IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
LOL back to wasting more bandwith space on a neon .

rob never sease to amaze me.
Think of it this way Solar....

Let's say a lot of the SVX peeps here keep saying DSMs are slow pieces of ****. How would you respond? You and I both know that Lasers/Eclipses/Talons are a great platform to modify, and when modified, have INSANE performance potentials. So you say that. But then some littering person says "oh its just a SHME-clipse" for her response. Wouldn't you get annoyed at that?

- Rob
Old 08-28-2003, 10:42 AM

pitty party for Rob...on three...one two three

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:21 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Now hold up guys... Rob does have a point... and usually I would be all about just getting into an arguement over this with him... But I am trying to grow out of that phase that I went through back when I was a newer member to the forums... Rob, I understand what you are trying to say about the neons and their performance potential... But you have to think about this.. The reason why they have that performance potential is because there are lots of them out there... There are enough people that have them for the performance manufacturers to start building parts for them... Too bad that it isn't that way for the SVX right??? Other wise we might have some SVX's running circles around 300ZX's and Supras... We are just outta the performance picture since we own SVX's... I di agree with ya on the face that the Neon is a pretty reliable car... I drove one with 178,000 miles on it and it still went like a shower of ****... So that's alright about it... But Just in my oppinion, I didn't like the way that it drove... Not quite like a WRX... I mean as far as handeling goes... Then again it is about 10,000 cheaper... So over all if you are looking for a little car to get you around in, it wouldn't be bad... Conclusion--- The Neon really isn't a bad car, but there are alot of people out there that just don't like them... Alot of those people just happen to be members on this board, including me... But if it makes ya feel better, I pick on my friend who has a Ford Focus that is Superdharged and will run with a WRX in the quarter mile... I still give him **** because I don't like it... I call the car a Ford Fucus... Because if you get in a wreck in one you are F**ked... Ya know what I mean... So just do yourself a favor and back down from this one Rob, you'll never win the conflict here... On the SVX boards the Neon will always be considered a POS... That's just how it, only a matter of oppinion... Just don't sweat it man...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

And that type of post is perfectly cool with me. But when people call them 'unreliable' and 'slow', etc, they're just plain wrong. People just can't seem to admit that a neon may in fact be a better performance platform than the SVX. I love my SVX, and I SOLD my neon for it. But thats because I wanted something 'different', I wanted a grand tourer, something with a great interior, lots of options, and an exclusitivity. The SVX is all of these things. And I agree with you on the aftermarket/numerous car thingie. Frankly, I'm kinda GLAD there isn't a huge aftermarket for our cars, that way we never see bodykit'd ugly ricey SVXs with supra wings and 19" bling wheels with 5000watt stereos and clear taillights.

- Rob
Old 08-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
pitty party for Rob...on three...one two three

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Yes, definitely very classy.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Yes, definitely very classy.
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: doh

hey rob, you got me all wrong.

'Knocking on them?' ---> in regards to the Kelli's 'assrape' response & the 'peon'

(I think it's funny, but then again I find quite a few little things funny.)

You are the last man standing. Not that this is bad or anything, it's just a fact for the Neon posts. I mean I welcome anyone to join Rob's defense to the Neon posts. Poor Rob won't be the last one standing anymore if someone else would join him. I think he's getting lonely .

Have you seen me saying anything about Neons? Nope, you know why? Cause I don't care about them. But, I do find it amusing how easily it is to get a rise out of you and then you start pounding away on your keyboard trying to prove something that's not really that important in my opinion (oh wait, it's my opinion doh.... forgot you don't care about my opinions) .

Now as for the littering, if I didn't litter (which I'll do more of in your neighborhood), you wouldn't have a job now would you? I'm giving you meaning to your life. Think of all the little ants that you saved by picking up that paper napkin from micky-d's. Doesn't it make you feel better that you have made a difference in this world by putting that napkin into the garbage can? You are helping your fellow sanitation co-workers keep their job by having baskets of gar'bage for them to bury. YOU ARE THE MAN ROB!!!!!

Keep up the good work.....we need good people like yourself .

ROB FOR PRESIDENT, you got my vote!!!!!!!

umm...no offense rob, here's something for you to do

<Harry shamelessly goes over to Rob's house and dumps all the garbage that Rob's been collecting at the park onto the green grass near the white picket fence.>

Last edited by Noir; 08-28-2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:52 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Not cool

Littering is definately very not cool but neither is fighting over stupid and trivial things (like in Iraq for example )
I just stated that I saw 2 cars and I thought it was interesting, THE END.

P.S. Rob, I have seen an SVX with a Supra Wing in pics, the front lip spoilers or different bumpers could be concidered a body kit, someone just asked about 19s, and I'm sure the German (Russian?) guy that put 3 speakers in each door and the 12" (?) subs in the back has close to 5000 watts. The only thing missing are altezzas, which someone has photoshopped on. Luckily for us I have never seen an SVX with all of the above, or even two of the above.

