Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
My last auto-x

So I ran my SVX at the local Auto-X on Sept 18, 19. (I needed a reason to test out my new suspension)

Considering this was my only event of the year I think I did not too bad.

Results from the 18th: HERE

Results from the 19th: HERE

Note that when I registered they did not list the SVX in their list of cars to choose from so I chose the closest thing I could find (XT).
Old 10-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Superbeast

Dude! Good job! Your times were rite around mid pack of the member list. Not bad at all.

Who was the brave soul trying to auto-x a Malibu Maxx?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:36 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Nice job. How did the car handle in the corners? Oversteer/understeer? Good front wheel bite when exiting corners?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
David,
Nice job! Get some R compound tires and your times will drop around 2 seconds!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-05-2004, 10:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
David,
Nice job! Get some R compound tires and your times will drop around 2 seconds!
-Bill
Attend more events and you'll drop another 2.

Good job, David. I've only ridden in an SVX around an autocross course - I've never driven mine in an event. I was surprised at how well the SVX can hustle around the tighter stuff. It feels much more nimble than its weight would suggest.

My friend runs his Impulse RS in GS. I'm tempted to take the SVX to just one event and see how I can compare to his times. What convinces me that it's not worth it is that my friend runs his car on race tires and I would be on all seasons. :P

Maybe I'll get some decent summer tires next year and just do one.

Right now I'm working on replacing the Justy with something a little faster. A very small car, but you might say the opposite end of the handling spectrum.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Dude! Good job! Your times were rite around mid pack of the member list. Not bad at all.

Who was the brave soul trying to auto-x a Malibu Maxx?
Thanks. As for the MAXX, it was kind of funny to watch. He was smooth but not very quick. (probably mommy's car)

The car is very neutral...unless I overcook the corner then I just push straight. Coming up to the higher speed corners I can brake and turn with confidence. I can feel the back end hang out ever so slightly and I always feel I am in control.

I thought about R-compounds as someone here was selling a complete set of 245/45-16's but I couldn't justify the expense. Plus I'm not really going there to compete...just to have fun.

I also agree that I will go faster with experience than with tires.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: My last auto-x

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm

Note that when I registered they did not list the SVX in their list of cars to choose from so I chose the closest thing I could find (XT).
That's funny, the SVX is in G stock with the SCCA, the XT and XT6 are NOC (not otherwise classified) which puts them in H. There is a listing for the SVX but not the XT.

Congrats. I also took my SVX as I lost my chance at the H stock title last weekend. Granted, I think I could've pulled a better time in the XT and I broke a strut mount (just relaced the struts too and everything looked fine in there) but as Hocrest will attest to IT WAS A BLAST TO squeal my way around the course. I'd say I would need to get more used to the power if I wanted to compete with the dominating Mini's in G stock though.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: My last auto-x

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
That's funny, the SVX is in G stock with the SCCA, the XT and XT6 are NOC (not otherwise classified) which puts them in H. There is a listing for the SVX but not the XT.
David's in Canada.
Quote:
Congrats. I also took my SVX as I lost my chance at the H stock title last weekend. Granted, I think I could've pulled a better time in the XT and I broke a strut mount (just relaced the struts too and everything looked fine in there) but as Hocrest will attest to IT WAS A BLAST TO squeal my way around the course. I'd say I would need to get more used to the power if I wanted to compete with the dominating Mini's in G stock though.
The Mini is classed all wrong. I know H-Stock is a catch-all class and it was always going to have a big range of performance, but the Mini has no business being in H-Stock. Maybe it makes more sense in bigger clubs, I don't know. But with the Justy I'm very close to the other H-Stock cars that show up - until a Mini arrives, and then I know I'm hosed.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Great job David. Those new Konis seem to be doing their job well. No more bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!!!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-06-2004, 03:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: My last auto-x

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

The Mini is classed all wrong. I know H-Stock is a catch-all class and it was always going to have a big range of performance, but the Mini has no business being in H-Stock. Maybe it makes more sense in bigger clubs, I don't know. But with the Justy I'm very close to the other H-Stock cars that show up - until a Mini arrives, and then I know I'm hosed.
Yeah I know Dave's in Canada. I just think its funny that they listed an XT and here they don't (which is why I run the 6. Its the largest non american 6 in H stock ).

Yeah its sucks but rumor has it the Mini S is moving up a class next year so hopefully so will the standard Mini. Maybe next Reading you should bring your Justy for a little Autoxing fun.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Meow!

Re: Re: Re: My last auto-x

SVX starts in G stock but I don't know where it would be with my mods. I know it will be an SP class but not sure which one.

We have no mention of the XT in our list:

CNAC Classes
Old 10-06-2004, 04:00 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: My last auto-x

Quote:
Maybe next Reading you should bring your Justy for a little Autoxing fun.
I'm actually trying to replace the Justy. I'll have news today, so stay tuned.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My last auto-x

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I'm actually trying to replace the Justy. I'll have news today, so stay tuned.
Gen 1 LegacyTurbo is also a H stock!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: