Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 AM

Need some guidance on the $$ worth of my modded SVX which isn't currently for sale

Hi Everyone,
I'd really appreciate some input/opinions to get a value range on my beloved LSi AWD. At minimum it would help me with haggling on the insurance value but would also help me determine what I could get if I did decide to sell at some point.

Here's what I've got: 1996 (OBD II of course). 75K original miles. 5 speed swap with 4.11's (if memory serves) done less than 10K miles ago. Tranny was fully rebuilt prior to installation, and I had a heavy duty clutch installed. Also (and so important), I have the full setup for the coilover suspension, but it's not installed. I have all the parts for the conversion....the Koni inserts and the coilover springs I got from Porter like 5 years ago. Also have the new OE mounts for the struts as well. Magnaflow exhuast. 17" Nissan murano takeoff wheels. Euro grill. Underdrive pulley + CAI. Beige interior. I had it painted 3 years ago in the STi OE metallic gray color. Runs/performs great of course, it's like a time warp to an almost new version of the car. It's a California car originally, now lives in AZ with me. No rust. Cosmetically I've got a decision to make since the paint job wasn't done that well and it got hailed on in the winter. So I have some $$ to spend there to make it mint.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on $$ value

Last edited by subezealot; 06-27-2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Typo in title
Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Limecat is not amused.

Registered SVX
Re: Need some guidance on the $$ worth of my modded SVX which isn't currently for sal

$4500.....
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Need some guidance on the $$ worth of my modded SVX which isn't currently for sal

$3500-$6500 depending on the quality of the paint. Doubt you'd see more than 5k or so out of the insurance co though w/o an agreed value plan.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 AM

Many insurance companies will insure it for whatever amount you specify. You just pay more for insuring more.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Registered SVX

BBB is not an accurate place to look. They will place the car around $3,000.
The car is worth only what another person is willing to pay for it . I just read a guy paid $10,000 for Jack Rubys gun. I was watching the Barret/Jackson auction yesterday a 1960 Rambler ( Pink and very ugly at that) went for $35,000 and a beautiful Chevy SS convertible only went for $25,000...go figure.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

If the paint were in great condition and the coilovers installed, I would say $6000. The low mileage and youth of the car is a benefit. Then you have the added benefits of the 5 speed MT and the coilovers. For the paint, it sucks about the hail and it really depends on the damage done.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 AM

Ok thanks for the replies. I think I'll buy some WRX seats, get it repainted, install the coilovers and drive it into the ground
Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
The car is worth only what another person is willing to pay for it .
This is why my Pearly is worth a lot more as parts.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
This is why my Pearly is worth a lot more as parts.
Your pearly is worth more as parts because someone can't buy it and drive it away. :/

In all fairness, I still keep looking at your pearly ad..
Buying yours and swapping it all into my 92 ebony would cost me less than the koni's and 4.44 I need..

I just cant bring myself to kill your pearly to restore my svx.
That and I don't want to pay to flatbed it back to CT.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
That and I don't want to pay to flatbed it back to CT.
If you can get your mitts on a truck that will tow 4500 lbs, there's a U-Haul that rents flat trailers just a few miles from my house for about $86.

I hear ya about not wanting to kill the car, though. Still, there's only so far you can drop the price on a "living" SVX before it's just going to wind up in the hands of someone who will be parting it in six months, anyway.

Last edited by LetItSnow; 06-30-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
If you can get your mitts on a truck that will tow 4500 lbs, there's a U-Haul that rents flat trailers just a few miles from my house for about $86.

I hear ya about not wanting to kill the car, though. Still, there's only so far you can drop the price on a "living" SVX before it's just going to wind up in the hands of someone who will be parting it in six months, anyway.
I drove a trailer once, the bosses 6' trailer. I didn't make it out the parking lot.
Good news was boss wasn't going to make me drive a trailer ever again.

For what your asking price is I'm surprised someone has not bought it to sell as parts already.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM

Registered SVX

Find a GOOD Macco paint shop "A good one" I am saying and they can do a decent job. Paint it black or yellow . I saw a 68 Dodge Charger I guy had painted just because he was sick of looking at his in primer and 3 different colors from parts he swapped . Had it painted Orange (no pearl, no flake straight ORANGE ) It came back and he was so pleased has left it that way. Won't win a Car show but from 10 feet away looks great. you would have to do your own sanding and filling .