Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-20-2003, 03:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Re: Not ever

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
Not ever.. nor ever will..

Besides.. Your supporting terrorism (and other anti-american types) if you do and just making things tougher for all of us in the military...

Dont believe me?? Thats ok.. you dont have too.. but it is the truth!

So do yourself (and the rest of the world) a favor and dont do it anymore.

My $.02
Chris
Oh, really. And for example if I got it free from a friend who was growing it I would be supporting terrorisom? Please. We are not talking about the opium popies they grow in the middle east. We are talking about a herb which is grown localy most of the time.

I think all that oil we Americans get from the middle east supports more "terrorists" than any drugs. I really can't believe some people actually buy into all that government mis-information crap.

BTW, I really hope your joking.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Eh. Don't worry about me. I don't really ahve an addictive personality.... I drink, but not excessively, and I toke, but not excessively.

I smoke probably...eh.... 10 times a year, IF that.

Anyway, if you wanna talk about terrorism let's talk about the government making a substance illegal because of a GREEDY newspaper owner, and locking up tons of people who wouldn't harm anything (except a bag of cheetos), and wasting tax payer money.

- Rob
Old 12-20-2003, 05:30 PM
CGLathrop

Disagree.. and agree..

I disagree wiz...
I do believe all that "government mis-information crap" Maybe its a free bag to you, but others see it as contributing to the cause. So you get high, and others see it and think it might be fun. So the get some, get addicted, and buy something stronger. Before you know it, they are buying hash or meth and there you have it. Sorry, but (in my eyes) people that toke are an advertisment to do drugs and that is not going to help the U.S. Keep reading though.. you might be surprised at what I say at the end.

I also agree wiz...
That the oil we are buying is supporting terrorism. After living in Germany for 4 years and seeing many wind turbines all over Europe I believe that the U.S is lagging behind. It is estimated that North Dakota alone would be able to supply half the U.S. with power if we were to put in the wind turbines and start harvesting wind power. South Dakota could then supply the other half, and Nebraska could have make energy to export (for money) to Mexico or Canada. Of course, that would put such a hurting on big oil that G.W.B. wouldnt like that. I would love to see us reduce our oil consumption to just our vehicles and have the electricity for our houses be all from wind power. Will it happen?? maybe some day, but most likely not for a very long time. Did you see were OPEC wants us to give the money to support there way of life if there is a reduction in oil consumption? Yup, was on the news a week or two ago.

I agree with Chicane (I think?)
I do support making the "herb" legal, Just like alcohol and cigars. It would have to be well controlled, and of course taxed! Taxes alone could go a long way to reducing the national debt. Of course, we would get the same problems we have now in the U.S. with people filing law suits against anyone who might have just a little money for them to get because they smoked for 50 years and now have a persistant cough. The other fact is that the plant has other good qualities. You can make more paper for less money off the plant then from a tree. I have also heard that it makes good clothing. Now, with the stuff legalized, we could have our police forces concentrate on more important things (Murder, Rape, Theft of SVX's).

Ok. I am not usually one to express my beliefs on a web site. But I guess once in a while it is O.K. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions, and will "agree to disagree". This is one reason why I am serving in the military, so you can express your opinions with out having to worry about getting thrown in jail and beaten to death.

Interesting article on CNN's web site.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...sts/index.html

Chris.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:12 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Better hope noone in the DEA has an SVX

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-20-2003, 07:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Re: Disagree.. and agree..

Quote:
I disagree wiz...
I do believe all that "government mis-information crap" Maybe its a free bag to you, but others see it as contributing to the cause. So you get high, and others see it and think it might be fun. So the get some, get addicted, and buy something stronger. Before you know it, they are buying hash or meth and there you have it. Sorry, but (in my eyes) people that toke are an advertisment to do drugs and that is not going to help the U.S. Keep reading though.. you might be surprised at what I say at the end.
Ok, I agree there are some idiots out there who will smoke weed and move on to hard stuff like crack. Although I don't know about the addiction thing. My family has a history of addictive personalitys but yet even after having smoked weed for more than a year at this point I'd rather spend my money on getting rid of bills than getting another baggy and letting the bills pile up. The free thing was an example btw.

Its all kind of a matter of the individual. There are some people out there who will abuse. Its really the same with any drug including over the counter stuff. There are some who use it responsibly and some who don't. It just seems that those who don't are turned into a media frenzy and those who do are ignored like they don't exist because it would destory the whole reason for getting rid of drugs. There are some over the counter drugs that anyone can buy that will do more damage than weed ever will.

I think all drugs should be legalized but also very strictly regulated. Frankly heroin and morphene are on a simaler level of danger (drugs I would never touch). So why is one legal and the other is not? They can both be used for pretty much the same effect I believe.

