Old 01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Ciscokid

P-a-t-r-i-o-t-s

Anyone catch the game....

Landshark??

Shadow248??

Bueller??

I have one word for you: Dynasty

Props to the Eagles....nice game, you will be a worthy adversary. Hopefully you Eagles fans have some respect for a great team, I am sure we will be talking you guys up all week

Feb 6 it is in Jacksonville!!!

Last edited by Ciscokid; 01-23-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Scott

Took alot of skill for our quarterback to throw to the other team. Pats didn't need skill for that game.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Re: P-a-t-r-i-o-t-s

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciscokid

Landshark??

Shadow248??

Bueller??

Props to the Eagles....nice game, you will be a worthy adversary. Hopefully you Eagles fans have some respect for a great team, I am sure we will be talking you guys up all week

Feb 6 it is in Jacksonville!!!
Congradulations man! Im as happy as you are...only im a diehard Eagles fan. Should be a great game between the two best coaching staffs...players...and greatest fans. Andy Reid and Bill Belichick are great coaches and definitley deserve to be at this point. Bill Belichick is a mastermind....great coach.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Why would the Steeler's defense show up late to such an important game?

41 points scored against the number one defense in the NFL...Patriots fans should be on their knees thanking whoever they thank when miracles happen.

Oh and praying...cause they're going to need all the help they can get when they line up against McNabb, Owens, and Westbrook.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Now, I certinly don't claim to be an expert on football (hell, I don't even get to watch as much as I like anymore), but here is my take on last night.

If the Hambergler hadn't so generously handed the ball to the Pats defense three times, the Pats would not have let the Steelers walk down the field for their last TD only to run out the clock, and by my calculations the Pats still would have won.

Now, me thinks the only reason Eagles fans are making excuses for the Steelers is, well, your scared. And who can blame you. You wanted to play a team you had a chance against. But hey, in the name of good sportsmanship, come the morning of Feb. 7, I'll send you all a box of tissues.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
Now, I certinly don't claim to be an expert on football (hell, I don't even get to watch as much as I like anymore), but here is my take on last night.

If the Hambergler hadn't so generously handed the ball to the Pats defense three times, the Pats would not have let the Steelers walk down the field for their last TD only to run out the clock, and by my calculations the Pats still would have won.

Now, me thinks the only reason Eagles fans are making excuses for the Steelers is, well, your scared. And who can blame you. You wanted to play a team you had a chance against. But hey, in the name of good sportsmanship, come the morning of Feb. 7, I'll send you all a box of tissues.
The Pats would have beat the Steelers either way. And , um the Eagles dont have a chance against the patriots? hahahahaha......right........Look what happened when everyone said " oh TO is out for the year your never gonna make the Super Bowl. Now were NFC champs

Old 01-24-2005, 08:17 AM
Hater

Re: P-a-t-r-i-o-t-s

Quote:

Landshark??

Shadow248??

Bueller??

i am still in a state of confusion and anger. WTF is wrong with teh Stillers? oh well, go Eagles!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-24-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Now, I certinly don't claim to be an expert on football...
We knew this...you are, after all, a Patriots fan.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Darksied-X
So you're saying the first time they played, the Patriots LET the Steelers win?

Damn, why didn't you break the news to us about this BEFORE the game, that way we would not have been so disallusioned as to think that Pitt would win again?!

Quote:
Now, me thinks the only reason Eagles fans are making excuses for the Steelers is, well, your scared.
Why would any Eagle's player, or fan thereof, be scared of a team that got beat by Miami (who, by the way, finished the season 4-12), and just barely beat Cincinatti (8-8). New England can blow a game just as badly as anyone.

But seriously...explain to me how a pass defense that didn't even make the top ten for the year is going to hold off one of the strongest pass offenses (ranked 3rd) in the history of the NFL?

That is the problem the Patriots now face. Without TO, Philly walked all over Minnesota and Atlanta (both having much better secondaries than NE), now with TO in the mix...it's not hard to see how this game will go.

On top of that...don't expect Dillon's up-the-middle running style to have any positive effect in this game...if you want to succeed running against Philly, you must go to the outside...something that Dillon has shown he's less-than-adept at.

Quote:
And who can blame you. You wanted to play a team you had a chance against.
...and we got exactly that. Pittsburgh had everything it needed to beat Philly. New England needs to make alot of changes to come out on top.

Quote:
But hey, in the name of good sportsmanship, come the morning of Feb. 7, I'll send you all a box of tissues.
Wow...that's original...i remember SOMEONE ELSE said something like that a few weeks ago...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Blah blah...lots of stuff I haven't had the chance to pay attention to this season due to other priorities...

...more blah blah...
No, seriously, I'm really not a football expert. Hell, I can't even remember the last time the Eagles won a Super Bowl.

Look, what all you Eagles fans can't seem to understand is that this game goes way beyond any players on your team, and even beyond the NE Dynasty. It's fate. It's the season of the NE championship double feature, the Sox and the Pats. And no matter how big and bad TO is, he's going to get slapped silly by fate, along with the rest of his team.

I think the dude on NASIOC said it best. Why are all of you Eagles fans so excited they're going to the Super Bowl? That just means even bigger disappointment for all of you.

All good-natured ribbing aside, from what I saw yesterday, we should be looking forward to one hell of a football games in 2 weeks. A good luck to all you Eagles fans...your gonna need it.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Ciscokid

But seriously...explain to me how a pass defense that didn't even make the top ten for the year is going to hold off one of the strongest pass offenses (ranked 3rd) in the history of the NFL?

