Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Brilliant BMW owners

Man jailed after filming himself driving 140 mph

EmailPrint..– Sun Feb 13, 1:13 am ET
PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) – A man who filmed the speedometer of his car while driving more than 140 miles per hour so he could post it on YouTube, ended up in jail on Saturday and the video confiscated, police said.

Stanislav Vadimovich Bakanov was pulled over by police on Oregon Interstate 5 after he was clocked driving his black 2005 BMW at 118 mph. He filmed Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Postlewait as he approached the car.

When Postlewait asked why he was videotaping, Bakanov said he was filming his speedometer, and his arrest, to post on Youtube. The video later revealed that Bakanov had attained speeds in excess of 140 mph.

He was arrested and confined in Marion County jail Saturday night, charged with reckless driving and speeding. It was his third speeding incident in the past year. The video was confiscated and will be used as evidence against him.

Marion County Police spokesman Don Thompson said winds were gusting at up to 50 mph during the day.

"There were tree branches down on the freeway. To be driving at these speeds today was just plain crazy," he said.

(Reporting by Dan Cook; Editing by Greg McCune)