Oh, for those who did not know hemp can also be used to make diesel fule. You would have an unlimited supply than can be produced for very little money. If hemp was legal we could have cheap fule driving nice engines like VW's V10 TDI. 24mpg with over 550 ft/lbs torque.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Just so's people know, I didn't use "Mary Jane" as a "stairstep." Although the opportunities (in the broadcasting industry, at the time) were numerous and, blatant.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Dope

Hi everyone, I love living. And you pretty much miss life when your stoned. I do drink alcohol, but only alcohol that I like the taste of. I don't drink to excess. This is another one of my words to live by. I do enough dumb stuff by accident, so I try not to do dumb stuff on purpose. Take care, BOBB
Old 12-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: Disagree.. and agree..

Quote:
So you get high, and others see it and think it might be fun. So the get some, get addicted, and buy something stronger. Before you know it, they are buying hash or meth and there you have it.
It ****ing PISSES me off when people say that. "Oh... pot is a GATEWAY drug! A high percentage of MAJOR drug users tried Marijuana BEFORE they moved onto coke!"

WELL NO CRAP, MORONS!

GUESS WHAT?!?! A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF POT USERS PROBABLY TRIED BEER BEFORE POT! >gasp!<

OH NO! BEER IS A GATEWAY DRUG! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! QUICK!!! PROHIBITION!!!!!!!!!

- Rob <----drinks alcohol and caffiene, smokes pot very occasionally, & only other drug I'd do would be absynthe. That I am truly interested in experiencing.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
This may change your mind about absinthe. If not, its a great read as are all the Tucker Max stories.

http://www.tuckermax.com/Stories/absinthe.htm
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Certified Porschephile

It's illegal because it's a MIND altering substance. Ever seen someone drive while they are high? Tell the family of the people they kill it's harmless. Alcohol takes alot more volume to cause impairment then dope. So one joint affects you more then a few beers do. I'm not saying alcohol isn't dangerous, that's why it's also illegal to drink and drive. So let's get off the stupid government conspiracy crap. Dope isn't illegal because it makes cheaper paper. It's because of the affects it causes. While under the influence of any drug you are not capable of making rational decisions. I find it amusing that people have to defend a mind altering substance. I never used it, and wow, don't really feel like I missed out on anything. I think I'll be happy using my mind 100% of the time they way it should be. You want to do something like that fine, but don't talk about how great it is. If anything you do hinders your ability to do anything, then I fail to see it's greatness. Why don't we discuss how robbing a bank isn't that bad. I mean the money is insured by the big government conspiracy types, and as long as no gets hurt that what's the harm right? Funny thing about logic. You can always turn it around to make something seem like it's no big deal.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:51 AM

i think that it is illegal because there is no definative road side test. i think the government would love the tax money that would come from legalizing pot. any drug used in excess is bad.

you guys like excedrin(sp)? coffee? chocolate? yeah they all contain caffine, a mood/mind altering drug.

i think that any body who wants to do it, fine do it. ppl in alaska are legalily allowed to smoke pot in their homes (as per my professor) and they don't seem to have a big issue with it.

personally i think that anyone that wants to slowly kill themselves with drugs is doing what they want to do, so let them do it. it is when that problem effects others that there is an issue, like PA says. but then again, ban ciggys and alcohol, because both will alter the mood/mind. and ppl that are sleepy behind the wheel should have their license revoked because they are a danger to everyone on the road! don't even get me started on the damn cell phone morons. and ps, even the most intellegent ppl only use about 12% of their mind :P

i stopped when i was like 16 because not only did i believe that it was a waste of time and money...it was just plain boring to me. i get sleepy and stupid. i'd personally rather just stay up really late. at least that you can't arrested for!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:14 AM
alacrity024

Re: Re: Disagree.. and agree..

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
OH NO! BEER IS A GATEWAY DRUG! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! QUICK!!! PROHIBITION!!!!!!!!!

.....only other drug I'd do would be absynthe. That I am truly interested in experiencing.
absynthe sounds like it'd be pretty cool.. that's what trent was pouring in the "Perfect Drug" video, right?

if you think about it.. the true gateway is school.. this is really the first place i ever heard about drugs.. in 6th grade we had a guy with a gun come in and talk to us once a week for two months about drugs.. at the end of it, we all got t-shirts and ate pizza.... none of us paid much attention to what the guy with the gun was actually SAYING.. we were all too excited about pizza and t-shirts...

i did a lion's share of drugs in high school and continue to smoke more pot than i probably should..

i seem to remain a productive member of society though.. i'm able to flex my creative muscles and stay on task, so i'm probably not in such bad shape.. we'll see how things go though.. i'm actually becoming concerned with the health implications of smoking, so thing may be changing.

i'm open to mild experimentation, but i draw the line at synthetics and processed drugs.. if it grows from the earth and makes you see colors, it was put there for a reason

