Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarostar

Forgive me for not talking about something that interests you. Since you are a moderator, why don't you just erase all topics that dont appeal to you? Thank you for the cold welcome to the forum, Im afraid that I had expected more. I will not be posting here anymore. Thanks to all who were able to be civil, I will continue to read the forums to see how things are going.
It has nothing to do with something that interests me. It has everything to do with the fact that you are bragging about street racing. If you didn't know, street racing is ILLEGAL, and most importantly, DANGEROUS. If it wasn't the serious problem that it is, Pennsylvania wouldn't mandate the revocation of anyone's license when they are caught racing on a public highway. Every year people are KILLED in street racing mishaps. All I ask is that you keep it in a controlled environment.

I don't like seeing this type of thing on here because it makes the SVX World Network look bad as an organization. I'm pretty passionate about this group, and it troubles me to see the demographic changing as it is.

Mike
Old 06-18-2003, 09:18 PM
alacrity024

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

LMAO!
...i was being serious

i street raced this civic with some stickers on it.. we weren't really racing at first, i just wasn't letting him past me.. then i heard his exhaust note change timbre, so i floored it in first gear and shot off.. i was obviously winning, so i let off and he just came flying up.. i didn't really like the idea of him passing me, so i got back on the gas.. we stayed neck and neck up to about 70mph (this is all on a straight, 25mph speed limit road in the middle of the night) at which point we both started to ease off..

i got tagged by a cop at 40mph.. he pulled me over on main street, and the first thing he said to me was "how much horsepower does this thing make?" to which i replied 'um..... *REALLY weird look*"

he said "i'm not gonna give you a ticket.. how much power does it make?"

so i busted out my encyclopedia-esque SVX knowledge and he was impressed.. he ran my license to make sure i wasn't the unabomber or anything, then let me go on my way

so what did i learn from all this? well.. i'm a really lucky guy.. although i haven't always been so lucky. you'd think i would learn, but i have this odd feeling that i'm still ruled by my hormones..

-adam

(everything above was a complete lie. i don't even drive an svx)
Old 06-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

. If it wasn't the serious problem that it is, Pennsylvania wouldn't mandate the revocation of anyone's license when they are caught racing on a public highway. Every year people are KILLED in street racing mishaps. All I ask is that you keep it in a controlled environment.

Mike

Really? Damn Mike why didn't you warn us about that, um, before we left after dinner? Unless Penn. highways are considered controlled enviroments.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
I lost a friend this past month to a stupid street race. You may think "he must have been a bad driver and crashed his car" right? He was walking on the sidewalk and got taken out by a vette that coudnt turn in time. The drive lived, he did not. Go to a track, im sick of irrepesponsible people, there is a reason why it is illeagal and there is a reason why we do not condone it on the board.
sincerely
phil
Old 06-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Theres a differance between street racing, and just going fast over the speed limit... hey mike, what road did you hit 135... because I would really like a 135mph speed limit sign...
Quote:

I actually got up to about 135 ont he way home from the grocery store friday night... I wanted to see what the rotors could do, so I really braked hard from 135 to about 80... AMAZING. They worked great.

Mike
(from the thread " how fast? ")

I'm sorry but going from 35-80 on a fairly open two lane street in the middle of the day, isn't as bad as going 135 at night. We all have a little fun with our svxs, and its not really street racing. street racing usually involves money, and a planned race, not just a stop light to stop light race, especially not just speeding up way over the speed limit on a road.. what was the ACTUAL speed limit on the road you hit 135 on... don't give him crap because he loves to drive the car... thats why we're all here... we love to drive this amazing car.

Greg [/end rant]

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Last edited by drivemusicnow; 06-19-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:23 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Quote:

It has nothing to do with something that interests me. It has everything to do with the fact that you are bragging about street racing. If you didn't know, street racing is ILLEGAL, and most importantly, DANGEROUS. If it wasn't the serious problem that it is, Pennsylvania wouldn't mandate the revocation of anyone's license when they are caught racing on a public highway. Every year people are KILLED in street racing mishaps. All I ask is that you keep it in a controlled environment.

I don't like seeing this type of thing on here because it makes the SVX World Network look bad as an organization. I'm pretty passionate about this group, and it troubles me to see the demographic changing as it is.

Mike
I agree, its a unpopular thread, and something you may see on a Honda site. Street racing is street racing....and everyone under
the age of 25 is going to go thru that stage in life, its part of
growing up if you are into cars. And if you say youve never had a street race you are probably lying.
Truth be known, more people are killed by Drunk Drivers and you dont see those idiots getting their licenses revoked on the spot in every state, and they still sell alchohol over the counter, AND you see people of all ages getting caught drinking and driving and hurting people.
Not saying street racing is justified, and I also dont care to hear about who beat who on this site either.
Oh, buy the way, you could get a 6 cyl in 67-69 Camaros, then again starting in 82-its end they where offered with 6 bangers too. Even muscle cars can have a soft side.....

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."

Last edited by Motorsport-SVX; 06-20-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:00 AM
SVXdriver_007

I'm sorry that this is going to come off as unpopular but here goes.
I see a whole lot of hipocracy in this thread and others in regards to racing/speading. there is too many people condeming irresponsible driving who have already in other threads admitted to doing just that. the difference between street racing and speeding is the number of cars involved, don't try and fool your self. Its like Dayle said most people (guys especialy) have raced in one way or another be it a stop light to stop light or a sprint on the highway and I'll go as far as to say that there isn't a person here who hasn't gone faster than the speed limit dictates. I certainly have done both and while I'm not out making a habbit of it I probably will again. the thing is this...speeding is against the law, street racing also against the law, trying to justify your actions by saying one is worse than the other, or that when you do either your doing it responsibly is rediculous. Maybe you think you have all the variables worked out but you are and I am always gambling. and if you don't know who mister Murphy is sooner or later he'll tap you on the shoulder. I'm not trying to come of a jerk but it does fall back to the old glass house proverb.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
Theres a differance between street racing, and just going fast over the speed limit... hey mike, what road did you hit 135... because I would really like a 135mph speed limit sign...

