Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2007, 05:59 PM

My Svx FWD to AWD Manual swap progress

I got a couple of days worth of work into the car over the past 2 weekends. The fabrication of the pedal assmbly was probably the most tricky thing i have come accross yet. When something looks right, it usually isnt, and constant removal of the pedal assmbly, and constanly putting it back in to lengthen extend, etc. But today i finally got it all squeezed in there. I got both my bolt to go thru the firewall in their own mounting points. From what i could see in TomSVX pics, is was high, and from what i can see only 1 bolt is actually going thru the firewall, I may be wrong but again im just going off pics that i have seen in the turtorial. I ended up shorning the Brake master cylnder bolt by about 8 threads so that it would clear the pedal assymbly so the pin would go thru the hole. The Clutch master cylnder was way short of the clutch pedal point so i had to lengthen the push rod about 1 1/2 in so it would meet up with the pedal assmbly. All in all i got them all in there. And best of all its functional and it works. Lots of fabrication had to be done to the 2004 wrx pedal assym frame itself. Way to short in stock for to even fit. What i did was use both the original frame and the wrx to lengthen the part where it bolts to the firewall to the master cylnder about 1 1/2'' . The 2 bolts that go thru the firewall to the clutch master cylnder was lengthened a good bit. Over 2'' i believe it was.

Im posting some pics to all those who may be interested below of the progress so far. I should be done i hope by next weekend. Just gotta put the tranny in, install custon tranny x member, drive shaft, and swap svx rear ends. I think i can accomplish that in a weekend :-)

Last edited by noitseuq; 02-18-2007 at 06:04 PM.