Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

. . . And for the people who are inferring that I have my head up my ass...

- Ca$h
As the duly appointed vocabulary monitor for the day, I must point out that the proper word is "implying", not "inferring".

Does this sound like I'm trying to stir **** up?
2001 Outback Sport
Old 01-16-2003, 03:58 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
Ca$h, just one question: if you're so unhappy with how you're supposedly treated on this board, why do you still hang around? I sure as heck would leave if I felt I was being unfairly treated, true or not.

~~Michelle
1. I like SVXs
2. I like the people here
3. I like the information here
4. I DONT like it when people who I normally like jump back to their old uninformed ignorant "Ca$h is a dickhead" stance. When have I been a jerk?

- Ca$h
Old 01-16-2003, 03:58 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick Young

As the duly appointed vocabulary monitor for the day, I must point out that the proper word is "implying", not "inferring".

Does this sound like I'm trying to stir **** up?
Thanks. I was having a brain fart, I knew it started with an I though.

- Ca$h
Old 01-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Green1995SVX

You know, I got complaints about both those threads, so I locked them. Then I got complaints that the one was locked so I unlocked it.

I had people complaining to me about the fact that things were being posted over and over, so i put up the thing about using the search button and that got people upset. I dont know what to do to please everyone.

I got multiple suggestions today to open an off-topic forum. Should we?

Mike
Old 01-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
maybe it's impossible to please everyone. I'm sorry that I brought up my complaint this way. I think that it's something that we might have to deal with. I'm fairly new so I don't know how it was, but I think that opening an off topic forum might work, but it might just make that forum be all "flame-wars." I'm really not sure, I like the way it is, but I still think that if people were to just ignore things that were dumb, it wouldn't be necessary.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 01-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I dont know what to do to please everyone.

Don't try. It's a waste of time. Do what you think is right and if someone comes to you with a convincing argument to the contrary, change what you did.

What's that old Ricky (back when he WAS Ricky) Nelson song?

"Well, you can't please everyone, so you've
Got to please yourself."

You have a sometimes-frustrating job here, and you do it well (all the moderators on this forum do).

Besides - what good is power if you can't abuse it once in a while?
2001 Outback Sport
Old 01-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
You know what happens when annoying things are ignored? They usually, eventually, go away.

I understand the automatic response to something you don't agree with. I understand the jump to defend yourself or your point when it's questioned. I realize that the temptation is sometimes just too hard to resist.

Yet, doesn't it make sense to just ignore certain things? We all know that certain people just feed off the arguments and confrontation. Stop feeding it, ignore it, and it will eventually stop.

Ca$h, just one question: if you're so unhappy with how you're supposedly treated on this board, why do you still hang around? I sure as heck would leave if I felt I was being unfairly treated, true or not.

~~Michelle

There will always be at least one person who will be unable to "ignore," with this many members, and it only takes one person to touch things off.

Diplomatic appeals have failed. Requests for removal have fallen on deaf ears. I've lost my patience.

I think back on what the board has been for almost three years and I think of it over the past few months and I just lose it. An occasional "troll" here and there can be entertaining, and it's usually a short-lived occurance. The thought of having to continually deal with negativity and hostility is about more than I can stand.

Yes. The unhappy can leave. I've tried to weather this "phase" but am becoming weary of it. I am just short of the borderline of unhappiness. Perhaps it's time for me to resign this board. It's been fun, up 'til now.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Hater

an O/T forum might not be a bad idea. although "General SVX Babble" threads would still meander O/T, the topics, such as computers, music, other cars, politics, movies, jokes, etc. wouldn't be showing up. its seems alot of the time, people just want to B.S. with other SVX owners about stuff, and that's where they could do it. the other forums could then be more SVX and Subaru oriented. i often wander over to the i-club's O/T forum - it can be funny, informative and annoying all at the same time.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Green1995SVX

Alan, I agree with you 110%

Mike
Old 01-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I agree with Mike and Alan 120%. We should create an O/T genneral b.s. forum. Anything remotly SVX can be here and all other totaly O/T stuff can be there, trolls can hang out there.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

There will always be at least one person who will be unable to "ignore," with this many members, and it only takes one person to touch things off.

