Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Coolhand

Yeah,I saw the one currently advertised for about 20 thousand too much !!!!
I'm actually a little bummed that I didn't pick up the jap one i saw,as for the bargain price of 10K and the dealer provided 3 year warranty,I think I could have done far worse,even in the event of something going awry.....Well the past is just that...so,I'm keen to get the low down on the one in WoyWoy.I said I'd contact Rainer during the week about his car..so please let me know what possibilities there are for the Syd Svx Posse to scope it !
Old 06-22-2003, 06:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Luc, seriously - it is worth waiting.

It took 2.5 years for me to find the one that I ended up getting - don't take that as indicative of what will happen to you but rather was a matter of right one at the right price.

With the silver/grey in Melbourne, looking through the lack of cosmetic care, how did the car appear?

I ask since, withe Rainor's, from what I saw (and as I mentioned) it too would be in need of a decent detail, however, the Sydney SVX Subaru Society of SVX See'ers will no doubt be able to go over it with a fine tooth comb!

For the price, if I was looking now, I would certainly consider it - if Countess is reading this, she may be able to assist since I think she has a pretty good digital camera

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Coolhand

...o.k I have slapped myself into a more zen like state and am now at peace with the concept of time as a teacher,and experience as the lesson to allow even greater things in the future....!!!!
So,with regard to the silver one down here,the owner has asked me to return next week to see his car "fully detailed",at which point he will also show me his archive of receipts which he has since dug up,so I'll get a better idea then.Hopefully one of your crew will also be able to investigate Rainors further,as I mentioned, it has almost 60,000 less klms on the clock and seems to have had most of the gremlins exorcised already,so I'm thinking it to be a much better deal than the one down here anyway.Keep me up to speed with any developments,thanks again all !!
Old 06-22-2003, 07:51 PM

I will email Chris, black 1992, who is also in Melbourne and see if he would be able to perhaps accompany you and give you his 2 cents worth.

Although such is not a remedy for mechanical inspections (if you get the Melbourne Silver one, I would strongly recommend that A&B Automotive do a transmission inspection) having another owner have a look and drive will be able to get comments from an owner's perspective and the little things/niggles that a non-owner/prospective owner may miss.

Oh, this is only a quirk of mine, but if he is getting it detailed, I would try and dissuade him from doing the engine bay - 1) water/moisture is bad and 2) its the age old way of getting rid of pesky oil stains (also, have a look on his driveway where he parks it and also in his garage for signs of an unusual amount of oil either on the ground or in those 5 litre things)

James

PS: a silver one can look like this if you paint the bottom!!

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/lexus1.jpg

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
I will email Chris, black 1992, who is also in Melbourne and see if he would be able to perhaps accompany you and give you his 2 cents worth.

Although such is not a remedy for mechanical inspections (if you get the Melbourne Silver one, I would strongly recommend that A&B Automotive do a transmission inspection) having another owner have a look and drive will be able to get comments from an owner's perspective and the little things/niggles that a non-owner/prospective owner may miss.

Oh, this is only a quirk of mine, but if he is getting it detailed, I would try and dissuade him from doing the engine bay - 1) water/moisture is bad and 2) its the age old way of getting rid of pesky oil stains (also, have a look on his driveway where he parks it and also in his garage for signs of an unusual amount of oil either on the ground or in those 5 litre things)

James

PS: a silver one can look like this if you paint the bottom!!

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/lexus1.jpg
Not a bad idea, looks good.

C'mon, admit it, those wheels are PhotoShop, aren't they??

I have always liked the three-toned cars. The darker grey on the bottom panels slims the car down a bit, makes it more javelin-like.

Tony Shale's car in the UK is three-tone, Japanese import, looks good. To each his own taste. Personally I would way prefer one of those to the late model all silver cars. It is a bright silver, and is a bit like aluminium paint in the distance. Give me the duller, deeper tungsten silvers any day.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-23-2003, 04:44 PM

It is very subjective - some people can't stand yellow for example *laughing*

Old 06-25-2003, 03:08 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Smile

You are so right James.

Must admit, there is no colour scheme in the SVX range I find obnoxious. Even brash colours like the bright red and bright silver, these look very good on the car, the shape wins out.

It was marketed as an up-market motor after all, so no surprise it is dressed in suave colours.

Everybody wins!

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Hypersonic bananas!

And I should mention, the yellow is the one colour that totally marks out the car as something completely different and original.

No matter that we have Ole Yellerphobe out there somewhere

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-25-2003, 06:51 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Gee Joe, I think 'brash' red is pretty damn good too. (Check my locker) And I must say the yellow is, well, noticeable. But the burgundy really gets me going. Cheers. Mark.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:51 AM
Countess

I have been a little lax *hangs head in shame* I have missed this whole thread thingo !!!

They are selling the wonderful house I am living in on July 15 *sob* so my world has been a little upside-down of late ...

YES !!! Make a run to Woy Woy ... come see me and my NOT SVX *grin*

Show me your gorgeous cars, and take me for a spin ... show me what they can do, since I did not find that out ... yet ...

*swirl*

Old 06-30-2003, 02:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Shhh, it's a secret, but the silver ones come with the extra 37bhp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 06-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Coolhand

Sounds good,so if the silver ones have got an extra 37 horses I guess the "two toners" have roughly 18 and a 'arf...!
Well Sydney comrades,I think Countess is beckoning....Woy Woy Au Go Go....I'm still rearing to get into an SVX,and Rainors is currently the prime contender...James ???
Old 06-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Countess

*innocent look* Beckoning? Who, me ??? How about yelling *grin*

I live at Chittaway Bay ... only about 30 mins from Woy Woy ... you can all come and visit my house and we can BBQ for lunch !!!

Sunday ... 6th, or 20th July ... is good for me !! *hint hint*

We can park all the SVXs on the grass outside my house that backs onto the lake, before it gets sold from under me ... And take lots of piccies !!

http://www.raywhite.com.au/scripts/r...RS751&PageNo=1

Old 07-01-2003, 04:15 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Shhh, it's a secret, but the silver ones come with the extra 37bhp

Well, James better paint his about 10 shades of silver if he is going to keep chasing Ferraris!

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-01-2003, 04:27 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Red face Red-faced

Quote:
Originally posted by OZ_SVX96
Gee Joe, I think 'brash' red is pretty damn good too. (Check my locker) And I must say the yellow is, well, noticeable. But the burgundy really gets me going. Cheers. Mark.
Don't get me wrong Mark, red cars look good, see my comment "everybody wins"

I just like darker colours on all cars. Old age has made me brash also, the red ones now match the colour of my scalp!

Also, I have seen US owners call the colour "Arrest me!" red. I can vouch for this phenomenon. I had a few red cars in my time, and I figure the colour is good for 30-40 percent more police attention.

My own Guinness over Claret colour is a nice combo. It does not shout for attention in the distance, i.e. radar gun distance, yet it looks good up close and personal. Last Sunday I had a bunch of young guys in their twenties at a clay shoot. They had never seen one before, and come out en masse to drool over the Intercontinental Ballistic Plum. The small pleasures in life, eh?

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl