Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 10:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hi all!!

Firstly, my apologies....I have just moved in with Cassie (she of the long-suffering Camry chase car co-pilot!) and my home pc, which was a family PC, remains at home - hence no computer!! *aggghh...withdrawal symptoms...hits head into desk*

I have NET access at work but it is frowned upon severly to use....hence I am in on a public holiday a) doing work and b) sneaking on here!!

We will have a PC soon so then things can be back in earnest..and I can finally get my site updated!!

Secondly, welcome and congratulations Countess! There are 97 SVX's currently registered in NSW and although people are quite here, quite a few communicate through email (difference preference's I suppose)...in November 2002 we had 8 of them meet up for a BBQ here in Sydney (including one of the SVX's that ran in the Targa Tasmania and also the last remaining yellow SVX...two were sold in Australia...one was crashed - both of those cars live up your neck of the woods.

Your family has another one??? Chances are that they may have bumped into one of the guys from the Network/Club.....mine rarely goes out (I don't like to drive it unless I know that I will not be leaving it alone for a while..so strikes out car parks and the like) but I often head up the Old Pacific Highway for some late night shenanigans

We want to try and organise another get-together soon - hopefully one with an NTSC video since I have a number of SVX videos and also no money since I spent it all on Ebay SVX items!!!

As for people not knowing about them and the doomdayer's - heathens I yell ya, heathens!! Most have never even seen an SVX let alone know remotely what they are talking about!! Thats where this wonderful place comes in - first thing is to fit a transmission cooler, secondly retorque the wheel nuts and thirdly...get some sunglasses to avoid using the sunvisor...oh, and like airconditioning to avoid using the side windows!!

Do you know the history on the car etc?? We keep an eye on ones that are for sale specifically so that if they turn up again, we know if they are clocked, if the history is actually different to what the seller says (has happened with a few that have gone through dealers...naughty naughty!!!) - if so, chances are we know something about your car's history.

My web site (which is, unfortunately, still in need of work) may be of interest:

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx

Also, some photos of my car are here:

http://www.gavincato.com/pictures/svx

Gosford is literally only up the road from Sydney so we should try and organise a meet soon

Welcome again!

Regards

James aka Jamsvx

PS: if you ever see a blue Camry with rego plates 'JFD' beeping, flashing and chasing you through traffic, a lunatic hanginf out the window with a camera and a very very embarrassed girl sitting in the passenger seat, that would be me

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:38 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Cool

My, but that Cassie is a sucker for punishment.

Good to hear from you James, hope you get your PC on line soon.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Kienan

Hey Countess

WELCOME to SVX forums.
Congratulations on the buy. i hope you have heaps of fun in it. I hope you will be able to come to the next Aussie SVX meet.

Be careful about testing it out. Because one of my mates got caught at 160km/h and recieved a $2200 fine, and has to go to court in a couple of weeks. And since i know the SVX goes alot faster than that, be careful where you test it out. LOL

P.S James i saw another black SVX in forster the another day. i tried to take chase and catch them, but they were leaving town, and i didnt really want to push it since it is still double demerit points. :-(
Old 04-27-2003, 01:16 AM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
Welcome

to the Down Under tessie!!
Don't seem to have too many people down this neck of the woods.
Hope you have many years of pleasure from your new baby.
I live in NZ and both me and my ma have a Claret/black 92.
(Ours have the "magic" 40 HP button too!!)

Cheers

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 04-27-2003, 05:07 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by floatingkiwi
to the Down Under tessie!!
Don't seem to have too many people down this neck of the woods.
Hope you have many years of pleasure from your new baby.
I live in NZ and both me and my ma have a Claret/black 92.
(Ours have the "magic" 40 HP button too!!)

Cheers

Matt
Hey Matt [German ring to that ]

Glad to hear of someone else with the 40 hp button.

A question: do you leave it switchd on all the time, none of the time, or click it in when you need a bit of overtaking vroom?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-27-2003, 07:54 PM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
I like to leave it on all the time, we have a lot of windy roads and it's nice to be able to pass real easy like. My car doesn't seem to have a lot down in the low rev range so it seems I need those extra rpm.

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 04-28-2003, 03:15 AM
Countess

hahaha thanks for all your wonderful comments, everyone !!! This place is great!

