IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
I was merely pointing out that the Murano rims that fit our cars are actually a half inch wider than commonly known, which in turn, allows you to mount a slightly wider tire than a 7 inch wide rim. Also, it has the same width as stock SVX wheels, which matters to some people.

Also, for the record, offset being the same by no means guarantees that a given rim will fit, particularly if the rim in question is wider than stock.

No offense, and I know you're only trying to help, but reading one 'For Dummies' book by no means makes you an expert on the subject.
I got all my info out side of the "for dummies". I did my research when it came to tires and had talked to a couple people that work at tire shops and NO not some guy at a Sear with a Civic. I'm just saying in a matter of planning how people look at their cars it's a good idea. Some people go out and say they want this and that and won't see things coming. The guy that did the writeup is infact a pro by the name of David Vespremi. While we do have a lot of this type of guy on the forums like Tom and the other big guys there are guys that don't. It's just a helpful pick up and glance through not a how to book. And if someone just goes around looking for rims he finds sitting around and happens to find a set with a neutral offset that is infact too wide of a rim for the SVX he'll be a one of. The wheel wells are very wide in the SVX. Most car have to go to a widebody fender just to accomidate something like a 215. So in a sence yes having the same offset and diameter is fine. There's a guy with a porche Carrera S in my area with 11" wide rear tires and that something you have to custom order. Most of these people are seeing what they find from other people. Not very likely you'll have some guy come up to you and offer to sell their $900 set of 11" tires for your SVX. So in the words of the charecter David Rimmer of Red Dwarf(BBC show) SHMEG OFF! ..... Yes I sometimes react like this sometimes to people reacting to my coments and input. So sorry if anyone gets put off by it.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Wrong mixx of Red Dwarf names

That's actually David Lister not Rimmer. Rimmer was the holographic seniour officer in comand. I know at least one person on site would have corrected me as his icon in that of Cat another "crew member" if you can call a black guy with fangs chacing anything female a crew mwmber
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf
It's just a helpful pick up and glance through not a how to book.

So in the words of the charecter David Rimmer of Red Dwarf(BBC show) SHMEG OFF! ..... Yes I sometimes react like this sometimes to people reacting to my coments and input. So sorry if anyone gets put off by it.
Nemesis Destiny was merely stating that a single book does not make one an expert on any subject. Your response is not appropriate for this site. Settle down or I or one of the other mods will be forced to take further action. This is merely a warning and request to not take offense so quickly.

Thank you,
Todd
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Appologies to present parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat??
Nemesis Destiny was merely stating that a single book does not make one an expert on any subject. Your response is not appropriate for this site. Settle down or I or one of the other mods will be forced to take further action. This is merely a warning and request to not take offense so quickly.

Thank you,
Todd
Sincerest appolagies I didn't mean to be as abrasive in my reaction. I don't like when people respond to me like I'm an idiot. I'm sorry for extending my rebutle into harsh ... umm.. "tones"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
i'ts always hard to really get at one's response from only reading text. we can all read something and get something different off of it, since it's only text with no tone or facial expression to see what is really being expressed
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
This thread was hard to find ... until I included the "general babble" forum in the search. Shouldn't this be in "Technical Q&A"?

While searching, I ran across this thread:
Are there any camber/castor plates that would work on the SVX?
It was mentioned that there were camber bolts made for the Legacy (found on eBay) that work on the SVX.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:07 AM

bumpers and hoods

I got a question. Anyone knows if any hoods or bumpers from other subarus will fit the svx? Maybe a hood with a scoop, but a big scoop but along the lines of the outback sedan style. I bet it would give the svx an agressive look to put the outback bumper on the svx and the hood.

Im doing some planning for it since i need a new paint job and some son of a****** must have jumped on my hood one night, its really dinged up.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbach123
I bet it would give the svx an agressive look to put the outback bumper on the svx and the hood.
Ya mean...like this?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 AM

Registered SVX
I actually went through the motors manual and wrote down all of the parts which were interchangeable with other Subarus, but the list is at home right now and I'm at work. I only included things that were relatively expensive to replace (more than $50.00 or so), like sensors, etc., that could be salvaged from other cars in salvage yards which are more plentiful than SVXs and eaisier to find.

When I have time , I'll post them.

I posted this in another thread a few months ago:

"We have a 1995 motors manual and it states that the knock sensors from the SVX are identical (same part number) as the '95 Impreza (2.2 L engine) and the '90-'95 Legacy. Original Part Number is 22060aa030, which has been allegedly superceded by Part Number is 22060AA031.

There may be other (later) models that match, but our book only goes to 1995."

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
I posted this in another thread a few months ago: [knock sensors]
That would this thread: knock sensor

According to the parts search at SubaruGenuineParts.com, the newer part number, 22060AA031, is also used in:
  • Impreza 1995-1996
  • Legacy 1990-1996
  • SVX 1992-1997
We'd definitely love to see your interchange list, Diana!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Ya mean...like this?
ALMOST Exactly like that!!! Where did you get that done and what parts did you use? and how much did it cost?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbach123
ALMOST Exactly like that!!! Where did you get that done and what parts did you use? and how much did it cost?
It's not my car, try to search for user "Andivic". More pics are in his locker, here. I'm not sure if he's still on the network, but he grafted the Outback bumper to his bumper and the scoop is from a WRX I believe.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
I asked Andivic about that modification a while back. Totally custom job done by a body shop; he assures me that it is not easy to do for the "backyard bodyman" nor was it cheap to have professionally done. Are the results worth it? I think so, but you be the judge
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo View Post
Ya mean...like this?
This is what The_Hunter was doing last we checked. He's doing it all himself.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 AM

that black car looks awesome too. the bumper looks really low. I already banged up my regular bumper just going over some bumps or comming out of driveways.

While we are on the subject of stuff like that anyone remember the celica and supra mirrors that had the whole aerodynamic design?

http://www.pitstopautoparts.com/images/mirrors.jpg
http://www.car-stuff.com/images/part.../mp-mirror.jpg

Kind of like those. I believe the last one was right before the celica got the facelift. I bet those would look pretty good on the svx too.
I really need to find a diy buddy whos good at this stuff and a cheap junk year. Im currently with the starving artist job title.