(from the thread " how fast? ")

I'm sorry but going from 35-80 on a fairly open two lane street in the middle of the day, isn't as bad as going 135 at night. We all have a little fun with our svxs, and its not really street racing. street racing usually involves money, and a planned race, not just a stop light to stop light race, especially not just speeding up way over the speed limit on a road.. what was the ACTUAL speed limit on the road you hit 135 on... don't give him crap because he loves to drive the car... thats why we're all here... we love to drive this amazing car.

Greg [/end rant]
Uh oh... I just got owned by the search button. lol. In all seriousness, though, there arent really any circumstances in which you can justify street racing as such (or even speeding). Just because I did something wrong doesnt make it right that someone else does something wrong.

My post was made becauase I am just getting irritated that there are these continual posts with regards to 'i beat this car' and such. It really does make this organization look bad to outsiders. What is with this influx of posting like that?

Mike
Old 06-19-2003, 07:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

i street raced a civic the other day. it was stupid. i was doing it primarily in an effort to prove to him that i was more masculine than he, and stood a better chance of attracting a mate

even though i have a hard time doing more than 10 push-ups and haven't been able to attract women for some time..

still, i street raced a civic. my car goes faster in a straight line than his. i feel proud that after a moderately small investment, my car is able to outrun more expensive, newer cars i feel like i have made smart decisions in my life, and as a result, i am able to prove to others that i have a significantly larger penis than they do.

i rock

and roll

all night long

-adam
LMAO!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:25 AM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Quote:

My post was made becauase I am just getting irritated that there are these continual posts with regards to 'i beat this car' and such. It really does make this organization look bad to outsiders. What is with this influx of posting like that?

Mike
The SVX owner base is getting younger, probably. As the cars become cheaper, they're becoming more attractive to younger buyers. And as everyone knows, teenagers are reckless and thrillseeking and all that (I certainly know people like that- although I know a lot of responsible teens as well.)
Old 06-19-2003, 07:31 AM
RRX

Most every car forum has a some sort of "kills section" The supra, 3000gt, rx7, 350z, 300z, f-body...ect.. So I don't think it makes us look bad if someone posts a street race. I like reading them actually. I think we have all been in some sort of stop light race before..I know I have.

Last edited by RRX; 06-19-2003 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
LOL!

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

i actually prefer to whip it out WHILE we're in the midst of the race.

adds downforce for the corners...

-a (lighten up, world)

That's ok... I got it and Laughed out Loud ...!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 06-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix96

The SVX owner base is getting younger, probably. As the cars become cheaper, they're becoming more attractive to younger buyers. And as everyone knows, teenagers are reckless and thrillseeking and all that (I certainly know people like that- although I know a lot of responsible teens as well.)

Hmm... a responsible teen.... (putting on fireproof underwear)

I would certainly like to meet this lot of teens. What are they responsible for? I'm sorry but if teens are going to buy this car and brag about racing hondas and (choke) neons, I'm sure that there will be a lot of parts cars coming available very soon.

I have mixed feelings about this. I hate to see the children wreck SVXi. I'm sad about the cars, not the kids. Dumb ones can be filtered out of the gene pool this way and we can be reasonably sure that at 16-19 they won't have had too many babies.

I'm glad that there will be some parts cars and that by the teens making fewer on the road, the uniqueness of our cars will be enhanced!

(obviously some teens do act responsibly... but I still have the insurance companies statistics on my side)

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 06-19-2003, 09:38 AM

I would like to openly state that I am in fact, a responsible teen. I have had my license for about 2 years...no accidents, no tickets. I'm not saying I will never have either of these but I am just stating that we are out there. Even if there are little numbers. Insurance stats by far outweigh this though. Oh well.

-Pete

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

not doubting you....but

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
I would like to openly state that I am in fact, a responsible teen. I have had my license for about 2 years...no accidents, no tickets. I'm not saying I will never have either of these but I am just stating that we are out there. Even if there are little numbers. Insurance stats by far outweigh this though. Oh well.

-Pete
I was also pretty "lucky" till I was 20 or 21, in Az you can
get your license at 16 roughly. I messed around and got
lucky for a few yrs, and then in my 20s **** went downhill
from there for a few yrs till I got the message.
Last 10 yrs havent been too bad. City got some $ from me.
Also, back then they had just started the "point" system in Az so it was just a smart thing to driver smarter.
Not saying you arent what you say,.....but you still have plenty of time to get caught.
Its a wake up call when you do even once.
Also, its not just about getting a ticket, it happens to almost everyone.....its what the citation is for that tells whether your
a responsible driver or not.
I open admit I still get into a street race once in a while, but its always in my Soarer, and its always against someone else my age in a Perf car of some sort. And the only place I talk about it is maybe on the Supra forums.....
Oh, and Ive Never drank and drive, thats one thing I firmly believe.
Lesson for today: Dont street Race

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."

Last edited by Motorsport-SVX; 06-19-2003 at 09:53 AM.