*** You can't possibly think that Philly has a better passing game than the Colts, do you?? Where are the 3 1,000 yard receivers who each caught 10 or more TDs??

On top of that...don't expect Dillon's up-the-middle running style to have any positive effect in this game...if you want to succeed running against Philly, you must go to the outside...something that Dillon has shown he's less-than-adept at.

***He ran for one touchdown yesterday: a 25 yard run outside of the right tackle and we still have Kevin Faulk who can run outside.

Face it, Pitt just lost to a better team. Like ABC quoted Belichick as saying: "We have no R.E.Ws here" Pitt has some great players, no doubt about it, but the Pats have a better team.

Philly is also a great great team, but so was Indy and so were the Steelers, what most people seem to miss is that SO ARE THE PATRIOTS. The Pats win because they respect their opponents, so when you talk about the loss to Miami, if you had watched that game you would have seen the lack of respect for Miami, and that's why Miami won. I think that made the Pats that much better, because even if they had beat the Dolphins, they would still have been the #2 seed, so I think the loss was a positive thing.

Soobiesvx93...glad to see a football fan giving props, and you are right. Andy Reid is an awesome coach, much like Billy B. Hopefully Belichick can find the chink in the Eagles armor with 2 weeks prep time. He found it in the Steelers...they were weak against the deep ball and we beat them a few times that way.

and by the way, REWs are: Ride the bus, eat and watch the game (better known as bench warmers).
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 PM

Quote:

Soobiesvx93...glad to see a football fan giving props, and you are right. Andy Reid is an awesome coach, much like Billy B. Hopefully Belichick can find the chink in the Eagles armor with 2 weeks prep time. He found it in the Steelers...they were weak against the deep ball and we beat them a few times that way.

Yeah I give props when its due. Ive always respected the patriots and what they have accomplished. I love Bill B's schemes and tricks....thats my style of coaching....i coach basketball....a team of players 17 and up and im only 20 myself. I run alot of schemes and tricks too....thats also why i like andy reid alot. This isnt gonna be a cake walk of a game either....and this is what ive heard from Pats fans alllll dayyy long " omg were going to crush you...we havent won 2 out of the last 3 years for nothing" blah blah blah. Thats a great thing to have accomplished and not many teams have done so but the Eagles are not one of the usual cinderella teams you see in the super bowl. The Eagles have a great personality and have great character. Not to mention they all have tremendous heart and their loose and very confident. I for one have never seen an Eagles team so together and so unified before. Should be a great game on Feb 6th....good luck pats fans

Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 PM

One more thing.....dont you all get so annoyed about band wagon fans? People that only like your team because their in the super bowl.....people who know nothing about the players or the history of the franchise. God it makes me sick. Lotta people here jump on the band wagon because they have no teams of their own. Makes every die hard fan i know so angry including myself.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Look, what all you Eagles fans can't seem to understand is that this game goes way beyond any players on your team, and even beyond the NE Dynasty. It's fate. It's the season of the NE championship double feature, the Sox and the Pats. And no matter how big and bad TO is, he's going to get slapped silly by fate, along with the rest of his team.
Actually FATE is what's working against you. The Patriots need no more super bowl wins...they've got some. Fate will give the win to the team that has worked their asses off and gotten screwed in the past.

Quote:
*** You can't possibly think that Philly has a better passing game than the Colts, do you?? Where are the 3 1,000 yard receivers who each caught 10 or more TDs??
You're forgetting that Philly hasn't blown it when it really counts this year. Which is what makes them better than the Colts.

Quote:
***He ran for one touchdown yesterday: a 25 yard run outside of the right tackle and we still have Kevin Faulk ho can run outside.
One touchdown.

One?

Hang on a minute while I laugh hysterically.

Ok i'm done now.

You're going to need alot more than one rushing touchdown to keep up with Donovan's passing attack. The Pat's won't get it done in the air...their only shot is on the ground against Philly.

Quote:
Philly is also a great great team, but so was Indy and so were the Steelers, what most people seem to miss is that SO ARE THE PATRIOTS. The Pats win because they respect their opponents, so when you talk about the loss to Miami, if you had watched that game you would have seen the lack of respect for Miami, and that's why Miami won. I think that made the Pats that much better, because even if they had beat the Dolphins, they would still have been the #2 seed, so I think the loss was a positive thing.
Justify the loss however you want. The point is - they lost to a team they should have walked on. Speaking of respect...the Eagles have blown way too many easy games in their past...they know better than anyone to respect ANYONE who shares the field with them. This is one of the big reasons for their consistency in the past seasons.

And finally...quite possibly the biggest indicator that NE is going down...is that once again, a coworker of mine bet (against my boss) a case of beer on New England to win this year. This is a bad omen because he bets a case of beer on a team every year, and he has lost that case of beer every year for the last 16 years.

So, as you were saying, it IS fate.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
One more thing.....dont you all get so annoyed about band wagon fans? People that only like your team because their in the super bowl.....people who know nothing about the players or the history of the franchise. God it makes me sick. Lotta people here jump on the band wagon because they have no teams of their own. Makes every die hard fan i know so angry including myself.
I have always been a die hard fan of whatever team is kicking the Buffalo Bill's ass that day. I guess I am a die hard hater.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 PM

Why does the immortal one not like the bills of buffalo?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: