SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2002, 09:21 AM
DNSB

O/T Oh The Feeling Of Winning

I've finally got a racing 'pal'
The other day I was driving around Craig America with a friend, when we spotted 3 cars who were following us. (FINALLY someone follows me!)
It turns out they were just friends of my friend.....Anywho She said that they wanted to race me. I thought it was BS, because his car 'looks' nicer than mine, I thought there was no way I"d win.
So we get to a stop light, and I rolled down my window to try to talk to this fool. He just smiled.
So when the light turned green we took off in a flash, well I did, he was too busy scwealing his tires.
Make a long story short, he didn't have a chance.
I whipped his ass! ;o) It felt so good!
Now I want something more of a challenge, like a faster car than a '00 Honda Civic.

Just wanted to brag a while.

~Deja~
Old 12-13-2002, 11:52 AM

and so you should brag, the best part about winning is showing up a person that didn't think you had it in you! good show!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:01 PM
$VX

Dude. Cool I guess... but... it was a civic. :\

Whats even more disturbing is that you thought that it 'looks' nicer than an SVX. :\

- Ca$h
Old 12-13-2002, 04:03 PM
cjoffe

Did he say 'Nicer' or 'Ricer'? It is a civic , after all!

CJ
Old 12-14-2002, 11:40 AM
DNSB

The paint job is nicer than mine is.
He put up a good fight, after all, it was my first race.
I was pretty proud, he said he even had a turbo. Come to find out, they don't make turbos for Honda's (Or maybe just that car)
He didn't have a chance in the world. I was doing 80 before anyone knew it!

~Deja~
Old 12-14-2002, 01:39 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
he coulda had a greddy(or similiar) turbo kit, but those cars are fairly fast even with the basic kit. I raced an 99-Si civic with the greddy kit in my 16g GST, its a Tdo5 mitsu turbo, whith a 4cm exhuast housing, good sized turbo. Just cant run much boost, even with his fmic he could only push 6 psi. after that you run into high-comp related problems. It wasnt really close, but i didnt kill him.
phil
Old 12-14-2002, 01:56 PM
$VX

I doubt he had a turbo. Anyway... eh... civics are slow man. Challenge anyone you see, 99% of them are freaking pathetic. Occasionally you come across someone who actually has a fast one, but most of the time they're slugs.

- Ca$h
Old 12-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Exclamation don't get too excited now....

Glad to hear you got a win your first time. I'd expect it up against a civic (doubt it was turbo). The SVX is a fast car, not a quick car, but it will go really fast. What I mean is, off the line the SVX is respectably an "o.k. " starter (unless it's has been raining, then of course it's better than any 2WD), but anyways, don't underestimate every 4 cyclinder you pull up next to, cuz from experience I've been embarrased.... here's the list....

Beat me good off the line and they won 1/4 mile distance-- 97 Integra GSR, '02 Nissan Sentra SER, (here's an 8 cyclinder for you and 4-door) '95 4.9 Liter Big Ole Cadillac, '97 Prelude V-Tec, '93 Prelude w/engine swap to non-Vtec H20 motor (about 160 hp), Acura RSX, Honda S2000.

What I'm trying to say is that the SVX isn't super fast off the line, but most of it's impressive power will come around 50 mph and up... the SVX at this point will beat most of the cars listed above (except for Acura RSX, and S2000). Whenever someone is trying to get me to race them and I know that they will absolutely win...I just think of this about that other person, "well, everyone and their momma has a car like what you've got" So be careful what you think would be faster cars to race... they might just suprise you!
-SVXJoe
Old 12-15-2002, 12:30 PM
$VX

Don't race a 5spd neon. I know for a fact that my 5spd SOHC neon was much quicker than the SVX to about 50-60mph.

- Ca$h
Old 12-15-2002, 08:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Civics are equivalent with neons, they both suck ass. Yeah you can rant a little about beating it, but come on there totally out of the svx's league. Civics and neons are econo box pieces of crap.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:04 PM

oh and i've driven a 5sp neon r/t. no way can they compete with an svx. $vx i have no idea where your coming from with that crap about 5spd's faster. But then again......
Old 12-15-2002, 09:00 PM
$VX

I'll respectfully disagree with both of you. Road and track tested the R/T (98) and it did a 0-60 sprint of 7.5 seconds, which is right in line with the SVX. The SVX and hte neon have almost identical power/weight ratios, and while the SVX has superior traction, it also has one of the WORST transmissions for street light racing known to man. The gearing on the SVX is just SOOOO steep....

and civics? Please. They have no torque. Neons can run 15.5s stock, just with slicks. So yeah, you guys obviously are kinda ignorant in this case.

- Ca$h
Old 12-15-2002, 09:15 PM
FifthElement

Good work!

I went up against a Jetta recently and came away with the W. At start it was nearly neck and neck - at start.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Come on cash, where do you get these idea? My other car, that right now doesnt have insurance but anyways is a '87 Nissan pulsar it has a 1.6L about a 98hp rated engine and it will beat a neon every time i have raced one. I know mine was pushing like 115hp or so but still it beat a neon and i wouldnt even compeat with a SVX using my Pulsar, SVX would win strait up. and compare a 94 neon vs my 87 Pulsar and see who has nicer ride and interior, the pulsar is nicer...and t-tops are great in the summer.
Out of all three though the SVX is tops.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:21 PM

Yeah that's with a professional R/T driver. R/T quoted the svx at high 6's, not blindingly faster, but still faster. The svx will out run any neon on a windy road and will kill it in top end. So where exactly is this neon in the same league with an svx? Iam not trying to dilude your perception of the all mighty neon, although in my opinion they're **** but that's my opinion, but in a logical and informed arena any knowledgable person will hands down praise the svx much higher than the svx. Has a neon ever been compared to a porshe or jaguar? No, it's in a league of Hyundai's and Mazda MP3's.