SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

View Poll Results: Are you offended by this?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
So far, 75% of people (not you) say yes, and I havent voted yet...

So am I still a facist? lol
According to our common law I already won. I got 1 person who finds that it isn't offensive. The jury is now hung (since I chose not to take a jury by the judge and jury, YOU!

Yes, you would still be a facist Chris.

BTW Check out my new sig. It'll take me a while to update 4500 posts with it but it that's what it takes. I've abided by your wishes, You just didn't like my new signature which as you can see others find just fine. I've been taking a hard stance against parts dismantlers for 4500 posts. Have you cared? I've met ya and seen your car. To me, it is a parts car to some people, if people don't encourage them to stay on the road and use legal dismantlers on totalled cars then in 10 years I won't be able to get a part. I have a lot at stake, as do you even if you don't realize it yet. When you need that window seal in 10 years then you'll realize just how shortsighted you are.

VOTE FOR RON PAUL FOR 08! AT LEAST HE'S NOT A FACIST!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
I have no moral problem with someone choosing to part out a car that they themselves paid for. It happens all the time with lots of different cars, just because someone bought an SVX, that happens to be rare & loved, they suddenly aren't 'allowed' to make money off it when it becomes undriveable/unfixable?

Anyway, they are making my particular car rarer, which, being the selfish creature I am, will be benfeficial to me when I go to sell the care, since less numbers = higher prices = more money for me...
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
According to our common law I already won. I got 1 person who finds that it isn't offensive. The jury is now hung (since I chose not to take a jury by the judge and jury, YOU!

Yes, you would still be a facist Chris.
Well, I am back from my Meet and have a good internet connection so I can post now.

FIRST - This is not a matter of voting whether or not it offends anyone and if the vote says not, have at it. This is a forum with rules, and if the post does not meet the standard, it get MODERATED. It does not make a person a FACIST. The site is not ruled by Common Law.

We have been getting PMs from members who are tired of this whole thing of members pointing fingers and calling of names. They are tired of it and I guess it is time I become "The BAD GUY" and get this under control. Some of the members are my friends who I have met and I am dissapointed that I will have to scold some of them. If they leave, I am sorry, but this must get under control for the good of the family. Remember, spare the rod and spoil the SVXWN member.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
I have no moral problem with someone choosing to part out a car that they themselves paid for. It happens all the time with lots of different cars, just because someone bought an SVX, that happens to be rare & loved, they suddenly aren't 'allowed' to make money off it when it becomes undriveable/unfixable?
But that's just it. It's not because it's unfixable. People are parting COMPLETE cars, that only need a few simple fixes. For instance, some people part out CLEAN, RUNNING SVXs merely because the transmission is bad. Or because it has a rust spot. It's just really really really annoying when people do that, because that is ONE less car that is going to be on the road! Forever!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
It really started with mike Davis, the it went to dunebuggy supply then the vineland guys, then budfreak as well. There comes a time when someone has just had enough of seeing this kind of thing happen and asks other not to support the decision to part out cars and asks them to STOP buying parts from these people as to make them find a new way of doing things. I personally have had enough, I will not buy parts from any car-parter unless it is a junkyard or a car I know cannot be saved (roll-over etc...) This is the attitude I have adopted and I ask that others that feel the same way adopt the same policy. If not, all efforts are futile.

It is a free world and it is your car, your money, and your decision. But with that liberty, I have the same right to do whatever in my power to try and stop it simply by boycotting the sales of parted cars and suggesting others do as well.

Tom
Damn, but you're starting to talk more and more like a school teacher
-Bill
p.s. I agree and subscribe to everything you've stated above

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
But that's just it. It's not because it's unfixable. People are parting COMPLETE cars, that only need a few simple fixes. For instance, some people part out CLEAN, RUNNING SVXs merely because the transmission is bad. Or because it has a rust spot. It's just really really really annoying when people do that, because that is ONE less car that is going to be on the road! Forever!
Ok, just send them some money when they need a new transmission. I don't like to see members part out a SVX either, but what does a person do when nobody wants to buy the car and they don't have the money to fix it? I don't think part it, but I just want you to think about that.

I have kept several of mine on the road by doing just that. Fixing them up and I try to do that whenever I can.

The whole point to this is that it is not so much the parting of the SVXs, but the name calling and insults that some members have gone to. If you don't like them to part out the car, then don't buy parts from them.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Ok, just send them some money when they need a new transmission. I don't like to see members part out a SVX either, but what does a person do when nobody wants to buy the car and they don't have the money to fix it? I don't think part it, but I just want you to think about that.

I have kept several of mine on the road by doing just that. Fixing them up and I try to do that whenever I can.

The whole point to this is that it is not so much the parting of the SVXs, but the name calling and insults that some members have gone to. If you don't like them to part out the car, then don't buy parts from them.
That's it though... people DO want to buy the car, minus the cost of a new transmission. So about $1000-1500 for a clean example, with bad transmission. Sound fair? Of course it does. But the seller, having paid much more than this, does not want to sell it for such a littel amount of money (even though it's fair), so instead parts it out to make $2000+ in parts... .and all the car needed was a transmission! Instead of a good 5spd candidate, it's now DEAD, gone forever, and it's remenants will be crushed.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
There is an eBay seller who states in their ad "Don't waste your time trying to get parts from the dealer! And forget about the junkyard selling parts off a car thats been sitting for 3 to 5 years rusting and rotting, This car is running! "

These are the people who offend me. There are enough broken SVXi sitting in salvage yards to scavenge parts off of. Leave the RUNNING ones alone!

