Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Definition of teenage behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
I responded about the video games.

Excuse me for not posting more but I'm on my itouch and it's not easy for me to "surf".

Also.......I'm drunk.
I was not going here anymore, I was just going to 'lurk'.

You and my daughter were the only ones from the 'demographic' that responded. You and her were the ones with the LEAST amount of 'response'. So, this is NOT a valid post/pole!!

I'm OUTTA here!! Have a good life!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I was not going here anymore, I was just going to 'lurk'.

You and my daughter were the only ones from the 'demographic' that responded. You and her were the ones with the LEAST amount of 'response'. So, this is NOT a valid post/pole!!

I'm OUTTA here!! Have a good life!
I know what you mean. Alot of valid points and arguments were completely ignored, that's why I left this discusion aswell.

I'm going to have a good time with my friends now! I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 10-01-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26
Nik...good god...what you just wrote brings the same reaction. A big "huh?"
As in I have no idea what you're saying!

What you have just written is giving me the reaction of "ugh" because I am getting the impression you lack reading comprehension. Why don't you add a "durr" and a "George" in there as well.

OK Nik - "ugh" all you want. The point is, you have a very convoluted writing style. As has been written several times in this thread, if you have something to say, just say it. I think you'll learn - as you "age" - that people really don't care to decipher posts that seem to go around in circles without saying anything.
Later....

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26
Nik...good god...what you just wrote brings the same reaction. A big "huh?"
As in I have no idea what you're saying!

What you have just written is giving me the reaction of "ugh" because I am getting the impression you lack reading comprehension. Why don't you add a "durr" and a "George" in there as well.

OK Nik - "ugh" all you want. The point is, you have a very convoluted writing style. As has been written several times in this thread, if you have something to say, just say it. I think you'll learn - as you "age" - that people really don't care to decipher posts that seem to go around in circles without saying anything.
Later....

hence the emo posters because if people take the time to decipher his message and find the "hidden agenda" he has their attention... Emos love attention

Tom
Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxxx26 View Post
Later....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

--
Important points highlighted for those that do not wish or not able to digest the entire article:
Quote:
...it is characterized by difficulties in social interaction and restricted, stereotyped patterns of behavior and interests. ... atypical use of language are frequently reported.
Quote:
Researchers and people with AS have advocated a shift in attitudes toward the view that AS is a difference, rather than a disability that must be treated or cured.
Quote:
Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject, one-sided verbosity, restricted prosody, and physical clumsiness are typical of the condition
Quote:
The lack of demonstrated empathy is possibly the most dysfunctional aspect of Asperger syndrome.
Quote:
...people with AS are not usually withdrawn around others; they approach others, even if awkwardly, for example by engaging in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic while being oblivious to the listener's feelings or reactions,...
Quote:
This failure to react appropriately to social interaction may appear as disregard for other people's feelings, and may come across as insensitive.[5] The cognitive ability of children with AS often lets them articulate social norms in a laboratory context,[1] where they may be able to show a theoretical understanding of other people’s emotions; they typically have difficulty acting on this knowledge in fluid, real-life situations
Quote:
People with Asperger syndrome often display behavior, interests, and activities that are restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. ...Although these special interests may change from time to time, they typically become more unusual and narrowly focused, and often dominate social interaction
Quote:
Abnormalities include verbosity; abrupt transitions; literal interpretations and miscomprehension of nuance; use of metaphor meaningful only to the speaker; auditory perception deficits; unusually pedantic, formal or idiosyncratic speech;...
Quote:
Speech may convey a sense of incoherence; the conversational style often includes monologues about topics that bore the listener, fails to provide context for comments, or fails to suppress internal thoughts. Individuals with AS may fail to monitor whether the listener is interested or engaged in the conversation. The speaker's conclusion or point may never be made, and attempts by the listener to elaborate on the speech's content or logic, or to shift to related topics, are often unsuccessful.
Quote:
Children with AS may have an unusually sophisticated vocabulary at a young age and have been colloquially called "little professors", but have difficulty understanding figurative language and tend to use language literally.[1] Children with AS appear to have particular weaknesses in areas of nonliteral language that include humor, irony, and teasing.
Quote:
Individuals with AS often have excellent auditory and visual perception.[20] Children with ASD often demonstrate enhanced perception of small changes in patterns such as arrangements of objects or well-known images; typically this is domain-specific and involves processing of fine-grained features.[21] Conversely, compared to individuals with HFA, individuals with AS have deficits in some tasks involving visual-spatial perception, auditory perception, or visual memory.
Quote:
Delayed or mistaken diagnosis can be traumatic for individuals and families; for example, misdiagnosis can lead to medications that worsen behavior. (at the age of 12 I was incorrectly diagnosed with Schizoeffective disorder and forcefully medicated for it)
Quote:
There is some evidence that as many as 20% of children with AS "grow out" of it, and fail to meet the diagnostic criteria as adults.
Quote:
Although social impairment is lifelong, outcome is generally more positive than with individuals with lower functioning autism spectrum disorders; for example, ASD symptoms are more likely to diminish with time
Quote:
Simon Baron-Cohen has argued that AS and high-functioning autism are different cognitive styles, not disabilities, and that a diagnosis of AS/HFA should not be received as a family tragedy, but as interesting information, such as learning that a child is left-handed. According to Baron-Cohen, "people with AS/HFA might not necessarily be disabled in an environment in which an exact mind, attracted to detecting small details, is an advantage." Tony Attwood argues, "the unusual profile of abilities that we define as Asperger's syndrome has probably been an important and valuable characteristic of our species throughout evolution.
Now you know. Please do not interpret this as a self-victimization, excuse, plea for help, or cry for attention. It's information you probably did not have, use it to inform yourself.
I was diagnosed at 17 and since have been quite fully aware of everything I do, convolutions and all.

