Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 05:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to djsiva
help..somethings locking up

My car drove fine all day today until I got ready to leave work at the end of the day. I got in my car, put it in reverse and nothing happened. I thought the transmission might be slipping so I gave it some gas to test. It's not slipping at all, it feels as if something is locked up somewhere. It will drive but it's bogging down as if you're trying to drive over something that's in front of the wheels. One I got the car out of the parking spot, I tried all forward gears and the same things occurred. It's giving it a lot of gas to overcome whatever is binding together.

I thought it may be something with the E brake so I jacked up the rear end but the tires spin freely. I then jacked up the front end so all 4 wheels were off the ground and the fronts seem to spin ok. So now I have no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated...

note.. I have been throwing a Code 24 for line pressure duty solenoid for quite sometime but everything seemed to be ok up until now....as far as I know the rear wheels were still working even with the code.

I have noticed that sometimes recently when I take off hard, it seems as if something is slipping and it takes a second for the tranny to catch up but I'm sure it's not the actual transmission. It doesn't feel like slipping gears. Anyway... please help..

Nate