P.P.S. I thought comparing Rob to a neon was witty

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
And that type of post is perfectly cool with me. But when people call them 'unreliable' and 'slow', etc, they're just plain wrong. People just can't seem to admit that a neon may in fact be a better performance platform than the SVX. I love my SVX, and I SOLD my neon for it. But thats because I wanted something 'different', I wanted a grand tourer, something with a great interior, lots of options, and an exclusitivity. The SVX is all of these things. And I agree with you on the aftermarket/numerous car thingie. Frankly, I'm kinda GLAD there isn't a huge aftermarket for our cars, that way we never see bodykit'd ugly ricey SVXs with supra wings and 19" bling wheels with 5000watt stereos and clear taillights.

- Rob
Neons aren't so slow. agreed.
Neons are a good performance platform. agreed.
Neons are most likely faster in a straight line in good weather than an SVX. agreed.
Dodge's are reliable, well-built cars. this is hard to say without almost laughing!
People on Subaru SVX message forums are extremely fascinated by Dodge Neons and enjoy being educated about them at every opportunity. i'll let you think about this one.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I never said well built, I said reliable. The thing was a freaking rattle trap. Imagine driving a snap on van filled with tools down a gravel road. That's what its like driving a neon. The interior blows. Hence the reason why my next neon will have NO interior. :P

- Rob
Old 08-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: woohoo

woohoo..rob you are no longer the last man standing you're army has grown to 3 .

i hope you didn't get offended . i was just horsing around, trying to be funny . you are welcome to poke fun at me whenever you like, i'm up for it .

jeez...guess some people take this pretty seriously. oh well. not everyone is as laid back i guess.

cheers!
Old 08-28-2003, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
ok fine I'll join in.

I was a previous Dodge owner. I owned a 96 Stratus. The car was Great. had the ES with the 2.5L V-6 power everything, keyless entry, ect. I got it used with 15K miles on it. When I gave it up it had 130K on it, and was still running strong. Anyone who was at the MD Crab Meet knows I dont baby my cars. I drive 'm like I stole 'm. The only problem I had after getting it was an exhaust leak that was a quick warranty repair. The exhaust pipe has a section of flex tubing to allow for engine torque and thats what stated to leak. If you look at the price of a car and the quality, yoou have to remember it's cheaper for a reason. And theres a reason the SVX sold for over $30,000 verses a $15,000 Neon. The SVX is got more quality built into it. Your getting what you pay for. My Stratus was 23,000 new. Hence I had a good high quality car that had good power, handled great(possibly better than my SVX), and was extremly reliable. I almost forgot safe. I wrecked the thing 3 times and it kept on going(after some minor body work). I use to be a Chevy fan growing up. I have since become a Dodge fan. Most of my family has owned Chevy's, and I had far better look with Dodge, both my car and dealing with dealers. As for Subaru, my SVX is my first, and truthfully the only subby I like. I'm not fond of any of there others. Im still trying to figure out if the Forester is an SUV of a hightop station wagon.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:02 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

ha. There we go now. Anyway, the problem with dodge is fit and finish, rattles, and supposedly (if you get an automatic) they have trans problems. The SVX also has trans problems, but its SUPERBLY BUILT. The fit and finish of the SVX is fantastic, and I don't even know if you can get a car with comparable fit/finish for under 5 grand. The SVX is pretty much the only Subie I'd ever own... the WRX/STi is cool, but a bit too boy racerish for me. I do admit I'm starting to get a soft spot for the Justy and XT though.

- Rob

PS: Actually, I really like the older Legacy GTs also.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Everyone has their opinion, and that is the problem with this never-ending argument.

Rob - your mission in life does not have to be to single handedly make the neon as classy as a Ferrari. Every car maker has their Econoboxes and they all have problems. Even the untouchable Civic. Which, incidentally, I hate as much as the neon. Anyway, you will never change the world's perspective, so relax.

It is my experience that chrysler products are of sub-standard quality. I know of NO post 1990 chrysler products that have made it over 100,000 miles without major problems. Certainly there are some, but I haven't seen any. Nor has my dad (former mechanic) or any of his friends. All the mechanics (read: knowledgeable) people I know say stay away from Chryslers. So that's what I do. My entire family buys only GM and all are very happy with the product. Of course this is all experienced based opinion, and that doesn't make it a rule, but if every brand A apple you ever saw was bad, you'd probably stay away from brand A wouldn't you?
Old 08-29-2003, 08:08 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

On the discussion of Chrysler being reliable or not... The Jeep that I had (Now my friend has) was a little 2 door Cherokee 2.5ltr 4 banger... That engine put up with so much of my **** and now is putting up with my buddues ****... In just over a year we both have put over 60,000 miles on it.... I've actually driven it about 3 times more than my SVX... The only things that I had to do to it was change the oil every 3,000 miles and change the spark plugs and belts... It gave me awesome reliability and if I had to ever buy another American car I would buy a Jeep... And only a Jeep... I hate Chevy's, Ford's and everything else American.... Only because they are made so cheaply... But when ya think about it Chrysler has alot of forign influence in the company.... It is almost like an overseas anerican company.... In fact I would not be the least bit supprised if you look on the SRT-4's engine and see "Mitsubishi" on the side... They used Mitsubishi engines for the Talon abck in the 90's.... Just something to think about...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...