Diplomatic appeals have failed. Requests for removal have fallen on deaf ears. I've lost my patience.

I think back on what the board has been for almost three years and I think of it over the past few months and I just lose it. An occasional "troll" here and there can be entertaining, and it's usually a short-lived occurance. The thought of having to continually deal with negativity and hostility is about more than I can stand.

Yes. The unhappy can leave. I've tried to weather this "phase" but am becoming weary of it. I am just short of the borderline of unhappiness. Perhaps it's time for me to resign this board. It's been fun, up 'til now.
Randy, I can only hope that you stay as you've been one of the most "fun" members here. However, I happen to agree with you. It's because the SVX crowd is getting younger and flocking to this board. This sort of thing is bound to happen as the SVX becomes more affordable. I know I'm not completely innocent. While I don't think I've ever deliberately tried to start an argument here, I may have responded inappropriately to what I felt was an attack. For all the times I’ve done that I apologize.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 01-16-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Green1995SVX

Davie--

I agree so much with you. I am so sad to see these fine cars getting inexpensive enough for people who dont appreciate what they truely are to afford. I hope that the true enthusiasts here hang onto their svx's so that some are maintained for the future.

Mike.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
For the most

part this is forum/site/network is a joy. It has helped me with my car so many times I've lost count. I seem not to be bothered any longer by our troll (since I found the ignore button).

We are having a problem like this at the work place right now. It seems that the young guys don't want to learn... they want to dictate... you see at 18-24 or so we all know everything! I know I did. The difference is with the "PC" attitude that has developed if you point out to these children that maybe they could larn a thing or two by shutting up and listening without offering their opinion every five minutes, they march off to HR and complain.... Anybody guess what happens then?...... Right, the manager is called in to HR to listen to the HR director talk to them about "diversity, tolerance and lawsuits.. ".

#1, Randy if you go .... I go..... I'll start my own SVX club as I love the car. I've enjoyed your wisdom and enthusiasm!

#2, Mike a bad thread will kill itself...... (I know... look at all of the threads that I was the last poster on! )

#3, $VX---- This person is on your Ignore List. .... I've not had to read your posts. They get quoted by people that I don't ignore... That's how I see our troll (a poster that posts just to incite others) is still his same young self..... it would seem that it's not your off topic posts.... it's you.......to bad so sad.... The fact that single handedly you seem to be driving the President away is shameful.... lose the ‘tude... dude! Please?

#4, Everyone. Post anything you like! (My opinion) Most of us are adults here. We can choose what to read and what to ignore... (I'm sure there are some that are ignoring THIS!) The only reason this site exists is our car..... it's the binding thread of the Network. Even the O/T threads are discussions between two people who like the car.... so they are not off topic... (at least in the General Babble forum!)
Thank you all for your help on my cars.... I hope to see you at a meet soon.... ALL OF YOU!

/rant

joeaux
Stock, stock, and stock!

Ahhh. The spelling fun we had over in the Yahoo club in "the early days". Before everyone got so damned serious! The good ole' days.
-joe-

ever, Transformers. Subaru SVX --- The Beauty Of All Wheel Drive.
"Judges Disqualify 'Little Milton' In Last Minute Rumpus".
The St. Cleve Chronicle; Friday, January 7th 1972
------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

06-11-2001 10:57 AM

quoted from Eddycats Garage! (a closed forum)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Last edited by Uncamitzi; 01-16-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Don't even think about it....

<Perhaps it's time for me to resign this board>

Negatory there, Sir Aredub of Jay.....

Take a sip of some of Kentucky's finest and remember all your friends here. I mean....to whom would we address all our questions about zebras?

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Green1995SVX

My post frequency has really declined, and so has my visitation to this site. I have been thinking of leaving all together myself, but I'm trying not to.

Mike