 in a 45 though..surprised you didn't lose your license on that one.
I think the cop made up how fast I was going. I would think my license would be taken away too. I should have asked to see the gun reading.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:17 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

There should be a few good people on our lovley network that live in or near milwaukee...im pretty sure of it. And I'm sure they would love to help you out whenever they can.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
What do you need? Doug has my parts car. You are pretty much welcome to parts

There is no point in fighting the cop with the rader gun. He will sware that it was calibrated and all the crap. Too bad wisconsin use point system.

Move down to Illinois. I'll help you out with insurance.

Oh and if you want to fix it, you can bring it to my shop too. My SVX is going in sometime next week.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
What do you need? Doug has my parts car. You are pretty much welcome to parts

Oh and if you want to fix it, you can bring it to my shop too. My SVX is going in sometime next week.

I am not sure what I need for my car as of yet. I am looking into it and seeing what exactly is broken. Thanks.

~amy~
Old 10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Wink

yep. she's having a budfreak week. i know how you feel believe me. i have sr 22 insurance and it lapsed once and i got pulled over and they took my svx from me cost me 185 to get it from tow yard and another 100 in fines. then got caught doing 53 in 35 only 2 weeks before. you can also check out my post in technical q&a for other fun crap i dealt with last week. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28634

good luck. if you need any help you know where to find us. Jason
Old 10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_girl
It just got worse, I just pulled a code from my car and turns out my speed sensor 2 is not working. That is why my speedometer isn't working. Rrrr, and I don't know any good shops to take it to. I don't really trust too many people in WI with my car.

I'm hoping it's just the speed sensor and not the plastic gear it runs off of. That little part cost me literally a grand. They have to pull the tranny to replace it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 10-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Lose her license for 25 over???
They don't do anything for 39 over other than try to give you "points" which for me, don't really work if you have a non "points" license.
(speaking from experience)

ALWAYS ask to see the radar gun. First of all theres no reason not to, second of all if you're thinking "oh they might give me a break if i'm nice" usually they make it clear right away whether they're going to bring it down or not.
I'm not sure what the laws are regarding a working speedo, however i'm sure if you had mentioned it to him, it might have helped.

however now that its after the fact... 3 things... DO NOT just "admit responsibility" or "plead guilty" When I got my last ticket (91 in a 70) I wasn't able to go to court, so I wrote a 1 page letter stating basically hey, i'm a student, my car is extremely capable (used facts of trucks versus my car), situation, and what i wanted... it was dropped from a 4 pt to a 2 pt, and the fine was lowered as well. ended up as an 85 in a 70.

If you want to get really tricky, I can give you a list of what you can "demand" as far as evidence goes before the court date. actually GO to the court and have a as much information as you can find as far as your case, WI law, and random other papers... talk to the prosecutor ahead of time and see if you can work a deal out with them... Usually they get intimidated by people who are actually prepared and then offer pretty decent deals. If you don't "get a deal" from the prosecutor, you can still then plead "guilty with an explanation" and end up getting some points taken of the ticket.

If at all possible, try to get a "driving school" or "court supervision" depending on how many prior tickets you have, they may let the whole thing go for 8 hours of your time listening to how dangerous everything on the road is.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Last edited by drivemusicnow; 10-11-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
Lose her license for 25 over???

(speaking from experience)

ALWAYS ask to see the radar gun. First of all theres no reason not to, second of all if you're thinking "oh they might give me a break if i'm nice" usually they make it clear right away whether they're going to bring it down or not.
I'm not sure what the laws are regarding a working speedo, however i'm sure if you had mentioned it to him, it might have helped.

however now that its after the fact... 3 things... DO NOT just "admit responsibility" or "plead guilty" When I got my last ticket (91 in a 70) I wasn't able to go to court, so I wrote a 1 page letter stating basically hey, i'm a student, my car is extremely capable (used facts of trucks versus my car), situation, and what i wanted... it was dropped from a 4 pt to a 2 pt, and the fine was lowered as well. ended up as an 85 in a 70.

If you want to get really tricky, I can give you a list of what you can "demand" as far as evidence goes before the court date. actually GO to the court and have a as much information as you can find as far as your case, WI law, and random other papers... talk to the prosecutor ahead of time and see if you can work a deal out with them... Usually they get intimidated by people who are actually prepared and then offer pretty decent deals. If you don't "get a deal" from the prosecutor, you can still then plead "guilty with an explanation" and end up getting some points taken of the ticket.

If at all possible, try to get a "driving school" or "court supervision" depending on how many prior tickets you have, they may let the whole thing go for 8 hours of your time listening to how dangerous everything on the road is.
Yeah, I told him about my speedo not working and he told me that it is illegal to be driving in WI with an broken speedo (in different wording of cours). He said that the ticket was going to be more because of that and it would be more points because of that. Then I lied and said that it just happened on my way to Whitewater, and he told me that I should have pulled over and called a tow truck. This officer did not like me at all. I am not sure why, he was a guy and I am a fairly decent looking girl...I just should've batted my eyes and flirted with him, but pretty sure he was just a grumpy mean mean officer. I wasn't snotty at him at all until he started being mean to me, then my attitude came out. I was actually thinking about gathering data and stuff about my speedo and other things to bring to court. I have a friend in Whitewater that is pre law major, maybe he can help me too. But, yeah, if you can help me out with what I should bring, that would be really helpful.
I have never received a speeding ticket since I have been driving, which has been 6 years. I did have my license suspended because I didn't pay a ticket that I got for following too closely. And then I was caught driving with a suspended license, but that was back when I was 17. I am 22 now so I don't know if that will hurt me at all. Errr...I'm so frustrated with this stupid ticket and my speedo not working. Thanks for all your help.

~amy
Old 10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Yeah, I told him about my speedo not working and he told me that it is illegal to be driving in WI with an broken speedo (in different wording of cours). He said that the ticket was going to be more because of that and it would be more points because of that. Then I lied and said that it just happened on my way to Whitewater, and he told me that I should have pulled over and called a tow truck. This officer did not like me at all. I am not sure why, he was a guy and I am a fairly decent looking girl...I just should've batted my eyes and flirted with him, but pretty sure he was just a grumpy mean mean officer. I wasn't snotty at him at all until he started being mean to me, then my attitude came out. I was actually thinking about gathering data and stuff about my speedo and other things to bring to court. I have a friend in Whitewater that is pre law major, maybe he can help me too. But, yeah, if you can help me out with what I should bring, that would be really helpful.
I have never received a speeding ticket since I have been driving, which has been 6 years. I did have my license suspended because I didn't pay a ticket that I got for following too closely. And then I was caught driving with a suspended license, but that was back when I was 17. I am 22 now so I don't know if that will hurt me at all. Errr...I'm so frustrated with this stupid ticket and my speedo not working. Thanks for all your help.

~amy
Amy,
I actually live pretty close and would be willing to help with mechanical stuff as well. I'm actually going up to milwaukee with some friends this weekend... I'm at work right now, but tonight I'll PM you after I do a bit of research on WI laws. as far as they are concerned, you have a clean record, so you should be able to do a class or something else...

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
Quote:
This officer did not like me at all. I am not sure why, he was a guy and I am a fairly decent looking girl...I just should've batted my eyes and flirted with him, ~amy

ttiwop (you and the car)