How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2002, 09:46 AM

new times

went to the 1/4 mile track last night and did two runs. after the work was done to my car, my time decreased by almost a second. so my mechanic was right... i lost to a Z28 and a Trans with Ram air...like i really had a chance in the first place. i still had a lot of fun. there were a few heads turning my way when i entered. "HOLY SH*T, it's a SVX!" a few interested ppl. one guy told me that he had been looking for one for a long time, i told him to log on here. another guy told me something about the 92's getting their paint recalled, i don't know how true that is, could someone tell me? my best time was 16.7. with a r/t of 1.005 or something like that. which isn't all that good, but it had been a long day. my other run was like 16.840....

there was some really awesome cars. to many to list... you know the type, mustangs, camaros, ect. lot of them with some major engine work done and it really showed.

thanks, Matt and the misses for coming out...and next time, don't wuss out! don't forget to try out the duct tape! "am i seeing double???"

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So do you notice any difference through normal driving now that your engine is running properly?
Old 08-24-2002, 11:47 AM

i honestly did not notice any difference in normal driving, but my times have shown me quite a difference

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:44 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I just dumped a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in this tank of gas. I hope I notice a difference in either power, economy or both since I doubt anything like this was ever done to my car before I bought it.

I could tell the difference between a good gas and a bad gas though. Most of the gas I find here is bad gas (or at least that's what my car tells me).
Old 08-25-2002, 09:58 AM
Ca$h

Mustangs Camaros. Blech. See any mopars? Better yet; see any cars that you didn't recognize schooling mustangs and camaros? that was probably an ol' mopar.

- Ca$h
Old 08-25-2002, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
Mustangs Camaros. Blech. See any mopars? Better yet; see any cars that you didn't recognize schooling mustangs and camaros? that was probably an ol' mopar.

- Ca$h
actually, the Moreparts were taken by pickups

the motorcyclists were just crazy! wheelie bars and all! i couldn't believe that ppl would actually strap on a leather suit and hit speeds like they did....NUTS!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 08-26-2002, 07:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
hi kelli your r.t is quite a bit off im shure u dont go to the track verry often at all . but its all abought practice. the 1st time i btought the svx to speed world down here in orlando every one was intrested in the car after a few good runs i was able to get it to a 15.3

all it does is take practice your car should be alot quiker then that. ohh it doesnt hurt to run 107 octane at the track u will shave a couple tenths off

the 1st time i brought my race dsm out i ran in the 15s with it was pretty sad for almost a 400 hp car but after lots of practicing i was able to set new records with it,

practice practice practice =>
Old 08-26-2002, 12:43 PM
Ca$h

Please ignore any reccommendations regarding 'octane' when posted by SolarSVX.

- Ca$h
Old 08-26-2002, 12:52 PM

Registered SVX
hey cash how old are u ???? im curous

shi if u like i can scan in the time slips with pump gas and 107 octane u wil see the couple tenths difrences. this is a fact i have many years expereince with this.

again im tired of repeating my self cash have some respect
Old 08-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Ca$h

Even if you put 300 octane gas in your car it would NOT MAKE IT FASTER. The ONLY repeat ONLY thing octane does is prevent knocking. SOOOOOOO if you have an extremely high compression engine, or a turbo'd or sc'd car you NEED high octane to prevent detonation. If you are NOT getting any engine knock with your current gas, a gas with a higher octane will do NOTHING except waste your money. I've proven this to you in previous posts, and the only thing you've proven is that you don't listen to logic and reasoning.

- Ca$h
Old 08-26-2002, 01:13 PM

Registered SVX
cash not going through 10 postings on arguing with u . u are the most suborn person there is i have seen.

who cares whows right or whos wrong. i just know what it has done for me. so argue with yourself to the ground

again how old are u ?????

and i gaurantee the way u been talking to me u wouldnt not be saying in my face. "gaurantee" so u can have all the balls u think u have and talk yourself to the ground no one cares.

end of this discusion
Old 08-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Ca$h

I don't think 'age' matters. I think intelligence does. I've PROVEN what octane is, and what different octane ratings mean, but you completely ignore them and continue to preach your stupid ill informed opinions about octane. I'm most likely younger than you, and most likely a lot smarter than you. Usually the use of English and the number of spelling mistakes is directly related to the intelligence of the person typing, and considering you spell like a third grader.... I can only assume your level of intelligence.

- Ca$h

PS: Its "GUARANTEE".

PPS: Go back and reread what I posted in the octane thread. Wait. No. You won't, you'll just remain ignorant.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa070401a.htm

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/octane.htm

I think the last article says it best:

"In fact, in most cases, using a higher octane gasoline than your owner’s manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won’t make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage or run cleaner. Your best bet: listen to your owner’s manual."

Solar, look, I'm not trying to pick sides or get anybody pissed off. But, everything I know about chemistry, everything I know about how an engine works and every bit of documentation I can find supports ca$h's statements.

Now, if you have time slips that show an improvement on 107 octane fuel, that's fine. But I submit that it is far more likely that there were other factors involved, and that the fuel offered you no benefit. Maybe you had less fuel in the tank, making the car lighter. Maybe the temperature was lower that day. Maybe you reacted faster. Who knows? But, unless you went to the track and did comparisons between the two fuels in a controlled situation and documented your results, I see no reason to put a fuel in my tank that, I contend, won't ignite properly.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-26-2002, 01:51 PM

Registered SVX
pockets it might be cause of the lighter tank i only ruin half and half mis so 2 gallons of pump gas 2 gallons of race gas.. i will admit whene im wrong cash can be verry well right i just from the facts of runing quiker..

i know for turbo cars yes higher octane is better. on n.a cars not 100% u can be right maybe its just the the tank being empty less weight..

my question is why do cars require 93 octane over reguler fuels? im shure its cause its just a cleaner better burning fuel.

as for 107 octane i can also see it cleaning the engine out. more explosive fuel.

cash i would have easily said u where right if u acted in a mature way..

now enough to stooping to cash levels and act our ages. "cash"

cash whene u say "i win again" thats being a asshole.. so in the future be a man not a asshole.

mr pockets. ill agree. was doing something thinking on it.. wont help for 1/4 times just the lightness of my fuel tank probably did it.

cash lets put this childish behind us.. i agree im just as guilty.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Ca$h

They require 93 octane because if you put fuel with LESS octane in it the kinda high compression of hte SVX engine causes "Knocking" so the engines knock sensors retard the timing a bit, and effectively detune your engine to put up with the crappy fuel. HOWEVER, the engine was designed to accept premium, and if you put race gas in it (the higher octane ONLY preventing knocking/detonation in race engines) the you are not putting "HIGHER POWERED" fuel in it, you are putting fuel with MORE DETONATION PREVENTION in it. And like I've previously said, higher octane does NOT mean cleaner fuel. AT ALL. Course, Solar will probably ignore this too.

Solar: Stooping to my levels? Acting immature? I acted perfectly mature, and I typed about 2 pages of information about gasoline for you. You ignored them completley. I still remained civil. Eventually, after me PROVING to you that high octane does NOTHING, with you continuing to ignore me, yes, I will get annoyed with your ignorance. But I'm not 'stooping', I'm mereley helping you learn something that thus far you've completley refused to accept.

- Ca$h