-adam

ps.. everything i said is a lie.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
It's illegal because it's a MIND altering substance. Ever seen someone drive while they are high? Tell the family of the people they kill it's harmless. Alcohol takes alot more volume to cause impairment then dope. So one joint affects you more then a few beers do. I'm not saying alcohol isn't dangerous, that's why it's also illegal to drink and drive. So let's get off the stupid government conspiracy crap. Dope isn't illegal because it makes cheaper paper. It's because of the affects it causes. While under the influence of any drug you are not capable of making rational decisions. I find it amusing that people have to defend a mind altering substance. I never used it, and wow, don't really feel like I missed out on anything. I think I'll be happy using my mind 100% of the time they way it should be. You want to do something like that fine, but don't talk about how great it is. If anything you do hinders your ability to do anything, then I fail to see it's greatness. Why don't we discuss how robbing a bank isn't that bad. I mean the money is insured by the big government conspiracy types, and as long as no gets hurt that what's the harm right? Funny thing about logic. You can always turn it around to make something seem like it's no big deal.
Truthfuly, I've seen people drive when they were stoned like after parties for example. I was with them. Their driving was no worse than when they were not stoned becides the fact that they drove slower. But then again they were good drivers to begin with.

If some inexperianced 16 year old driver who just started driving went off and got stoned and tried to drive it would be a different story. And in most of the cases where someone is hurt they find pot in the persons blood but there is no way to tell when they did it from that and along with that they tend to find alcohol and just don't put that part into the TV ads. The driver could have been tired too. Having no sleep for 24 hours can do alot more harm than any pot or a little alcohol. The reasoning behind all of this crap is "OMG OMG he had marijuana in his system, that caused it all" same reefer madness, just a different story.

Oh, and there are many legal mind altering substances you can buy at the local drug store. Robotussin (SP?) for example. Some variants of it have DXM in it. People overdose on it to alter their mind in ways that pot would never do. And I'm sure if someone tried to drive with this in them it would be quite unpleasant. Oh, and this stuff actually does mess up your brian from what I hear. SO WHY IS IT LEGAL??????
Old 12-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
It's illegal because it's a MIND altering substance.
WRONG ASSHOLE.

The reason pot is illegal is because of a GREEDY corrupt newspaper owner, WILLIAM RANDOLPH HEARST. Hearst owned tons of newspapers, and tons of FOREST/FORESTING crap. He had a LOT of money invested in forests, to make PAPER, for his newspapers. Well, along comes a machine similar to the cotton gin that can extract pulp easily from 'hemp', and in 1 acre, it can produce 4 times as much pulp as an acre of forest, but hemp is also quicker and easier to grow than trees. Knowing that he'll lose a ton of money in his foresting investment, Hearst starts a SMEAR campaign against marijuana. He runs the same story front page on a lot of his newspapers, about a car accident where a joint was found in the car. Pages back, there are COUNTLESS alcohol related car accidents, but they are shoved to the back of the paper. He succeeds. Hemp/Pot is deemed illegal after his smear campaign, he doesn't lose a ton of money. Did you know the Bill of Rights was written on hemp paper? George Washington grew it. So please do yourself a favor and STFU unless you know what you're talking about (and you obviously don't).

Quote:
Ever seen someone drive while they are high?
Ever seen someone drive while drunk?

Quote:
Tell the family of the people they kill it's harmless.
Guess what? I dont' drive drunk. I don't drive stoned. Let me guess... you're one of those sad pathetic people who don't want ANY type of responsibility whatsoever. You think that if someone drives drunk, it isn't the persons fault for being a dumbass, its the alcohols fault, and that we should ban alcohol, right? Because that's exactly the type of arguement you're making.

Quote:
Dope isn't illegal because it makes cheaper paper.
Yes, it really is. The fact you deny this part of history shows how ignorant you are.

Quote:
It's because of the affects it causes.
Like what? Not being able to diffrentiate the difference between "AFFECTS" and "EFFECTS"? I smoked up last night and I'm still intelligent enough to realize the word you were looking for was EFFECTS, not AFFECTS.

Quote:
While under the influence of any drug you are not capable of making rational decisions.
Again you cry that people should not be held responsible, but instead the substance. Guess what? I've been piss drunk in compromising situations, and I've NEVER taken advantage of a girl, & I've never driven drunk.*

Quote:
I find it amusing that people have to defend a mind altering substance.
You're right. We should ban alcohol, caffiene, and countless other substances that alter your mind.

Quote:
I never used it, and wow, don't really feel like I missed out on anything.
You don't say? I mean, I would have guessed that judging by the copious amounts of ignorance and stupidity that you're spewing, but hey, glad you confirmed my suspicions.

Quote:
I think I'll be happy using my mind 100% of the time they way it should be.
Cool. Don't ever have a beer, glass of wine, mixed drink, cappacino, coffee, latte, or smoke a cigarette.

Quote:
Funny thing about logic.
Yes, the fact that someone like you can present an arguement intent on disagreeing with me, but instead your hypocrisy and stupidity undermines whatever point you had.

You are officially

OWN3D!!!!!!

- Rob
Old 12-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

WRONG ASSHOLE

- Rob
Garth - take your ritalin.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: