Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-05-2004, 01:52 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Post Message for Silverspear and others like him...

Hey, I held strong belief in the ride you have, or a definite possibility to say the most and a couple others shares that as well.

It is just, this is the internet. For a greater portion for us, at least people from western countries we look at the advantages of the internet as not only a tool for worldwide communication, but to also have that ability with anonymity. With the advantages of that also come many consequences. One example is saying anything you want usually without the thought of someone physically hurting you, and the ability to post anything you want without backing it up. The worst you usually get is banned from the forum or chatroom, or possibly even service you are on. This is even more possible and consequence free with the fact that most mediums on the internet you can sign up for free of charge. There have been plenty of examples of this in forums and chatrooms, at least western based (or culturally based ones).

So do not be surprised to face a wall of criticism and disbelief when posting about something you have. It is simply a cynical reflex mechanism against any potential people who do indeed take advantage of the anonymity the internet has to offer. And I do not mean from a particular experience on this forum but ones from other they have went on in their lifetime as well.

I know there is a barrier on the internet with few eastern people posting and chatting on western message boards and chatrooms, not to mention even fewer westerns doing the same for eastern. I do not know how Middle Eastern web users behave in all of this.

"Why can't we be friends."
Old 11-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Message for Silverspear and others like him...

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
Hey, I held strong belief in the ride you have, or a definite possibility to say the most and a couple others shares that as well.

It is just, this is the internet. For a greater portion for us, at least people from western countries we look at the advantages of the internet as not only a tool for worldwide communication, but to also have that ability with anonymity. With the advantages of that also come many consequences. One example is saying anything you want usually without the thought of someone physically hurting you, and the ability to post anything you want without backing it up. The worst you usually get is banned from the forum or chatroom, or possibly even service you are on. This is even more possible and consequence free with the fact that most mediums on the internet you can sign up for free of charge. There have been plenty of examples of this in forums and chatrooms, at least western based (or culturally based ones).

So do not be surprised to face a wall of criticism and disbelief when posting about something you have. It is simply a cynical reflex mechanism against any potential people who do indeed take advantage of the anonymity the internet has to offer. And I do not mean from a particular experience on this forum but ones from other they have went on in their lifetime as well.

I know there is a barrier on the internet with few eastern people posting and chatting on western message boards and chatrooms, not to mention even fewer westerns doing the same for eastern. I do not know how Middle Eastern web users behave in all of this.

"Why can't we be friends."

Pls first of all, I don't think this is a matter of eastern and western people, but a matter of accomplishment, helping one another and performing stuff deemed impossible in the past.. well with the part where "Why can't we be friends." [/B][/QUOTE] , I am trying to resolve the issue as more like "Why can't we be a family." [/B][/QUOTE] . I do not say that i want to break the ones who hurt me before, i noted the apologies, they are in the past now. What i want from the members is a commitment that such an act won't happen again !!! not for me but to all members especially new comers!!!

It's like a family hug... i am not getting sentimental about it, but what i want is everybody to get along without a bit of a doubt possible !!

I am not trying to be racist or the like in any kind, if you go back to my quotes you will see that I counted till 1000 until I started replying the same way as other members are doing. now pls show good faith by replying to the Oath.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:41 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Seriously

I posted this before I read your recent post on being more of a family and posted it off of the assumption of your post on your introduction thread on leaving for good.

The main reason for creating this thread and saying most of what I have stated on here is because there is no doubt and/or cynicism without reason. The first couple of paragraphs, in fact the whole meaning of that post is to clarify the overall reason behind people's doubts to what you initially said about your SVX. The western and eastern part was just a bunch of contemplating and random dribble coming from the after affects of brainstorming this topic.

You have to realize that true perfect family (since even virtually all families have their moments) like internet communities are hard if not impossible to obtain. This doubt and cynicism will eventually show its reason, if not purpose, in case if some new user does indeed come on saying the SVX outright sucks, a particular user sucks, an outright lie or any other topic of anger, misinformation and more negative values. This can also apply to any current users here as well.

Let us display our sentimental values through the topics we post or chat about on IRC and the replies in turn on a daily basis. Even though IRC chats do not occur so much daily.

Seriously folks, I am registered to a forum which is meant to discuss philosophical such as sentimental values or morality among other things.

Btw, I have to go to sleep now and will be away later today (in Eastern Standard time) until late Saturday or Sunday so do not be surprised with me not responding until then.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:53 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Seriously

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
I posted this before I read your recent post on being more of a family and posted it off of the assumption of your post on your introduction thread on leaving for good.

The main reason for creating this thread and saying most of what I have stated on here is because there is no doubt and/or cynicism without reason. The first couple of paragraphs, in fact the whole meaning of that post is to clarify the overall reason behind people's doubts to what you initially said about your SVX. The western and eastern part was just a bunch of contemplating and random dribble coming from the after affects of brainstorming this topic.

You have to realize that true perfect family (since even virtually all families have their moments) like internet communities are hard if not impossible to obtain. This doubt and cynicism will eventually show its reason, if not purpose, in case if some new user does indeed come on saying the SVX outright sucks, a particular user sucks, an outright lie or any other topic of anger, misinformation and more negative values. This can also apply to any current users here as well.

Let us display our sentimental values through the topics we post or chat about on IRC and the replies in turn on a daily basis. Even though IRC chats do not occur so much daily.

Seriously folks, I am registered to a forum which is meant to discuss philosophical such as sentimental values or morality among other things.

