Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-29-2006, 12:46 PM

Unhappy A/C questions

I posted a few weeks back about an aroma coming through the vents and it has an odd characteristic. The problem that is not the smell. So when I turn the A/C on, it works fine & no aroma. If I turn it off and turn it on again a few minutes later, it smells like laundry that got left in the washer for a few too many days. It isn't a consistent aroma and only shows up when the A/C is used?? I sprayed lots of Lysol into the vent intakes and also checked the drain hose which was clear of any debris or obstructions but the problem persists. Should I remove the box under the Pass. side dash & look there for the problem?? Any other ideas? Now for question #2. My A/C compressor makes a small rattling, ticking noise when it's turned on and while running. It isn't real annoying but is noticable and probably indicating some type of problem within it. Anyone have this compressor rattling / ticking noise issue & if so, what problem does this symptom pertain to? Winter is a coming and doing nothing is an option for now but I'm pretty fanatical about things working they way they should so really want to get these taken care of. THANKS!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Wow, no replies after this many people have read this.

I know that Dayle (Motorsports Warehouse) mentioned of a substance that can be injected into the evaporator compartment under the dash which is supposed to clean up the smell.

I don't know about the A/C compressor rattling though. Do you get any error codes?