Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
Guess I'm not getting my right rear quarter
Just kidding. That sucks man. I hope you can get it all patched up without too much pain. Hucks probably right on with the arm, I've bent one pretty good befor! Hope thats all you gotta swap to get it down to MD. Goodluck.
Actually, I can probally still get you the quarter you need. Give me a few weeks and I'll see what I can do. I'll try swapping some front suspension parts here soon and see what fixes it. It doesn't seem to pull or drive funny at all, Just the wheel is off to the right. It should be fixed by probally the end of november. Consider Subi-crosser hired for the job.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Locker Link Solution

ehh, still no rush. just whenever you get one stripped down enough ...after you get your own of course. I'm thinking about taking a crack at reworking mine, but I don't really expect it to work. I'll try to keep an eye on your parts thread to see when a carcass is getting ready for a trip to the foundry.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I just saw the pics my friend, that is aweful... the front side doesn't look so bad, but the rear panel... man!! you should change it

Good luck my friend, hope you get it fixed soon...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
I just saw the pics my friend, that is aweful... the front side doesn't look so bad, but the rear panel... man!! you should change it

Good luck my friend, hope you get it fixed soon...
Yeah, the rear panel sucks. I'm gonna have subi-crosser fix it up for me and it will be good as new. Lots of work, But I trust Subi-crosser and svxfiles to get it done right and quick. Wish me (and them)luck.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Yeah, the rear panel sucks. I'm gonna have subi-crosser fix it up for me and it will be good as new. Lots of work, But I trust Subi-crosser and svxfiles to get it done right and quick. Wish me (and them)luck.
Bud said the body lines and gaps are OK, so the other stuff should be 'bolt on' stuff. I can filet the rest like a Flounder.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 10-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Bud said the body lines and gaps are OK, so the other stuff should be 'bolt on' stuff. I can filet the rest like a Flounder.
I went out and took an even closer look today Jerry, And all the body lines are great and the doors still shut very easily and so on. Th only thing off is the hood and it's either because it got bent or because the rad support is bent. The back side of the hood on the drivers side is against the fender and sticking up in the air, and the front edge on the same side has about a 1" inch between it and the fender. I'm suspecting the rad support got pushed over a little and I didn't think to check, But maybe the hood hinges got bent too. I've got the rear quarter good enough to were I feel comfortable driving it down to you(a 10 lbs. sledge, a 4 foot crowbar, and a few chunks of wood helped). I think I'm ready to go on my end, I just need to get my parts car stripped and get all the pieces off we'll need. Anytime after Nov.4 is good for me, As I now still plan on running at the strip for my birthday wrecked or not. See you soon Jerry.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM

so sorry about the accident

so sorry about the accident. Didn't realize there were so many wonderful people in this forum until I read some of the threads. I have left you a message budfreak but I am going to try to upload the pics of my svx now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0012.JPG (309.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0013.JPG (304.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0014.JPG (311.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0015.JPG (318.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0016.JPG (317.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 10-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

I went out today and decided to try to make my car partially presentable, So I put on a spare black front bumper, and worked the metal around for awhile until I made a headlight and turn signal fit nicely. The only truly hard parts I came across was getting the bolts in on the bumper. I can't get the 2 upper 10MM bolts on the passenger side to bolt up, and the driverside 17MM bolts were a ***** to line up with the holes. For some reason it was a little different than I was expecting with the bolt hole alignment issues with the 17mm's. The passenger side holes lined up perfect, But the driver side holes were pulled toward the passenger side. I would expect the holes to be pushed toward the driver side since the impact was on the pass. side. I also noticed both hood hinges are bent, So I'll replace those in the next few days and see how things line up. But either way, It's put back together and looks much better than it did. I'll finish up a few things and try to be ready for the track on the 4th.

P.S. I thought about it more and it all makes sense how everything is lining up. I think my frame is tweaked between a 1/4-1/2 inch.

Last edited by Budfreak; 10-29-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Things aren't looking good for getting the car fixed in a hurry. I need to come up with a 1,000 bucks to get it started, So unless I really start selling some parts soon and quick, It's going to be a super slow process and all I'll be able to do is hope for it to be done by spring. God how depressing.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Things aren't looking good for getting the car fixed in a hurry. I need to come up with a 1,000 bucks to get it started, So unless I really start selling some parts soon and quick, It's going to be a super slow process and all I'll be able to do is hope for it to be done by spring. God how depressing.
What is the 1k for? Was your rear bumper damaged? I may have an idea.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 10-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
What is the 1k for? Was your rear bumper damaged? I may have an idea.
The 1K is for materials and for the labor. Yes, the rear bumper took a good scraping and will need replaced, But I have all the body parts I need. My only problem is financial.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Locker Link Solution

yeah, thats where my idea came in. It was hard to tell it that was a scrape or a reflection in the pic. I was gonna ask for the black bumper, which you are apparently using. Still may be able to help, I'll PM you later tonight, I have to get some work done tonight first...

Old 10-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
yeah, thats where my idea came in. It was hard to tell it that was a scrape or a reflection in the pic. I was gonna ask for the black bumper, which you are apparently using. Still may be able to help, I'll PM you later tonight, I have to get some work done tonight first...
Looking forward to hearing from you. I do have a rear bumper for sale, but it isn't black.