And, Jamesvx, it is your web page fault I am here !!! It is all YOUR fault *POINTS*

And, I am now trying to "register" on subarusvx.org ... But, how the heck do I find out what my car is ... LS ... LSI >>> LE >>> ???? *confuzzled blonde look*

Is a 1992, is Auto, AWD, has no 40hp button *sob*, leather seats, sunroof, 3.3l, that is about all I know and that does not help me ... I is just blonde ... Well, purple actually *evil grin*

Old 04-28-2003, 05:51 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
If it has leather seats and a sunroof, it's an LS-L (Or LS-Tour as some of us call it)
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 04-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Countess

Sweeeeet

Excellent, thanks heaps and lots !! Will continue my registration!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Countess

And, Jamesvx, it is your web page fault I am here !!! It is all YOUR fault *POINTS*

James,
We're going to have to have a talk about the quality of the folks you're drawing to the network . . . .

You've got to quit raising the bar so high. Many of us can't match the fine quality of your "Down Under" mates!

Good to see this part of the forums kicking again. And, James, don't let work get in the way of your visiting here. Good grief, priorities, man. Priorities!

Oh, and please express my sympathies to Cassie for her unfortunate capture and enslavement as an SVX enthusiast by virtue of association.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Sweeeeet

Quote:
Originally posted by Countess
Excellent, thanks heaps and lots !! Will continue my registration!
Gid'ay Countess,
I am up north at Coffs and Amuse, Pete is in Southport, Queensld.
All the Aust delivered models, were LSi and the same level of trim, bells and whistles.

Don't listern to the rabble, I am an Auto Engineer and love the car a 95LSi. Any problems that you have, just ask the board to find the answer, how to fix it and how much it will cost.

When driving around town, leave it in 3rd, slip it into D when on the expressway.

Yes we must have a meet, somewhere on the coast would be great.

Harvey.
ps .your just down the road from Kienan.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:31 AM
Countess

We could have a meet here ... pics of SVXs on the beach ... Mmmmmm how good is the AWD? *evil grin*

Into 3rd so it does not change gears as much? What is the reason? And, am I better off to let it do the gear changes? I am normally an auto hater, so have been manually changing gears. Is that worse for the tranny?

Jamsvx ... yes, get a computer back online soon !!! Quick !!! What is wrong with using the sunvisor? My Harley Davidson sunglasses broke the day I got the car *grin* Shoulda been an omen, they were fine the 10 weeks I had no car !!! How rood !!

I don't know much history, but the guy I bought it from is a friend of my dad's, he got it when it wasz 1-2 years old I think. He had it garaged on blocks for 2 years as his wife hated it. Has done 106k which I think would be not clocked. Have to get the timing done soon too, being over 100k.

As for dad's - don't know any history, is a 93. He got it a couple of years ago, and has done a bit of work on it since then.

My radiator being fixed this Friday, is a bit milky, hopefully my head gasket is OK, dunno that one yet. Have to then sell the boyfriend's old car before I can do anymore work and put in my stereo I want *drewls as she looks at the www page of her stereo*, lack of finances being a problem. Does not help that I just spent $120 on that SVX model on ebay *grin* is gorgeous ... can't wait to get it ...

*shuts up now for a while*

Old 04-29-2003, 02:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I've followed the 'drive in 3rd' as recommended - its to prolong the life of our dear transmission! If you haven't fitted a transmission cooler, I would be doing that soon - if you are really paranoid, an auxillary filter too (I have a part # at home that I will get for you).

The other thing about driving in 3rd is the *James jumps out chair screaming yeehhaaaa* is that in our speed limits, its right in the 'zone' to floor it if an inquisitive car comes up for a sneak look.....of course, having reached 80kph, you can slide it into 4th as that brilliant howl reaches a crescendo and your foe is dispatched!!

I won't soon forget coming down a major road one evening when a B4 came up behind, then beside me...the lights ahead had been green for a while so both of us decided to plant it - we 'burst through the traps" at ###kph (the 3 '#'s is not supposed to mean 3 numbers - chuckle), the flat 6 sounding like a demon and the B4's nose behind me!!!

Of course, it would murder us from a 0kph start (curious to how an auto B4 would go!)

*James can't take it any more, leaves work and jumps into car*

Drooool!

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Countess

hahahaha Mmmmmmm winning car battles !!! I cracked up when I read that message, thanks !! You just made the start of my work day, it can only go downhill from here !

And, what is a B4 ??? *shakes her blonde head* Ooooh AutoSalon is on this weekend, guess where I will be on Sunday !!! I hope all you car lovers will be there ...

I drove all the way in 3rd, 'cept the expressway. See, I do what I am told ... sometimes ...

Now, must go do some work before I get busted !

Old 05-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Countess

Talking PPP III OOO NNN EEE EEE RRR

Okay, just did a bad thing and booked in to spend lots of money on Saturday installing this ...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/countess/Pioneer8450.html

I want it NOW !!! NOW, I tell you.

I know, I know, should do the tranny thing, and the brakes thing, and the other things first, but sound comes first !! *hangs head in shame*