Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
AUX input + CD player delete + pocket

Ok, so this weekend I replaced the audio stuff in my 97. I kept the stock head unit though and made an AUX cord out of the plug that plugs the stock CD player into the head unit, and put in a pocket. After thinking for a while where to put the button that switches the AUX input, I figured I'd just epoxy it to the top right corner of the pocket, and I like how it turned out. The AUX cord I just let come out behind the glove box. Here's a pic:

I'll be doing a group buy for kits for these here. They'll be $35 for one with the AUX jack + button + pocket, or $50 for one with the dual USB charger too + $5 shipping.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Registered SVX
Re: AUX input + CD player delete + pocket

I really like the stock head unit. None of the new style of head units look right in the car. They don't have that 90s look. That green glow that matches the other lights in the car. But it needs an AUX input of some kind to be updated. All any head unit does anymore anyway, cheapest or most expensive is take audio from a phone or ipod and hand it to the speakers anyway. May as well look like it belongs.

The rest of the system is the polk/momo speakers that came with the white SVX I bought years ago. They're still great. Plus an 8-inch polk sub + amp. When I got the 97, only the door speakers worked, and they were so crappy. It has 11 speakers now total: 2 tweeters in the dash, 2 door speakers, 2 3-way 6x9s in the deck, and the sub. I could not be happier with how it looks/sounds. It was a good weekend.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Just wanted to butt in and say welcome back. I have missed your informative posts and now, an intriguing mod.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 04-17-2014, 05:32 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
Just wanted to butt in and say welcome back. I have missed your informative posts and now, an intriguing mod.
Gene
Thanks, man. I needed to spend some time away from the internet to work on my masters thesis. And the wife had a baby in November, so I've been super busy getting to know my new little dude. Currently job hunting on top of that, but I've finally had some time to turn a little attention back to my favorite hobby. I'll be posting whenever I've got some time but probably never as much as I had been. Grad school's over and real life has arrived.