As an aside, look up the current non-musical definition of "emo" if you have to. You will find it is in stark contrast to myself.

Quote:
At the same time, use of the term "emo" expanded beyond the musical genre, which added to the confusion surrounding the term. The word "emo" became associated with open displays of strong emotion.
If anything I speak robotically, as people have been saying since I was a child. I rarely express emotion. You can see now how incredibly misguided the humor in this thread has become, and how lost it is on a person such as myself.

--
Ok sure, why not, for the new people; here is a fun thread from 2004 to look back on.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...yndrome&page=2

Enjoy.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-02-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
Now you know. Please do not interpret this as a self-victimization, excuse, plea for help, or cry for attention. It's information you probably did not have, use it to inform yourself.
I was diagnosed at 17 and since have been quite fully aware of everything I do, convolutions and all.
ah, the ol' "i has a syndrome" defense, aka Rob/Ca$h/Chicane acting like a tool and blaming it on ADD.

Quote:
As an aside, look up the current non-musical definition of "emo" if you have to. You will find it is in stark contrast to myself.

If anything I speak robotically, as people have been saying since I was a child. I rarely express emotion. You can see now how incredibly misguided the humor in this thread has become, and how lost it is on a person such as myself.
from your profile:
"Answering questions about life, while being confused about my own."
"Who, who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask. "

sounds pretty emo to me - i can picture you putting on your eyeliner and crying as you cut yourself.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
ah, the ol' "i has a syndrome" defense, aka Rob/Ca$h/Chicane acting like a tool and blaming it on ADD.
The old "compare my new nemesis to my old one because I'm lonely" routine, acting like a jerk and blaming it on other people.

Quote:
from your profile:
"Answering questions about life, while being confused about my own."
"Who, who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask. "

sounds pretty emo to me - i can picture you putting on your eyeliner and crying as you cut yourself.
Never out of character, I give you the serious answer.

The first is an attempt at irony using my own brand of humor that you can not possibly comprehend.
The second is a quote from a movie quote thread on my second favorite forum, the purpose of my using was merely to attract attention to a minor change, which you bit into hook line and sinker.
Proof: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...0&postcount=32
The quote I posted in that thread was "Yes Miss Daisy, I be honkin" from Driving Miss Daisy because it is one of the best ****ing things to be said of all time.

Now, once again I have shown how incredibly misguided you are, and as usual will probably receive no recognition for it, but suspect I will be frowned upon by the people who enjoy your very stale personality.

Good day,

BLANDshark.

HAHA BLAND rhymes with LAND and your name is LANDshark. It's true to me which also makes it hilarious.

HAHA, I laugh in your general direction and at your expense, the act of which is also funny to me, but probably to no one else, but I don't care but it's still funny to me.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-02-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: various last second additions and error correction
Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
By the way, the purpose of the poll was to find out how many assholes don't want me to post in the forum.

The answer is 4.

The question remains, did you really want to know.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

[quote=NikFu S.;566720]

HAHA, I laugh in your general direction and at your expense, the act of ..........quote]

This quote should be "I fart in your general direction...", should it not?

From the French movie Cyrano de Bergerac?

Non?

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
It should, if I were to be directly quoting it, but I used it in an altered context that suited my purposes.

Oh wait, I see a rolleyes. Perhaps I missed the subtle nuance of humor.

Good show.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Hater

Quote:
The old "compare my new nemesis to my old one because I'm lonely" routine, acting like a jerk and blaming it on other people.
nah, but i'll call out a tool if i see one, be it you, Rob, DavyGravy, etc.

Quote:
Never out of character, I give you the serious answer.

The first is an attempt at irony using my own brand of humor that you can not possibly comprehend.
oh. still looks emo.

Quote:
The second is a quote from a movie quote thread on my second favorite forum, the purpose of my using was merely to attract attention to a minor change, which you bit into hook line and sinker.
oh. you sure reeled me in! still looks emo.

Quote:
Proof: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...0&postcount=32
The quote I posted in that thread was "Yes Miss Daisy, I be honkin" from Driving Miss Daisy because it is one of the best ****ing things to be said of all time.
oh.

Quote:
Now, once again I have shown how incredibly misguided you are, and as usual will probably receive no recognition for it, but suspect I will be frowned upon by the people who enjoy your very stale personality.
oh. i got pwned.

Quote:
Good day,
BLANDshark.

HAHA BLAND rhymes with LAND and your name is LANDshark. It's true to me which also makes it hilarious.

HAHA, I laugh in your general direction and at your expense, the act of which is also funny to me, but probably to no one else, but I don't care but it's still funny to me.

alrighty then.

for future reference:

Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I have that gif, too.

Nice job on the upscale, though.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post

This quote should be "I fart in your general direction...", should it not?

From the French movie Cyrano de Bergerac?

Non?

from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:

I'm 20. You can look it up on my user profile. I was a teenager a year ago. I know how it feels.

Now, that joke you just posted was lame. This is an internet forum. Insulting other people based on their username is not mature, it's childish. Period. It doesn't take a 70 year old to figure that out.

I tried to read the previous pages of this thread and I just got too confused to follow it all. I think the overwhelming point is that if you want people to listen to you, acting civilly is the way to get it done. That's it, there's nothing to argue about.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Maniac modifier

yesterday brought me chuckles... today... a mild lol... This is getting LAME. nikfus, stop trying to make a point about the pointless.

Tom