Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 04:20 PM
LearJeff

Where to buy a tranny cooler?

For all the mentions tranny coolers get on this website, I have been unable to find out who makes them for SVX's and how to contact the manufacturer(s).

Someone's post mentioned a B&M tranny cooler (model 70268). I tried to find B&M on the web (unsuccessful). A phone number, the full business name (if different than B&M), where they are located; any of this info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help!

(learjeff@aol.com)
Old 06-12-2002, 05:42 PM
dart

Re: Where to buy a tranny cooler?

Quote:
Originally posted by LearJeff
For all the mentions tranny coolers get on this website, I have been unable to find out who makes them for SVX's and how to contact the manufacturer(s).

Someone's post mentioned a B&M tranny cooler (model 70268). I tried to find B&M on the web (unsuccessful). A phone number, the full business name (if different than B&M), where they are located; any of this info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help!

(learjeff@aol.com)
I installed a Hayden 404 on my wife's SVX. Bought it at Pep Boys. $50.00 clams. You can check out their website/products here:

http://www.haydenauto.com/
Old 06-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Jeff, B & M's web address is bmracing.com. You'll find a huge dealer list by state. I got my B & M cooler from Tognotti's Auto World (tognottisautoworld.com/products)- a B & M 70255 (16GWV) is $54.99 + S & H. I paid $85.00 a year ago for installation (east coast pricing). So how many miles have you piled up on that thang so far?

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:36 AM
EverclearAtMSU

i got mine for $25 + 5s/h off of e-bay...however it's STILL sitting in my garage! I'll get around to it one day, along w/ the new resonator
Old 06-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

in San Jose

I bought that exact same cooler from Speed Merchant in San Jose. You can call them up and order it over the phone. They will also install it for you, but they do not work cheap. I had them bypass the stock cooler. The stock cooler is only good for warming up the fluid on cold days and it never really gets cold enough around here for that to be an issue. I even the SVX in Tahoe about 10 times this winter and bypassing the stock cooler never caused a problem.

Speed Merchant also carries Red Line synthetic oils, so I had them replace the differential fluid with Red Line stuff. The bad news is that they don't have the equipment to do a full tranny flush if that is something you are looking to do.

http://www.speedmerchant.com/speedmain.htm

Cheers,
Matt
Old 06-14-2002, 10:51 AM
LearJeff

Wink

I knew I loved this web-site !!! Everyone comes through with the info likity-split! Thanks to all of you, I appreciate it.

Since I'm not too far from Speed Merchant, I think I'll give them a buzz and arrange for the work to be performed there.

I just clicked over 1,000 miles on the odo this morning, Ron, on my way in to work. I guess that means I can start racing everyone at stoplights, right? On second thought, maybe not!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their input. You guys are great.

Jeff
Old 06-14-2002, 11:12 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
I guess that means I can start racing everyone at stoplights, right?
just the lil ricers
Old 08-10-2002, 10:57 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I knew I loved this web-site !!! Everyone comes through with the info likity-split! Thanks to all of you, I appreciate it.

Since I'm not too far from Speed Merchant, I think I'll give them a buzz and arrange for the work to be performed there.

I just clicked over 1,000 miles on the odo this morning, Ron, on my way in to work. I guess that means I can start racing everyone at stoplights, right? On second thought, maybe not!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their input. You guys are great.

Jeff
Jeff, if you hav'nt done the ATF cooler yet look at a Hayden stack cooler, big is better.