Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
.... what a sweet ride !!

Registered SVX
This morning I finished the installation of my copy of this radio. Everything works BUT............
I don't have any display!!!!

All functions on the radio seem to work fine including the lighting for the push-buttons when the headlights are on. The dimming of these lights also work correctly. However I get nothing from the display. Is this the same failure that you had on your unit that your friend fixed? I hope it is something simple?

Thanks!

'02 Outback - Wife's car
'96 Legacy Wagon - Son's car
'95 Legacy Sedan - #5 Daughter's car
'93 Impreza Sedan - #4 Daughter's car
'92 Claret LS-L - My car ____________
TOTAL = 595,000 Subi miles
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
His "failure" had nothing to do with the display. He had CD's stuck inside of it.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

As Hoc says no that wasn't my issue. Sounds like a bad connection in there. Should've came with a warranty from the Ebayer I'd send it back unless you're a good electrical person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSVX View Post
This morning I finished the installation of my copy of this radio. Everything works BUT............
I don't have any display!!!!

All functions on the radio seem to work fine including the lighting for the push-buttons when the headlights are on. The dimming of these lights also work correctly. However I get nothing from the display. Is this the same failure that you had on your unit that your friend fixed? I hope it is something simple?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks for your help guys! I broke into the unit and checked the solder connections on the front/display board. Everything looked OK, the solder looked nice and shiny and the connectors looked good and solid. I sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner and mated them several times. However it didn't help the situation.

There is a warranty but it's just a pain, plus otherwise it did work great. It is a nice radio and as you said it fits perfectly in the SVX cage.

I was talking with SVXDC about it and as he says, at least now I have a good adapter cable ready when I find another unit.

As everyone else says, it is a great service and an outstanding product that he provides our community (at an unbelievable price.)

Thanks Dave!

'02 Outback - Wife's car
Old 11-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Don't know who you bought it from off ebay but if it was Luk parts they should have it at one of their other locations. I'd send it back regardless on their dime if they sold it as a working model! Looks good in there thought doesn't it!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:34 AM

Registered SVX
If when you say Luk parts, you mean LKQ - Yes that's where it came from and I will talk to them & see if they have a replacement. They do have a big operation. And the unit seems to be the perfect fit with all the capabilities that it has.

Thanks for your help!

'02 Outback - Wife's car
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Registered SVX
Well I had a successful end to this story. The ebay seller, LKQ Online, has a very smooth operation. Their warranty service is carried out online and in 1 day they agreed to refund my full price plus my shipping cost. Plus they said that I could keep the defective radio. My wife says she doesn't care if the display doesn't work, she wants the 6-CD changer in her '02 Outback!

I was so satisfied with LKQ that I ordered another radio from them. This one was from a 2004 Legacy. The only difference is that there is no 6-CD changer, only a single CD player. It does give me the space for a storage slot that I can use for my door opener (who can hang one of those things on their sagging SVX visor?)

I can live without the changer. If I drive more than 20 minutes to get somewhere I usually have a CD changer sitting next to me. Also the door closes, just barely, which is a good thing.

Finally, as everyone else has discovered - David's adapter and installation instructions are worth their weight in gold! Thanks David!!! You are a great friend for every SVX owner.

'02 Outback - Wife's car