Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Two vacuum lines above trani???

Hello again, SVX Guru's! I must say that the joy of owning this 92 SVX LS-L is starting to set in...if I can get it running 100%, that is. I'll be brief -
Looking down at the transmission from the engine bay, there are TWO vacuum lines on the very TOP towards the front of the trani/rear of engine...on what I'm looking at and seeing, both of mine are disconnected. The one on the PS, is a short one, and is only about three inches long and "loops"...not connected to anything. The one on the DS is about six inches long (looks like it's been cut) and again, goes nowhere. Question - are they SUPPOSED to be connected to something? If so...would someone be so kind as to tell me in detail - WHERE - they are supposed to be going to?!
Thanks once again for any help. I've pretty much "fixed" all the other problems (thanks in most part to the responses from this list, btw ) and this is next in line.

Frank Germano

86 Subaru Turbo-XT EAT AWD (Burgundy) - bone stock, and "mint" condition. 74,000 original miles.

94 Ford Taurus SHO ATX (Dark Green) - mods: Borla SS Exhaust, MSD Ignition, Carbon fiber Hood, Hella HID conversion headlight system.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Those are not vacuum lines. They are vent lines used to discharge excess atf if you ever overfill the trans...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
They are not vaccuum, they are just vent lines.

They go exactly where you described, nowhere.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

This is a picture of my former 4.11 trans. You can see the black vent lines at the top of the trans...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-24-2005, 05:42 AM

THANKS! You people really do need to be commended for the time and effort you put in by taking the time to answer these (trivial) questions. I would have probably searched for a few hours trying to find "what" those two lines ran to...again - thanks. I'm glad I found and joined this list. A few more minor glitches to fix and I'll have this SVX back to 100%. Still can't get rid of that low RPM/off idle stumble/miss, though. Next step, I guess, is to bite the bullet and grab 6 coil packs and see if that's the culprit.

Frank

86 Subaru Turbo-XT EAT AWD (Burgundy) - bone stock, and "mint" condition. 74,000 original miles.

94 Ford Taurus SHO ATX (Dark Green) - mods: Borla SS Exhaust, MSD Ignition, Carbon fiber Hood, Hella HID conversion headlight system.