How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 AM

Registered SVX
Eclipse EA4100 RCA issue

I have an eclipse EA4100 amplifier that I am using in my car. I have had grounding issues and tracked it down to 2 things. My RCA's had a gash in them, I am going to replace them with higher quality 4-channel monster RCA's. So, that takes care of the first issue.

However, the next problem has me stumped. The RCA inputs on the amp itself are faulty. Both channels have one RCA where the ground sleeve has come loose from the rest of the assembly. They are still connected, but they shift in and out of being properly grounded. Needless to say, the issue causes an AWFUL whine through the speakers.

I either need to replace the parts, or I can buy cheap RCA inputs and solder them directly to the board, and have a sh*tty looking setup. Looks are not that big of an issue, but I would rather it be correct.

Anyone have any idea where I can find the correct replacement part? I am going to get in contact with eclipse to see if they can provide it, but I thought maybe someone here would have contacts or possible just be an electronics hoarder and have what I am looking for. I can post pics of the component if somebody thinks they may be able to help.

Thanks in advance everyone.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Eclipse EA4100 RCA issue

Why not solder a couple short RCA input lines and leave them dangling a couple inches out of the amp. If you use good lines that look right for it then it should look less ghetto than some plugs that don't quite fit. And I don't know how your audio stuff is set up (my 2 amps are in spare tire well), but I always find that it's easier to work with short leads than plugs. Just get one more of the monster RCA cables to sacrifice for it. Then they'll match too.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: