Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM

Anyone ever mount 3 way components up front?

So I've tested some old equipment I used a few years ago and discovered that my Crystals are still going strong. MY Memphis amp is a peper weight but I always had issues with it. Just a really good reason to get a new amp I suppose. So I've read though several threads and have seen where some have been able to mount 6.5" components in the door (which is exciting to know), however I haven't read anything regarding a 3 way set up. I have a set of 3 ways that I ran in my old Legacy about 5 years ago when I did amateur SQL. (I never won but it was fun none the less.) Anywho in my old leg I had to use fiberglass kick pods to mount everything up front. Since Izzy (my SVX) can hold a 6.5" in the door and there's already a place for the tweet, I just got to figure out where to put the 4" (I think it's 4", maybe 3.5") mid. Obviously I'll end up fiberglassing something. Has anyone else done this? And if so where did you mount all of the speakers?

On a side note I have no clue what to do with the rear decks. I may just delete them and do a small 8" or 10" sub in the back. Not sure yet though.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:07 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Re: Anyone ever mount 3 way components up front?

I'm redoing my speaker setup again to adapt to my lifestyle. Sub is out (if anyone wants it for the next reading) and I think I'm going to replace with 6x9 midbasses (like CDT or kicker 6x9).

I am toying with the idea of a 3-way setup in the front. The factory removable kick panels may be your best bet, but on a 5-speed car might be a little cramped as far as foot space for the driver.
2012 Camry V6 SE