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
devil's advocate...How do you know the cars didn't pass inspection?

I do agree with Alan....If a person wants to turn an svx into a tank, then so be it...if they want to part it out then so be it....they were there first to find that car and the first to submit a payment to the seller, so they should be able to do whatever they want to with it. Most members on here such as I would love to keep these vehicles on the road...others may want to get creative and do something else with it...or even have parts available to keep other cars of their own working or parts available for others.
Well this is quite foolish to say the least. I love this website and try to log on everyday. This is to be a family website even though mine are way too young to get on board. This behavior I try to deter in my house hold because it’s just plain nonsense. I enjoyed the professionalism the site has taken. I for one would hate to see this site gone.

There is such as freedom of speech, but I must say the freedom must follow the guidelines to those who are in control of this site. Obviously some members need parenting.

I am not against pinpointing out those individuals who seem to be more scam than good. Yet this can be done by posting a thread in a more professional way. Just state that you personally would not purchase this or trust this person. In appropriate mature way offer an example or maybe personally email a member why.

So now I have a parts car. I purchased it and have given some parts away for free. When it comes to shipping things out I have asked for money for a couple of things. I believe if I was over priced Dayle would not have purchased a darn thing. He wanted a hood but I was unable to find a way to have it shipped in a non expensive way.

I agree with Matt….what you do with your car is basically your opinion. Yet, judging those very few people who have a parts car to assist another member to keep the car as stock as possible is acceptable. Just maintain professionalism or use good judgment.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Guyver280z
I cant believe im reading this

Can I have your atention please?? I love my SVX, I do believe is a unique car... but cmon, its not a Bugatti... Thanks to people parting cars that probably were going to end up being crushed, we have access to cheap original parts... FOR REAL, the STEALESHIPS are way sooooo expensive, and sometimes they cant get the parts for SVX's

I mean if someone feels offended because somebody is parting his car then istead of complaining and acting like crazy GO AND BUY THE CAR!!! Its easier to complain than acting.

I mean, I feel sad for the car... but all its parts are still going to live on somebody elses car. And its more sad to see a crushed SVX.

If my car gets rearended Im pretty sure my insurance company is going to total it. I like to think that if that happens Im going to be able to tell my insurance that I can get the parts to fix the car for a reasonable price so they wont total my car.

Anyways.... I cant believe you guys are fighting for this. I've owned Camaros and Datsuns and I've seen a lot of this cars been parted and thanks to them my cars are still alive and not in the junk yard.

By the way, I voted offended... because yeah, there are some cases where the owner shouldnt part a car, thats the only time I feel kinda offended but I rather find the way to buy the car than just complaining and calling him "names"

Thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
That's it though... people DO want to buy the car, minus the cost of a new transmission. So about $1000-1500 for a clean example, with bad transmission. Sound fair? Of course it does. But the seller, having paid much more than this, does not want to sell it for such a littel amount of money (even though it's fair), so instead parts it out to make $2000+ in parts... .and all the car needed was a transmission! Instead of a good 5spd candidate, it's now DEAD, gone forever, and it's remenants will be crushed.
Understood, but you can't stop someone if they want to make 1K more than just selling the car......Dollar signs bounce around in their brains.....Money talks......some people underestimate the costs to keep the car on the road too and some people find themselves in financial binds...that's just how life is man.
Yes it would be great if we all could try and save each and every car, but that's just not possible...be realistic.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Network Design Administrator

I have heard from some of the other staff... so far they agree with my actions.

This site is not a 'free country'.

I don't like seeing cars parted as much as you guys don't. But if you cannot follow our simple rules and show respect you get to deal with the consequences.

I do not enjoy dealing with these issues. I became a part of the staff here to help better the community. This is the part of the job that sucks, but I will not waiver I'm my interpretation of the rules.

I always ask the opinion of the other staff members when I take action, as a check and balance if you will, to make sure I stay even keeled.

The basic point here is not whether or not your signature offended anyone. It's about whether or not it violated the rules. I felt it did and took action.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by RSVX; 08-07-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
Quote:
merely because the transmission is bad.
go ask your local subaru dealer for a price quote on that one...
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I don't understand how all this got geared towards parting SVX's??

As usual, This is just another one of the many facts and truths that Tomssvx and Benebob can not handle. I have explained this many times and I will do so 1 last time for those who haven't heard it so I can stop being pursecuted.
The 2 cars that I have parted so far(over a year ago now I believe) were NOT MY CALL. The owner of the black parts car asked me to part it for him as it was a basketcase in need of EVERYTHING to be drivable again. I simply did as asked for at the time my business didn't even exist and I had no parts to help fix it. The white parts car was purchased by my stepdad, And yes, It only had 102K miles on it. BUT...It sat outside without moving for 5 YEARS!! Needless to say the tranny was toast when it was parked and the engine had seen better days too. Plus it blew almost every hose it had the first time I started it up. I offered the car for sale but nobody bought, So it had to be parted.

Now how about getting to the real reason for all of this: Tomssvx doesn't feel I should be in business and therefore PM's my customers behind my back and asks them to go elsewhere and takes money and food out of my families mouths.
Benebob is just and losing his small grip on reality from what I can figure and gets mad when the world doesn't follow his thinking or like his car.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I think we've heard all sides of the story by now.

It is like living in a day care center around here. I would expect everyone involved to drop this and move on. No one needs the last word on this subject as obviously no one is planning on changing their opinions about anything or anyone.

We are supposedly adults here, its about time we all act like it.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Closed Thread