Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to newkid17 Send a message via Yahoo to newkid17
whole engine

i am looking for a whole engine... my girlfriends svx needs rings so i am just plannin on buying an engine and rebuilding it, then take the engine out of her car and put the rebuilt one in. take the engine that i took out of her car rebuild that one and put it into my svx.... maybe with some kind of configuration turbos!! MAYBE so if anyone has an engine that needs rebuilt or anything let me know please
Thanks, Bobby
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Re: whole engine

I have a good engine with 66k that I'm willing to sell. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm in NH.

Ron
Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid17 View Post
i am looking for a whole engine... my girlfriends svx needs rings so i am just plannin on buying an engine and rebuilding it, then take the engine out of her car and put the rebuilt one in. take the engine that i took out of her car rebuild that one and put it into my svx.... maybe with some kind of configuration turbos!! MAYBE so if anyone has an engine that needs rebuilt or anything let me know please
Thanks, Bobby

What makes you think it needs rings? Have you done a compression/leakdown test? There are many things besides bad rings that will make a car smoke or use oil, and most of them are a lot less expensive than rings!
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid17 View Post
Thanks, Bobby

How much money you're going to spend on these process??

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 PM

ok well, it does it on start up and it does it on acceleration i have yet to do a compression test.....but im either thinking rings or valvr guide seals.....what else could it be? and as for money i will get hers done asap...im looking for something cheap.....as in a few hundered or so (if possible)....and as for the turb, im going to have to look into it because there is not a buch room under the hood of these things as you all kinda know, and i kno it is going to be alot of money....the engine will prob sit in the grage and put it together peice by peice as i get the money soo it will prob take a while.......like 3 months(years)
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Sounds like valve stem seals to me, COULD be guides, but either one of those are a LOT cheaper than rings, heck you can do valve stem seals without removing the heads if you are careful. Trust me, do a compression check and/or a leakdown check, even if you have a dealership do it, it'll be worth it to see where you stand before you tear anything apart.
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM

typically leaky valve seals let oil in the CC when the engine is off.. smoke under acceleration (if blue in color) is rings. Black smoke under acceleration is fuel mixture.

Regardless I concur with the previous poster, it would be very easy to do a compression check first.

either way, I will have an engine for purchase in Maine.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 AM

yea it is blue smoke durring acceleration....but either way i am considering buying a new engine for 300... needs a rebuild... plus i need a senior project to graduate, and this will do wonders for me!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: