SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

View Poll Results: Are you offended by this?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Are you offended by this?

Any SVX parts dismantler should be shot as should the idiots who support them.

Seems that there are some facists around who feel that this statement is singling out certain members who make a living destroying the cars that we all love and try to maintain for future generations to enjoy.

Last edited by benebob; 08-07-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Any SVX parts dismantler should be shot as should the idiots who support them.

Seems that there are some facists around who feel that this statement is singling out certain members who make a living destroying the cars that we all love and try to maintain for future generations to enjoy.

Lets at least get the quote right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob's removed signature
IGNORANT MONEY HUNGRY WANNA-BE-JUNKYARDERS WHO DISMANTLE SVXs FOR PARTS SHOULD BE SHOT AS SHOULD THOSE WHO PATRONIZE THEM!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Lets at least get the quote right...
Would've but some facist pulled it and I'd already focused my brain in other directions.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Im kind of offended by the fact that alot of people have become little babies and have stooped low enough to retaliate with name calling and bickering, thats not what we all come to these forums for. So if your asking if im offended by the 5yr old behavior that certain members have begun to demonstrate then yes, I am.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 AM

Just for old time sakes

When i join this group in 2005 i ask a question about why so many were parting out these cars, almost every response was knock me down and put a boot in my rear.If you go back and read my post in 2005 you see exactly why i sort of keep all to myself. One person even took the time out and put a picture of someone telling me to shut the F----k up. Now this was when i first join so do you think i would buy anything from anyone (HELL NO) but everyone has there views and all should be able to express themselves in a way it does not offend anyone. I think this is a good group of mature people and we all need help sometimes along the way. Question now is WHY all of sudden people are so sensitive about parting out cars and not before, it was only 2 years ago i ask and was concern about that and got knock down.... There is room for everyone to make some improvements with there own self and go on with life and all get along...Now i do think there should be a separate forum for the ones that do work and advertise with there signature and that should be separate from the general forum.This is a free world and to each have there own views..
Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Would've but some facist pulled it and I'd already focused my brain in other directions.
So far, 75% of people (not you) say yes, and I havent voted yet...

So am I still a facist? lol
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by RSVX; 08-07-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

Generally I agree with that statement. I'm not going to name names, but there used to be a certain member here who doesn't seem to post much anymore, and he would buy SVXs, and they'd be FINE, and then he would claim that they didn't pass inspection (even though they were fine), and instead of fixing whatever little thing was wrong, he'd part them out. Again. And again. And again. It was infuriating.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Hater

your money, your car, your business what you do with it.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM

This bicker about the whole should/shouldn't you part is realy lame. I have bought two fenders from one of these so called jerks, which in turn helped me save my svx from being junked and parted. If the parts wern't in need then these people wouldn't be parting the cars in the first place. If an svx is parted out losing its front fenders its hood and misc. interior parts, these all end up back on someone elses svx like mine.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
This is getting totally ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ4U2
When i join this group in 2005 i ask a question about why so many were parting out these cars, almost every response was knock me down and put a boot in my rear.If you go back and read my post in 2005 you see exactly why i sort of keep all to myself. One person even took the time out and put a picture of someone telling me to shut the F----k up. Now this was when i first join so do you think i would buy anything from anyone (HELL NO) but everyone has there views and all should be able to express themselves in a way it does not offend anyone. I think this is a good group of mature people and we all need help sometimes along the way. Question now is WHY all of sudden people are so sensitive about parting out cars and not before, it was only 2 years ago i ask and was concern about that and got knock down.... There is room for everyone to make some improvements with there own self and go on with life and all get along...Now i do think there should be a separate forum for the ones that do work and advertise with there signature and that should be separate from the general forum.This is a free world and to each have there own views..
It really started with mike Davis, the it went to dunebuggy supply then the vineland guys, then budfreak as well. There comes a time when someone has just had enough of seeing this kind of thing happen and asks other not to support the decision to part out cars and asks them to STOP buying parts from these people as to make them find a new way of doing things. I personally have had enough, I will not buy parts from any car-parter unless it is a junkyard or a car I know cannot be saved (roll-over etc...) This is the attitude I have adopted and I ask that others that feel the same way adopt the same policy. If not, all efforts are futile.

It is a free world and it is your car, your money, and your decision. But with that liberty, I have the same right to do whatever in my power to try and stop it simply by boycotting the sales of parted cars and suggesting others do as well.

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarusee
This bicker about the whole should/shouldn't you part is realy lame. I have bought two fenders from one of these so called jerks, which in turn helped me save my svx from being junked and parted. If the parts wern't in need then these people wouldn't be parting the cars in the first place. If an svx is parted out losing its front fenders its hood and misc. interior parts, these all end up back on someone elses svx like mine.
Metal is molded to fit the car at the factory... it can be reshaped in the same fashon. The problem is, people take the cheap and easy route and look only at the short-term consequences. Instead of people buying that car that needed work and rebuilding it, now it is being parted out.

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
devil's advocate...How do you know the cars didn't pass inspection?

I do agree with Alan....If a person wants to turn an svx into a tank, then so be it...if they want to part it out then so be it....they were there first to find that car and the first to submit a payment to the seller, so they should be able to do whatever they want to with it. Most members on here such as I would love to keep these vehicles on the road...others may want to get creative and do something else with it...or even have parts available to keep other cars of their own working or parts available for others.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 AM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Seems to me that the original statement pretty well illustrates fascism quite well. Suggesting that if people don't do something in a way that you find to be preferable they should be shot? And then follow that with the tamarity to call someone else a fascist? Very impressive.

It seems to me, that as I live in a free state (more or less) I still have to right to do what ever I want with my personal property, I have no intention of ever parting out my SVX, but, I can assure you that if I need a part for my car, I will go out of my way to find the best deal I can.

People, being the way they are, tend to enjoy doing things just to be spiteful, as a result I wouldn't be suprised if all of the consistant mewling hasn't inspired a few people to part out a car. Keep in mind that there are probably quite a large number of people that just come here to read, and don't even have accounts, and why would they want to when they are assaulted as soon as they post a message that the "non-fascists" don't agree with.

crap, that turned into a diatribe... enjoy

Skip
Old 08-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Hater

that's why you won't ever catch me living in a Homeowners Association.
if i want to part out my SVX in my front yard and go grab a beer from the refrigerator on my front porch, that's my business.

maybe someone could start an SVX Fanboi Association?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Closed Thread