Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-16-2004, 12:15 PM

i got one word for moore, slander. he cuts up pieces of interviews and asks the right questions and bam...he has a movie

i was so angry after watching bowling for columbine, and so was the rest of my class. we watched it as part of an introduction of a topic in my criminal justice class. the teacher's speaker, also her girlfriend, is a top lawyer in the area, and she agreed with just about everything in the movie.

sitting behind me was a marine...he just got called back to duty, although he was allowed to maintain a class schedual, he was dressed in uniform, she had the gonaids to ask him if he would give his life for a flag...WTF do you think he is wearing that uniform for???? he had to leave the room. he was a real quiet, nice guy. i couldn't believe it. so i laid into her. i couldn't stop. i was so ticked

about the election. all politians lie, it is a fact of life. no matter who you vote for, most of what they say they are going to do, isn't going to happen...he might as well tell the country that he is going to pull a monkey out of his arse

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
he was a real quiet, nice guy. i couldn't believe it. so i laid into her. i couldn't stop. i was so ticked

Kelli
Note to self, dont mess with Kelli
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
What I like about Michael Moore is that he put a face to liberals. I used to hate liberals...that's alot of hating. Now it's easier, I can just hate Moore instead. The guy is a complete waste of time in every aspect. Of course now the system he loves so much is coming down on him. He's being sued from every direction because of all the made up material in F 9/11. So i'm happy. Of course i'm sure he'll find someone to blaim his stupidity on...he always does.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 PM

The hypocrisy of American politics is almost sad enough to be funny (well actually I do find it funny, but I've got a warped sense of humor).

Republicans complaining about Michael Moore and the (mis)accuracy of a movie, all the while sweeping under a rug the babble that spewed from Rush Limbaugh, et al (and Rush's drug defense by the ACLU - if that isn't a great joke, I don't know what is). Republicans putting down trial lawyers, but suing Michael Moore? I stand by an earlier comment that you would have to pay big bucks for this level of comedy if it wasn't an election year.

Where the heck are the conservatives and liberals? Anybody got some running in their district? Here's my (admittedly skewed) view of the current insanity vice traditional roles:

Traditional roles:
Democrats = liberals = spend dollars we don't have & make laws to have us all fall in line with the new order

Republicans = conservative = balanced budget, and keep Government laws out of our lives.

So what is the current babble?
Democrats - return to a balanced budget, and maintain or strengthen freedom values, a larger military.

Republicans - deficits are OK, patriot act, anti-abortion, adding to the Government employee size while maintaining/cutting military end strength.

Are the definitions about conservative & liberal doing a flip-flop (couldn't resist putting that in somehow).

Where's Goldwater when ya need him (I'd even like Ike)?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile

Are the definitions about conservative & liberal doing a flip-flop (couldn't resist putting that in somehow).

Where's Goldwater when ya need him (I'd even like Ike)? [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Lee, I think it's flip-flop-flip, as the original Republicans circa Honest Abe were more democrat leaning than the democrats of the era, but became more Republican (big bidness be good) when FDR guided the Dems in a more, "let's create jobs for everybody" frame of social change. Now both parties are gonna' give ilk like me free medical care, better Social Security, better jobs (to retire from), 24/7 protection from terrorists, & free green cards for 7-11 & Holiday Inn employees, whilst having only Teresa's close personal friends pay for all of it. What's not to like?
I'm going to Chicago & vote for both parties this year.

Ron (At least we KNEW when Nixon was lying).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 10-18-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
How bout we throw out all the "conservatives" and "liberals" then look for a normal person
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NapaBavarian
How bout we throw out all the "conservatives" and "liberals" then look for a normal person
I thought we tried that - wasn't that Jimmy Carter

Ron, thanks for reminding me the more things change the more they stay the same in politics....mostly, do & be whatever it takes to get elected.

Maybe ole Mr Jefferson was right...we should have a revolution every four years instead of an election.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
Republicans complaining about Michael Moore and the (mis)accuracy of a movie, all the while sweeping under a rug the babble that spewed from Rush Limbaugh, et al (and Rush's drug defense by the ACLU - if that isn't a great joke, I don't know what is). Republicans putting down trial lawyers, but suing Michael Moore? I stand by an earlier comment that you would have to pay big bucks for this level of comedy if it wasn't an election year.
Hey I made no supportive comments about Limbaugh (Hush! Limbaugh?). He's simply the future version of Moore, on the other side. Limbaugh started out high profile and controversial like Moore, now no one could give a rip what he says. Moore will be that same guy in a few years. Just takes the public some time to realize that they are all just big fat idiots that like to hear themselves talk.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:23 PM

Oh and actually, it's not just republicans sueing Moore, two of the papers involved are democratically aligned.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:05 PM

Shadow248

I know you didn't, and if you thought I was saying something to you in particular I am sorry - I wasn't.

I was referring to a general hypocrisy between the parties. One tiny example: The Democrats had to pick on Bush's military record, or rather lack thereof, and the Republicans had to pick on Kerry's medals.

I find it demeaning that our next president (and it will be one of these two guys) willfully engaged in this sort of behavior. The American public is being insulted, but I guess we're just too stupid to notice.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Hater

i'm going to run for president next time. my platform:

- kick the good-for-nothing U.N out of the U.S. (let France host those useless a$$holes for a while)

- tax breaks for performance car owners

- mandatory driving school for everyone, as well as extensive Road Etiquette training

- a $2 million cap on election campaign spending. TV ads, newspapers, however you want to spend it, but that's it. no outside advertising, only by the candidates themselves.

- no aid to illegal aliens, foreign students, etc. help out our own first.

i'm sure i could think of more.....

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-19-2004, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
I find it demeaning that our next president (and it will be one of these two guys) willfully engaged in this sort of behavior. The American public is being insulted, but I guess we're just too stupid to notice.
Ahh...but it's really the candidate's parties, and not the candidates themselves, that do the underhanded things. In fact, the candidates don't really do anything but look good, or bad. Even as president, most decisions are made by the cabinet and only conveyed through the president. So then does it really matter at all? I guess it does, because the president-elect picks his cabinet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: