Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
because there is no bolt up solution to the 5mt pedals for an svx. No car has the same pedal mounting points as the SVX, at least not the mt pedals

Tom
Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So far the best combo that I know of is the WRX clutch/brake pedal with the SVX gas pedal. You could bolt it in as/is but you would lose some rigidity without some modification.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
because there is no bolt up solution to the 5mt pedals for an svx. No car has the same pedal mounting points as the SVX, at least not the mt pedals

Tom
Dude, you don't have to MAKE the pedals.... You are thinking too complex.... Grab a set of WRX pedals (Easy to find for pretty cheap too...)... Throw them up in there... I don't have my car near at the moment or I would tell you exactly where to put them... But it isn't hard man... Just do the Hydro clutch setup with WRX Parts and you can't go wrong... It is rather easy...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
So far the best combo that I know of is the WRX clutch/brake pedal with the SVX gas pedal. You could bolt it in as/is but you would lose some rigidity without some modification.
I'm using all three from a WRX

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Dude, you don't have to MAKE the pedals.... You are thinking too complex.... Grab a set of WRX pedals (Easy to find for pretty cheap too...)... Throw them up in there... I don't have my car near at the moment or I would tell you exactly where to put them... But it isn't hard man... Just do the Hydro clutch setup with WRX Parts and you can't go wrong... It is rather easy...
I spotted a wrecked WRX off the road in a junkyard yesterday. When I get some time I will stop by and see if they will part with the pedals. When I do decide to get a new trans I will prboly go w/ the forester trans Chike suggested with 4.11' making me unstopable(until i blow it up)

Thnx for the info guys

TOm
Old 04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
I'm using all three from a WRX
The WRX gas pedal will not just bolt in. I did take the pad/plate? from the wrx gas pedal to put on the SVX gas pedal.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
The WRX gas pedal will not just bolt in. I did take the pad/plate? from the wrx gas pedal to put on the SVX gas pedal.
I know it won't just bolt in... But still, I am using all three

Old 04-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Meow!

Old 04-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Hey dave, Do you think if I sent and assembly to you, you could retrofit it for an SVX? I mean, I don't wanna have to take my current assembly out of the car as it is my daily driver so I would like the new assembly ready to go when i get a new trans. Let me know what you think?

TOm
Old 04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Meow!

I sacrificed my SVX brake pedal on mine but I suppose it isn't necessary. A flat plate could be welded to the end of the WRX assembly and holes drilled to match the svx mounts.

I don't think I would want to take on a conversion because the only way to work on the pedals is by testing them in YOUR car. You also have to modify the firewall slightly for the clutch master cylinder to bolt up properly.

If your car was here it would be no problem.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Maniac modifier

ok, so making the pedal assembly fit is not that hard? thats good news i thought there was chopping and welding to be done and it would take hours. If it is a simple place and tack and then pull and weld, I can do it easily. What is this modification the firewall, is it just the hole that is needed to be drilled or something more? I have seen a pic of the hole in the firewall but i never really looked into it.

Tom
Old 04-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Meow!

The hole is the one the wires for the 4EAT went through. You have to enlarge it and drill a hole for the pedals. See the attached pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM002365.jpg (50.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Superbeast

Hay Tom I could probly fit up a set in my parts car, seems there is a bit of welding and stuff that would be a lot better to do in a parts car. Hmmm. when did yuo want it by?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Well Jesse that would be fantabulous. Um... are you going to pick the assembly up or do i need to send you one? I'd probobly need it by mid-summer as I am in no rush. I plan on picking up the stage 2 saftware after I am out of school in 2 weeks. This way I can blow up my current transmission in style. Then I would do a conversion from cable to hydro w/ a forester trans w/ 4.11 gears. Having the pedals on hand would be primo for when I would do the swap. BTW how much would you want for a set of pedals? I couldn't ask you to do this without some sort of reimbursement. Well just let me know. Also, would you be able to bring the parts for a X-member down for the Atco meet in June? I am quickly becomming a custom of yours

Tom
Old 05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Well Jesse that would be fantabulous. Um... are you going to pick the assembly up or do i need to send you one? I'd probobly need it by mid-summer as I am in no rush. I plan on picking up the stage 2 saftware after I am out of school in 2 weeks. This way I can blow up my current transmission in style. Then I would do a conversion from cable to hydro w/ a forester trans w/ 4.11 gears. Having the pedals on hand would be primo for when I would do the swap. BTW how much would you want for a set of pedals? I couldn't ask you to do this without some sort of reimbursement. Well just let me know. Also, would you be able to bring the parts for a X-member down for the Atco meet in June? I am quickly becomming a custom of yours

Tom

Lemme know how much you can find a set of pedals for and I'll let you know if I'll just get them for you. I know a guy parting out a WRX so I can probly get a good price on a set, plus you wouldn't need to send them to me.

Yeah, should be able to get the X-member parts gathered for you for the meet.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!