Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Taillight, plug & play?

Quote:
Michael, your SVX looks gorgeous! Just from the tail end of it... how many miles does it have? Wait... 138k really?
Thanks, I told someone a few months ago it had 138 and he asked "138 miles?" That made my day!

Quote:
People must really be puzzled when they see your svx for the first time, think it's something new, then see classic car plates.
My wife always busts me about the plates, she hates my svx

Quote:
I did a few changes to mine,my UK car comes with two rear red fog lights(fitted with 21w bulbs) I removed these bulbs,replaced them with 5w bulbs,rewired them into the side light circuit,then I fitted a red 21w bulb into the offside reversing light housing,and rewired that back into the original fog light circuit.(you with me?) so I now have 4 rear red side lights,2 red brake lights,one white reversing light and one red rear fog light Also I purchased (thanks Nate) 2 rear/side side marker lights/lenses,fitted these with 5w bulbs and wired thse into the side light circuit.Led number plate bulbs finish it off nicely.
I wish you had US wiring in the car so I knew how they would act if you just plugged it in. I had better pull the 21w bulbs as they may blind someone.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Taillight, plug & play?

Juiced up my battery and gave it a try. The lamps work as-is, if you want to use the fogs as brake lights. No modifications required

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel