Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-07-2006, 04:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Trying to save $ on gsa for SVXes

I am trying to save a little money on gasoline by using half premium and half mid-grade when I fill up. The SVX runs on 91 octane gasoline. In my area (mid-atlantic states) premium is 93 octane. Mid-grade is 89 octane. Currently there is about a ten cents per gallon differential between the two grades.
My system is to fill up when the gas gage is at the halfway mark. I alternate the premium and mid-grade fill-ups. I keep a small pad & pencil in each SVX to record the grade of gas used at the fill-up, so I can keep trak on each SVX.
So far there have been no ill effects on any of our SVXes.

The next fill-up for all our SVXes will be premium.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that Ripimoff Industries is working on a fuel pill to drastically increase fuel milage. It is a capsule of catalysts in a special holder that attaches to the tailpipe. A plastic tube is then run to the overflow nozzle on the gas tank. Treated exhaust gas is mixed with the gas in the tank. The catalized exhaust fumes are combustible and do not degrade the gasoline in the tank. It also cuts down on polution. It is a member of a class of catalysts known as IFS (Inertial Flatulence Suppositories). I also hear that Ripimoff Industries has hired the world famous Italian opera singer and wine connoisseur, Renaldi Moomerti, to represent them in their commercials. I can't wait to see these TV adds.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:57 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
...I also hear that Ripimoff Industries has hired the world famous Italian opera singer and wine connoisseur, Renaldi Moomerti, to represent them in their commercials. I can't wait to see these TV adds.
Renaldi Moomerti! Isn't he also known as "Le Garçon de Braille"?

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-11-2006, 12:08 PM

Oh ya what a great idea heat and gas in a closed area
Old 08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaap11889
Oh ya what a great idea heat and gas in a closed area
You should search our forums for all the other lovely items "Ripimoff Industries" has made available to us
Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Your scheme hardly sounds worth it to me, Larry. You're saving, what, less than a dollar per fill? Even if you fill up twice a week, you're still talking less than $10 per month.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Your scheme hardly sounds worth it to me, Larry. You're saving, what, less than a dollar per fill? Even if you fill up twice a week, you're still talking less than $10 per month.
agreed!

if the price of premium fuel is that big of a deal, i'll find a way to take SUBYDOO off of your hands so you'll only have two SVXs to gas up.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
My sentiments exactly. Unless I can get a lower grade for, say, $1.00 per gallon less than premium, it's not worth the time & effort (to keep track of "which tank am I on"?) to save such a small amount at who knows what cost later in unforeseen engine problems.

I spend about $200.00 a month on gas, the $6.00 a month extra I spend for premium is worth it. (IMHO)

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-11-2006, 03:34 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Iquittakingmylithiumsothatiwouldhavemoremoneytospe ndonpremiumfuelbecaustthevoicestoldmeto
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Exclamation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that Ripimoff Industries is working on a fuel pill to drastically increase fuel milage. It is a capsule of catalysts in a special holder that attaches to the tailpipe. A plastic tube is then run to the overflow nozzle on the gas tank. Treated exhaust gas is mixed with the gas in the tank. The catalized exhaust fumes are combustible and do not degrade the gasoline in the tank. It also cuts down on polution. It is a member of a class of catalysts known as IFS (Inertial Flatulence Suppositories). I also hear that Ripimoff Industries has hired the world famous Italian opera singer and wine connoisseur, Renaldi Moomerti, to represent them in their commercials. I can't wait to see these TV adds.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, Mr. III, but Ripimoff Industries would NEVER sully its stellar reputation as a world class automotive innovator by making fraudulent & irrational claims such as your IFS BS, which clearly stinks.

There is only one solution that truly reduces the amount of petrol required per tankful, & that's the now patented Ripimoff Tank Use Reducer Device or TURD (tm). That's right! - with enough TURDS in your tank, you'll notice your fuel bill to decrease dramatically. What's a TURD, you ask? Well, firstly, this breakthrough is ONLY available from Ripimoff. Through years of research our crack labs have developed the perfect blend of genuine Yak dung for strength, & Iraqi desert sand for weight, & shaped each TURD to easily pass through your gas tank's filler tube. Each weiner shaped TURD sinks to the bottom of your gas tank instantly displacing approximately 6 ounces of gasoline.

Add a TURD at every fill-up & you'll notice those ghastly fuel bills becoming more & more bearable. One satisfied user said, "With regular use of Ripimoff TURDS over a year now, I find I can fill up my thirsty Yukon for only FIVE BUCKS!!!!". Just think about how fast your SVX will respond to the magic of the TURD!!! And....the TURD is guaranteed not to harm the precise calibration of the SVX gas gauge.

Start saving gas now!!!

Please send only $19.95 (cash) plus S & H of $9.95 & 9/10 for a SIX-PACK!!! of TURDS to:

Ripimoff Industries, 666 BP Pipeline Place, Tehran, Iran.

SVX Network special!!! For a 12 pack of TURDS Remit only $29.95 plus $29.95 & 9/10 S & H, NOW! Offer may have expired recently.

Please allow 2-8 months shipping time.

Renaldi-El. CEO, Ripimoff Industries.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 PM

THAT DUDE IS KIDIDNG RIGHT??

Just the name RipImoff make me like hmm rip customers off real good advertising
Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 AM

lol ripmeoff a 12pack of turds and ill call it the nite!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:14 AM

I heard that those TURDS really worked! My friend put them in his SVX, and after only 1 hour of using them, his engine exploded! He now spends less then $1 a year on gas because he has to ride a bike to work
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 AM

obviously the disclaimer was written in code

Disclaimer: Turds will cause you engine to blow but since your engine is not running the previous statement that they will save you money on gas because your engine will not longer require gas as it doesnt run.