Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Petition to get White House to reduce grey market importation from 25 to 15 years

Have not posted for a while, but I hope this form can help out the auto enthusiast and get the bill to at least get looked at.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2270669

Last edited by svxsubaru1; 11-21-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: Petition to get White House to reduce grey market importation from 25 to 15 years

I signed it last week, and everyone else here should too.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Petition to get White House to reduce grey market importation from 25 to 15 years

they may have to look at it but doubtful if it would matter. with all this administration has done to cater to failing auto industry i find it hard to believe that interest group politics wouldn't take control over this one. i'll sign it and hope but don't hold your breath.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
with all this administration has done to cater to failing auto industry i find it hard to believe that interest group politics wouldn't take control over this one. i'll sign it and hope but don't hold your breath.
Cater too? If anything this adminstration has been the most anti-auto industry since the Model T. Sure there was the continuation and actual agreements on the free cash handout by W. to the industry but it also put a ton of stipulations on the "loans". You must remember that had the loans not happened there would be no GM right now, there would be no Fiatsyer, Ford probably would have gone as well since many of the suppliers would have gone under, there would be another 4-6 percent out of work just in those jobs related to the auto industry.

Now those pesky little CAFE standard that he was the first finally get an increase in 30 years was surely a pat on the back for the auto industry as was the increase of ethanol in gas to 15% or the continued love affair with smokestack cars without the federal funding to create Prius Incest and Volt lanes between the bike lane and sidewalk. Don't forget about the breaking of the back of the auto unions. Sorry but the facts show that Obama has been no friend to the auto industry.

When the auto industry see's this administration coming they frantically start trying to figure out how to insert their butt plugs.

Yeah, I did sign it but sadly, he'll probably just stick it up Joe's butt and not inhale. Don't even get me started on Obama's total disregard for the collector car industry. Just think crush, crush, crush.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Registered SVX

what i meant was that he is catering to the money behind the industry. they didn't bail out the car makers (ford was also bailed out but went to the fed instead of asking congress) to save an industry or a label but to prevent those who have a huge financial interest from losing their money. sure auto workers would be out of work until the next company came along but the financial industry who backed all those loans for new cars and the huge companies taking tax money for r&D of hybrid junk stood to lose way more. those people are the ones who have a voice in the government not joe taxpayer, not auto unions, not anyone who signs a petition.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Would you like some ground up beets with your bitterness , or maybe a newer walker with some new fancy tennis balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Cater too? If anything this adminstration has been the most anti-auto industry since the Model T. Sure there was the continuation and actual agreements on the free cash handout by W. to the industry but it also put a ton of stipulations on the "loans". You must remember that had the loans not happened there would be no GM right now, there would be no Fiatsyer, Ford probably would have gone as well since many of the suppliers would have gone under, there would be another 4-6 percent out of work just in those jobs related to the auto industry.

Now those pesky little CAFE standard that he was the first finally get an increase in 30 years was surely a pat on the back for the auto industry as was the increase of ethanol in gas to 15% or the continued love affair with smokestack cars without the federal funding to create Prius Incest and Volt lanes between the bike lane and sidewalk. Don't forget about the breaking of the back of the auto unions. Sorry but the facts show that Obama has been no friend to the auto industry.

When the auto industry see's this administration coming they frantically start trying to figure out how to insert their butt plugs.

Yeah, I did sign it but sadly, he'll probably just stick it up Joe's butt and not inhale. Don't even get me started on Obama's total disregard for the collector car industry. Just think crush, crush, crush.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
what i meant was that he is catering to the money behind the industry. they didn't bail out the car makers (ford was also bailed out but went to the fed instead of asking congress) to save an industry or a label but to prevent those who have a huge financial interest from losing their money. sure auto workers would be out of work until the next company came along but the financial industry who backed all those loans for new cars and the huge companies taking tax money for r&D of hybrid junk stood to lose way more. those people are the ones who have a voice in the government not joe taxpayer, not auto unions, not anyone who signs a petition.
No Ford was not bailed out, they had secured billions in credit years ago and simply tapped into that credit. If he was catering to the "money" behind the industry then he's doing a pretty bad job of it by requiring so many hoops to jump thru. Last time I checked the much of the finacial industry was owned by anyone who wanted to invest in it so by that I guess that I'm one of "those" people, just like over a third of the adult population in the US. Hey isn't that about how many people voted in the last election?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxsubaru1 View Post
Would you like some ground up beets with your bitterness , or maybe a newer walker with some new fancy tennis balls?
Bitter? Not at all, I didn't vote for the moron. As for the walker, no I won't be using one of those so long as there are treehumpers" out there driving hybrid crap to sneak up at the speed of a wheel chair running only on coal fired power as medicare hasn't approved a miracle ear for me yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:01 PM

I am just teasing, but a coal powered walker would be great . If this idea some how did go through it would be great. A R32 skyline or R33 skyline would make me smile on almost any day. Especially when I am able to have it fart fire from the exhaust .
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxsubaru1 View Post
I am just teasing, but a coal powered walker would be great . If this idea some how did go through it would be great. A R32 skyline or R33 skyline would make me smile on almost any day. Especially when I am able to have it fart fire from the exhaust .
Toyota already makes a coal powered walker. They call it the plug in prius.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post

...now I remember why I don't visit the forum as much.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Though I'd be the first person in line to buy a JDM SVX if this law were changed, don't you guys think there are several areas right now that deserve our government's attention more than something like this?

Just sayin.
2001 Audi S8