Btw, I have to go to sleep now and will be away later today (in Eastern Standard time) until late Saturday or Sunday so do not be surprised with me not responding until then.
why guys can't you just IGNORE the guy you are angry with or not believing!!! just ignore him and keep the threads related to the SVX's MODIFICATION!!! JUST IGNORE !!! Do not reply back until evidence is presented !! U guys aver there do occasional group meetings, didn't you become the SVX family yet ???

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:56 AM
no limitation as limitation

some times it takes some time to adjust to a new sibling.

amitabha my friend. i assure you that the comments against you were to provoke you to 'prove us wrong' rather than to hurt you. sometimes comments of jest dont convey into text. their are almost 3000 people on this forum. the people in your thread are a minority and do not represent the overall views of this forum. you are an asset to us for taking the steps for external custimization very few have done this. i believe other than dayle one other has made clone body mods from the prototype.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
some times it takes some time to adjust to a new sibling.

amitabha my friend. i assure you that the comments against you were to provoke you to 'prove us wrong' rather than to hurt you. sometimes comments of jest dont convey into text. their are almost 3000 people on this forum. the people in your thread are a minority and do not represent the overall views of this forum. you are an asset to us for taking the steps for external custimization very few have done this. i believe other than dayle one other has made clone body mods from the prototype.
thank you dear friend, you are a true gentleman, I want to say that I have been watching this website for almost 3 years, in the first year I grabbed some ideas which one of them was that this car needs a complete plastic surgery (or fiberglass) , so i made a little budget for it and started in the second year the bodywork in my own. through trial and error I managed to complete the beast you are seeing today. it's a complete fiberglass kit from the front grill and bumper, skirts, rear bumper, and the one no one has seen is the customized rear licence plate area... I also managed to get the original struts to a local craftsman, and believe me even though they are oil based, the feel is like HARD GAS Shocks!!! real hard that you feel like in a WRC car., so on so forth... and this year I decided to register on this website maybe i can get other few ideas and contribute to some for others...

Old 11-05-2004, 06:33 AM
BoondockSVX

K. Look, I'm not going to dispute the fact that you were treated rudely. HOWEVER, you were claiming to have something that nobody has EVER SEEN BEFORE EVER. Nobody has EVER seen a bodykit like that on an SVX. You also posted very 'questionable' information about how to get a 6 spd, and questionable information about engine modifications. That said, it's natural and in my opinion, acceptable for others to have their opinion that you were full of crap. HOWEVER, even with that opinion, they could have been more polite, and just posted something like "Well, I'll wait for the pics" instead of being rude.

>shrug<

Hope you can understand where they are coming from, at the very least. Keep in mind we've had to deal with stories of twin turbo SVXs for years, etc.

- Jim
Old 11-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
K. Look, I'm not going to dispute the fact that you were treated rudely. HOWEVER, you were claiming to have something that nobody has EVER SEEN BEFORE EVER. Nobody has EVER seen a bodykit like that on an SVX. You also posted very 'questionable' information about how to get a 6 spd, and questionable information about engine modifications. That said, it's natural and in my opinion, acceptable for others to have their opinion that you were full of crap. HOWEVER, even with that opinion, they could have been more polite, and just posted something like "Well, I'll wait for the pics" instead of being rude.

>shrug<

Hope you can understand where they are coming from, at the very least. Keep in mind we've had to deal with stories of twin turbo SVXs for years, etc.

- Jim
let us put this event behind us and all go and claim our acceptance in the OATH thread.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:46 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

How about we move the f*** on? I think this whole issue is taking up entirley too much time and space on the forum. Not to mention this thread is in every forum we have here. Get over it people.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 11-05-2004, 11:25 AM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear

let us put this event behind us and all go and claim our acceptance in the OATH thread.
I'm not going to take your oath. This forum has had quite a bit of BS posted in it, and honestly I don't think it's a good idea if we're to always 'respect everyone's posts' with no regard to how true they might be. We have a terms of service here, and they're good enough. Like I said, you were treated rudely. HOWEVER, you also posted something that nobody has ever seen before to an audience of people who are constantly getting a stream of BS in regards to the SVX. It's fine that some of them questioned you or doubted you, but it's NOT okay that they were so rude.

Anyway, have a good one.

- Jim
Old 11-05-2004, 11:34 AM

cant we all just get along ...lol

post pictures their worth a 1000 words!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:55 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Talking You didn't read his threads that much did you

You realize his avatar is his car, and if you go on to "next generation svx" topic he has more.

Sorry folks, I guess I am leaving at a later time than I initially thought. I might be even seeing a nice black SVX on the way.

Silverspear, you can even create a "locker" on the this website to post pictures of your ride, just like svxcess, since thats what he is now, for example: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?museumquality . I do not know how to do that though but there are plenty of people on this site who do and would be happy to oblige on setting one up for you.

Last edited by Weebitob; 11-05-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX

I'm not going to take your oath. This forum has had quite a bit of BS posted in it, and honestly I don't think it's a good idea if we're to always 'respect everyone's posts' with no regard to how true they might be. We have a terms of service here, and they're good enough. Like I said, you were treated rudely. HOWEVER, you also posted something that nobody has ever seen before to an audience of people who are constantly getting a stream of BS in regards to the SVX. It's fine that some of them questioned you or doubted you, but it's NOT okay that they were so rude.

Anyway, have a good one.

- Jim
It's about time somebody became the new and imporved BS detector!

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 11-05-2004, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin

It's about time somebody became the new and imporved BS detector!

mark don't get him started, he might change back into the person we knew not too long ago

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.

Last edited by SHISVX; 11-05-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Yeha, I think Rob used to be the official BS detector....

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: