Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM

Unhappy Parting out 92 Pearlie/Brand new Timing kit and Water Pump

The time has come to part out my 92 SVX. After sitting for almost a year now, with what I thought to be a blown head gasket, I finally took it apart. Turned out it had blown three timing idlers/sprockets and seized the water pump. After buying those parts (didn't install them, for the record), I took off the intake plenum to find a sizeable pool of antifreeze behind my passenger side intake valve (The cylinder closest to the radiator, #1? ). Being a college student, I just don't have the money to fix everything that it needs done to it.

So here's what I have for sale and the general synopsis of the car as it sits.

Brand new Subaru Genuine Water Pump, Seal, and Gasket
Asking $100 shipped.

Ebay Timing belt kit, opened once to check all the parts in it.
Asking $130 shipped

2 Cam Oil Seals
offer

Chilton Service Manual
...$15?

$400 takes the whole car if you can come pick it up.This pic was taken shortly after I bought it. It is currently in my garage with the hood and several engine components removed.

Pics can be viewed here -> http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/...VX/SVX%20Pics/

The car itself had around 98,700 miles on it. The trans was slipping/braking between gears, but other than that ran smooth.
The interior is in pretty decent condition, save for a cut in the back of the drivers seat. The radiator did leak a little, and to my knowledge the power steering pump wasn't making any obscene noises. This was about a year ago that I last heard it run though, so no promises. I do remember having the alternator tested before it died, and it was weak.

I'm no mechanic, but I know my way around a car well enough. Let me know what you need and I can probably grab pics if you want them.Larger items will need to be picked up.

Everything is being sold as-is. I am going back to school in about three weeks, so whatever doesn't get sold by then is going to the junkyard. It sucks getting rid of this thing, but I can't justify spending the $2000+ dollars on it to get it roadworthy anymore (I'd need to do engine, new trans, new rear wheel bearings). Someday, hopefully soon, I can get back into one.

The VIN is JF1CX3534NH105720.

Last edited by Tbear; 07-29-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: pics and mileage update