Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Question Japanese Imports

Under the current MTA laws for Oz its possible that SVXs could start to be imported here if they prove popular since they will meet the 15 year rule next year...

I am currently on the mailing list with one of the main importers and I am regularly emailed with what their buyers are looking to buy for Australian sale at the Japan auto auctions [set by customer demand][ currently the usual crop of Skylines, Soarers , 180xs, 300Zs, in various Turbo or non turbo form..plus some unusal things from old Rollers, a couple older Benzs, people movers with 8 seats multi a/c units electric curtains, diesel turbo. etc]. Under the 15 year rule 1990 models or older ie 89s can be imported [in 2005] but with modification to meet ADRs - generally converting a/c gas to new type[if old], side intrusion bars, new tyres, seat belts etc..

I will look with interest to see if the SVX comes up for sale thru the auctions and then to see what price they may fetch...

If we could get access to these grey imports [like NZ does now, I wonder what price they would come in at in AUD ??] what model would be the one of interest ..4WS ? L, LSL ..James can you refresh our memory on their models. Importing may cannibalise our pricing perhaps as 'greys' are always cheaper, and in most cases their Ks are lower..

Looking at cars that they currently bring in the difference between the landed price and dealer price can be from $2K upto $5K; this importer allows in their pricing indicator of the car around $1200 per car to make the car meet ADRs, but you can buy off them direct, as they supply Aust car dealers.

Dave 2 in Oz

Last edited by grnSVX96; 04-21-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: