Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Thumbs up I went to n2k3

WARNING: THIS IS AN OFF TOPIC FORUM, SO I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, HIT YOUR BACK BUTTON AND STFU!

Okay, now that we got that out of the way, I just thought I'd share the last 4 days with you. I went to Neon 2003. MAN! I was only there for 2.5 days but I had a ton of fun! (there were 6 SRT-4s there too!) The first night somebody blew their engine, so we all helped on an all night motor swap! Day two we headed out to Hahn Racecraft; they make turbos for Eclipses, Neons, and Cavaliers. I don't like cavies much, but a new Z24 with the ecotec was running high 12s with just a stage 2, and stock everything else. CRAZY! I also talked about getting an SVX turbo kit made, Hahn does EVERYTHING in house, and was interested into getting into the Subaru Turbo market, and I explained that the SVX basically has NOT ONE TURBO KIT FOR IT, even though it should. I'll be emailing him in a few months about it, right now they're REALLY busy. But yeah! Possible Turbo Kit for hte SVX! HELL YEAH! HEre's a link if you want to snoop around:

http://www.turbosystem.com/

I also won a fuel jug from them, its 5 gallons for race gas but I think I'm going to use it for my scooter. Heh.

We then went to the strip, ROUTE 66. YEAH. IT WAS HUGE. ANd it was FILLED with neons. THere were a TON of them in 14s, probably about 15 in the 13s, and a few in the 12s... pretty impressive. Only one of hte cars was trailered. A friend of mine snapped an axle so we swapped in a new one in the parking lot; it took about 20 minutes or so. heh.

Anyway... at the end of the night... Len Aleya shows up. He races the Hahn Racecraft Turbo neon... only he was driving his STREET car... a 1st generation Neon Coupe. It looked stock. LOOKED. Stock brakes. Stock interior. Stock exterior.

IT RAN AN 11.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

JEZUSSS CHRIST! IT LOOKED SO STOCK TOO! WOWEE! That was cool!

And on friday I headed out to redrock state park in IL for a BBQ, car show. There were a ton of neonites interested in my SVX, so I answered most of their questions about it... a lot of people really liked it, even if it was slow! I also won an award at the car show, even though I didn't enter it: "The Honary Neon Award". Heh.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The SRT4s were badass, the 1st gens were great too, and the 2nd gen 4 doors sucked it up, because they're ugly, heavy, don't handle, and lame.

- Rob

PS: I'll post pics of the fast cars, maybe a vid or two. Pretty impressive.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Superbeast

Sounds like you had a good time in Neon land. Car guys are car guys but just don't know if I could be surrounded by that many Neons and not screem. Anyway how the hell did you win a Neon award in an un entered SVX?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Cuz I'm me. I have a bit of a reputatation over there at neons.org... basically, I get along with everyone, EXCEPT the head admin, Matt Wiggins. He doesn't like me, personally, so he banned me. I came back on popular request, and he banned me again. He's a dick.

Anyway, it was cool, though I have to admit a lot of the neons there were pretty lame, but there were a few that were SOOO sweet.

- Rob
Old 07-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Superbeast

Thats what I thought. I guess anyone on as much of a conquest with the Neon as you should get an award just for being at the show. Didn't you catch a lot of flack for not owning one anymore tho, or did you turn a few over to the SVX side?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Eh. Sorta. I got a few "Hey, who let the Subaru in here!" and stuff like that, but people honestly like that. There are quite a few neon enthusiasts that have their neon as their 'toy' car and a WRX as their daily driver, and it seems that they really aren't all that different... I mean, neon enthusiasts and subie enthusiasts are both 'different', and not your normal 'I want a honda civic/integra type R/ camaro Z28/ Ford F150/ Everyone else has one' crowd.

And as for 'not owning one anymore', well its true, I don't own one right now...but I'm going to get another one. A coupe with a 5spd, and do the 2.4 thang. It'll run 13s, have a mega phatty powerband, and outhandle almost anything. All for a paltry 3 grand. :P

- Rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: