How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 PM

I have a good job

Tomorrow I am going on a job interview. Not to another place, just potentially moving to work as an aide to my current boss' boss. Unfortunately no additional money is involved - oh well.

As a result I've been thinking about my job & place of employment. While I like to complain every chance I get, the job is actually a very good one with good compensation....should count my blessings more often.

Anyway, I put a couple of scans from photos of what we do at work in my personal locker. I think they're pretty neat if you want to take a look. To save your time if not interested, I made my avatar from a reduced size of one of the pics.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?lee
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Cool. My uncle is one of the head engineers at Raytheon, looks like you guys would get along quite well.

- Rob
Old 03-08-2004, 10:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I know what you mean, Lee. I have a really good job, too, and I try not to forget that when I start to complain. After you've been in a certain job for awhile, no matter how cool it is you'll lose perspective sometimes.

For me, I lose perspective at 3AM on a Sunday night and I regain it once the product is shipped and in the stores.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-08-2004, 10:34 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I used to have a pretty high paying job with absolutely nothing to do that I get bored most of the time. Now I have a different type of job. It's not as high as what I was getting but I actually enjoy doing it. I am currently migrating computers. You don't get to see a lot of people but you have the freedom of doing what you want to get it done.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

I have a high paying job, but it's really boring. probably similiar to what lwin's currently doing and what he was doing. hopefully in a few years i'll have enough money so that i can retire and then find something to do that i will enjoy. if not i'll quit anyway and go into something totally different than what i'm doing now. i think a change is in order every 10 years. must experience as much as i can before i die.

i think the next thing i'm going to look into is research. grabbing some biochem books from emory bookstore and polishing up what i used to know a little about .

lee, that looks like a fun job. i love playing with stuff that may go bang .
Old 03-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I've done a ton of Database work. I am looking at my old jobs now and doing network/OS work now. I really want to do home/office interior design and/or automotive interior design one day
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-08-2004, 03:37 PM

amen brother lwin .

i've done alot of database work. i also have done lots of networking/OS work.

is it just me or are you getting burned out as well. i know that you're around my age and such, but i've been doing this since i was 18. i'm getting really tired of it. want to do something new....

i'm hoping to attain financial independence between the years of 31-35. then i can do what i want to do without worry about what i'll be doing at 70 .
Old 03-08-2004, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
...snip...
lee, that looks like a fun job. i love playing with stuff that may go bang .
One does go bang every once in a while, but we try never to do that - the Titan launch picture represents about $2 billion of taxpayer money - and no, the billion is NOT a typo.

The Navy launch picture shows one that did have to go bang, I think you might agree it was just the tinest bit out of what we think of as a normal trajectory.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lee

One does go bang every once in a while, but we try never to do that - the Titan launch picture represents about $2 billion of taxpayer money - and no, the billion is NOT a typo.

The Navy launch picture shows one that did have to go bang, I think you might agree it was just the tinest bit out of what we think of as a normal trajectory.
Oh I was referring to the missle.

I know you guys try never to make it go bang while on a mission , however things do go bang all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't expended parts fall to the earth after they have served their purpose? When it hits the ocean, well you're right, it's not bang, maybe boom, better yet...SPLASH! I like watching those falling objects, navy launched missles going bang, and WRC vehicles flying off the road.

I knew it wasn't a typo . FYI - That Titan IV is the best 10 bucks I've ever spent!

I would like to thanks Chemical Systems Division United Technologies Corp., Lockheed Martin Astronautics, Boeing Aerospace, and Alliant Techsystems for their fine, fine work!
Old 03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Scott

Looks like an easy job. Not like it's rocket science or oh... wait... guess it is. Nevermind.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Looks like an easy job. Not like it's rocket science or oh... wait... guess it is. Nevermind.
lmao
Old 03-09-2004, 02:30 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
To quote "Bowling For Columbine"

"I work at Wal-Mart and I make no money"

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 03-09-2004, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I moved from the Nuclear Treaty monitoring/Intel community to the launch range in 1991. I naively thought the space business would be "rocket science". Boy was I ever surprised - it was like moving back two generations in technology. We still use some technology essentially unchanged that's 5 decades old. We are just getting started in use of the GPS system for timing and location even tho we launched the things. Our own US Government (for which I work) has sold off radio spectrum so that the new generation cell phones interfere with radar beacons on the launch vehicle and we're so stuck in a quagmire that nothing is being done about it from either direction...The frequency used to send a destruct signal for errant rockets was given up to the Mexican Government...I could go on, but for now, whenever somebody says "rocket science" I think the most scientifically challenged on the forum could proudly stand up and say, "that old stuff, piece of cake"
Old 03-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Scott

5...4...3.... Can you hear me now?....2....1....good.