Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbaer View Post
I've never been comfortable talking on the phone while driving. I do have to agree with Hocrest, there will be a lot of places that abuse the law, just like any new law that they can use to generate income.
i don't see how - if you aren't on the phone, you have nothing to worry about.

its not like seatbelt/helmet laws. in those cases you aren't endangering others by not buckling up or putting on a helmet. those laws are stupid, unless its a child that needs to be in a car seat, it should be your choice if you want to get more seriously injured or killed if you get in an accident.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
yeah, one of my dumbass friends always ALWAYS text messages while driving, because talking is illegal...

Now, Im pretty horrible at multitasking..when on the phone, I CAN NOT drive, walk, read, think, talk, or drive. Usually Ill answer, hope it's REALLY inportant..and when it isnt, tell them Im trying to do something, and Ill call them back. If it is something that "can't" wait, I pull the hell over. The only time Ill actually talk on the phone and drive at the same time is if Im recieving step-by step directions to a place...because not only can I Not multitask..Im pretty horrible with directions, instructions, and prettymuch anything that ends in "ions"
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
So often... do i consider quitting my job and becoming a police officer for the sole purpose of burning people who ignore the most basic of traffic laws, such as TURN SIGNALS, or headlights, when it's to dark to see them, or headlights when it's pouring rain. Speed, i have no issues with. I'd bet there is 1 speed related accident for every 100 headlight, turnsignal, stupid crap accidents. Burns me up...
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:25 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Amen Hocrest. There are some people who can talk on the cell and drive and some people who can't. I don't think punishing the people who can because those who can't are stupid is a reason to pass that kind of law.

Like I said though, I didn't see the law go across the governor's desk so I don't think it's in effect yet.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 AM
That's gona leave a mark.

Thank God it is still legal to shave, put on makeup, read the paper, and have animals running around in the car. . . . . Cause that doesn't distract the driver at all.
Attached Images
File Type: gif rant2.gif (9.7 KB, 109 views)

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue
Old 09-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
We have a similar law going into effect here in Ca next year and, personally, I'm all for it. I won't even go into text messaging while driving , but of late I'm constantly observing nimrods that have one hand occupied with the obligatory handset to ear, and the other on the wheel, leaving no appendage available to activate their turn signals. This, usually while I'm waiting at a light or stop sign, frustrated at their rudeness and self involvement. As said b4, "it's all about me".
When discussing the issue with youngsters I'm told that they can't stand to "waste their time while driving" and thus multitask on the cell. When asked what is so important that they need to get on the phone and chat about it as soon as the key is turned, "nothing; and everything", answering Landshark's question.
On the few occasions I've spent more than 15 sec on the phone while driving (HF of course!) I've realized that my attention was most certainly not 100% focused on driving, and I've heard from others that they've actually missed their freeway exit while chatting This is not rocket science folks. The only thing one should be doing behind the wheel is putting everything they know about the task at hand to use, communicating with the other drivers around them, watching their mirrors, and arriving safely. PERIOD!

Glenn
Still stuck in the 20th Century

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: