Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-01-2004, 07:15 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

?????????????Why did it get Closed???????

OK I wanna know why my MAC thread got closed.... Was it an attempt to stop a battle from starting before it started??? There was nothing negative in that thread, so why close it??? I had not had a problem with anything in a while, but what's going on now???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
It was going downhill fast. I hid all the posts that were evidence of that.

It was getting pretty bad. I had left it open originally, but even after I hid the messages, more attack posts were being posted.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Basically, Uncamitski in his wise ways decided to 'turn me off ignore' so he could make the place better by insulting me.

Phast SVX said that he thought it was rude to post such comments (and suggested that Cam should have PMd me), and Uncamitski responded with a fairly harsh "nobody asked for your input' retort, then called Phast 'ignorant'.

Basically, Uncamitski thought it'd be a good idea to insult Phil, insult me, and publicly announce he'd basically be doing so in the future, because he's offended I've stated that I 'detest bull****'.

Whatever. If he wants to be a jerk, I'm going to let him be one.
I don't want to play his games, which are basically attempts to piss me off, bait me, and make me go out of line.

- Rob
Old 04-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
ok... Moderators please observe.

Rob, I tried to send you a reply by PM but you box is full. So here for everyone to see, out in the open, is my olive branch...

I feel that I have (for the most part) had a decent sense of humor about the Stuff going on here. And that would seem to be the difference between us. Right now I'm laughing at the turn this has taken and you are not. I value my membership here too much to jeopardize it by flaming you. I get far to much information about the car that brought me here to take the banter between us too seriously. However, you sending me the picture (not once but three times) with the three teenagers flipping me off is offensive and what I consider a personal attack. If you think that it is intimidating ... you are wrong. Please keep your pictures to yourself.

Rob, I know what my I. Q. is and I know that I've survived 50 years in social situations without getting hit or thrown in jail for my behavior. I think that two people should be able to either resolve or overlook their differences without resorting to name calling and insults. Ignorant does not mean stupid. It means uninformed and can be a very subjective term.

I'm sorry that I put you on ignore for so long, as some people have told me that you have had some very insightful discussions with others here. I hope that we can get past the name-calling and have some discussions that don't deteriorate into name-calling.

On the other note that came up in Chat last night. I have a friend here in SLC that play's Duke with me on line for hours at a time... Perhaps when the new one is released you and I can shoot at each other there to relieve some of this tension. I'll try and copy you the website when I find it tonight.

Well there it is ... my olive branch... but please be careful if you take it... Olive trees have thorns... your choice to take it or to burn it.

Thank you everyone for your time.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 04-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

bad kids...bad...no tv.....go to your rooms
Old 04-01-2004, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
It was going downhill fast. I hid all the posts that were evidence of that.

It was getting pretty bad. I had left it open originally, but even after I hid the messages, more attack posts were being posted.

Doug

Oh... I didn't see them ... oh well, just wondering... I was only courious as to why it got erased and I didn't have any clue as to why... Thanks though

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-01-2004, 01:07 PM

Why does everyone here get so offended?? Common guys... it is not the end of the world if someone says something that you don't like... Tha goes for everyone... Including me... Wait a sec... Can I do that to myself??

Old 04-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Why does everyone here get so offended?? Common guys... it is not the end of the world if someone says something that you don't like... Tha goes for everyone... Including me... Wait a sec... Can I do that to myself??
its as much the offending as the reactions of the offended. Nobody likes to read bickering (OK, Some people do).

Think of the new moderators as substitute teachers. If we don't put forward a strong first impression, we will never get the children to behave.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-01-2004, 01:51 PM

Ok I can understand that... But when ya get back to it.... We will always be "children"... There is always gonna be something said that some don't like... It's never gonna be perfect... If we can just keep it somewhere between a Democratic forum and a Communist forum then I think that we will have reached a happy medium... Not too much control but not too little... After all it is about us having a good time isn't it?? It's just not fun to always have to worry about what we are saying and if we will offend someone... I kinda got off track.... Well I can understand about the other thread now... I just wish that some people out there wouldn't get all offended and cause threads to get closed... That kinda kills the fun for the rest of us...

Message to everyone... Stop taking things so personal!!!... We are suppose to be having fun here... If you see something that you don't like then just ignore it!!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Ok I can understand that... But when ya get back to it.... We will always be "children"... There is always gonna be something said that some don't like... It's never gonna be perfect... If we can just keep it somewhere between a Democratic forum and a Communist forum then I think that we will have reached a happy medium... Not too much control but not too little... After all it is about us having a good time isn't it?? It's just not fun to always have to worry about what we are saying and if we will offend someone... I kinda got off track.... Well I can understand about the other thread now... I just wish that some people out there wouldn't get all offended and cause threads to get closed... That kinda kills the fun for the rest of us...

Message to everyone... Stop taking things so personal!!!... We are suppose to be having fun here... If you see something that you don't like then just ignore it!!!!
oh yeah? you sure? noob noob noob noob boob boob boob boob...

had enough?

go back to nasioc sucker
Old 04-01-2004, 02:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Ok I can understand that... But when ya get back to it.... We will always be "children"... There is always gonna be something said that some don't like... It's never gonna be perfect... If we can just keep it somewhere between a Democratic forum and a Communist forum then I think that we will have reached a happy medium... Not too much control but not too little...
Well, that's our challenge. But our challenge is also to provide an inviting community for new members and an enviroment they feel comfortable in. Offensive comments or pointless bickering doesn't acheive that goal.

Rest assured that, before we take action, we typically talk to other moderators about it unless we've set a clear precedent for the issue at hand.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Pockets.... what the **** is your new avatar?!

PS: I'm not getting into fights anymore. I'm a pacifist now, I even hugged a dirty hippie today!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:52 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Pockets.... what the **** is your new avatar?!

PS: I'm not getting into fights anymore. I'm a pacifist now, I even hugged a dirty hippie today!
Scary, that's what it is! I hug a dirty hippie everyday Rob, sometimes I'll even admit he's my father (j/k)

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 04-02-2004, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Well, that's our challenge. But our challenge is also to provide an inviting community for new members and an enviroment they feel comfortable in. Offensive comments or pointless bickering doesn't acheive that goal.

Rest assured that, before we take action, we typically talk to other moderators about it unless we've set a clear precedent for the issue at hand.
That's cool... I know you guys have talked to me before about it, and I understand where ya are trying to take the network... I just think that it will take some time for it to happen... and that one of the main things that everyone can do is try to not take things personal....

My $0.02

Old 04-02-2004, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

Scary, that's what it is! I hug a dirty hippie everyday Rob, sometimes I'll even admit he's my father (j/k)
that's my boy steve. be good ok?

Harry(Steve's daddy, the dirty hippy.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: